Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 08-17-2012, 02:59 PM
  #1156  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
AlienModified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 484
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Todd Hodge View Post
Check out the latest TLR blog.
http://losiracing.blogspot.com/
Not sure I get it. Wouldn't removing that mean there is less holding the cup on the ball?
AlienModified is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 03:02 PM
  #1157  
Tech Master
 
murky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 1,031
Default

ballcups popping off already ?

sounds like my dex210
murky123 is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
  #1158  
TLRacing
 
Todd Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,679
Default

Originally Posted by AlienModified View Post
Not sure I get it. Wouldn't removing that mean there is less holding the cup on the ball?
This allows more angulation of the steering tire rod under full suspension compression. It's just a precautionary measure that we feel improves the trucks performance.
Todd Hodge is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 03:32 PM
  #1159  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
AlienModified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 484
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Todd Hodge View Post
This allows more angulation of the steering tire rod under full suspension compression. It's just a precautionary measure that we feel improves the trucks performance.
Gotcha
AlienModified is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 03:49 PM
  #1160  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Do you trim the inner and outer both, or just the rack side. I ask because in the blog picture it looks like only 1 ball cup is trimmed.
losi b is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 04:03 PM
  #1161  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by losi b View Post
Do you trim the inner and outer both, or just the rack side. I ask because in the blog picture it looks like only 1 ball cup is trimmed.
It is beneficial to trim both, that allows the highest degree of angulation.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 04:14 PM
  #1162  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
It is beneficial to trim both, that allows the highest degree of angulation.
Thank you sir. I'm really looking forward to this truck.
losi b is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 04:36 PM
  #1163  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (19)
 
WIGMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Soo, Michigan
Posts: 984
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Todd Hodge View Post
Check out the latest TLR blog.
http://losiracing.blogspot.com/
Todd how come your not racing....you would be killin them in 1/8th scale
WIGMAN is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 05:21 PM
  #1164  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
Default

Went by hobby room in the house...Nuthin but cricket sounds.
Butler#11 is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 05:34 PM
  #1165  
Tech Master
iTrader: (60)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,222
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

I build on my workbench in the garage and I thought crickets had invaded my garage a week ago, but maybe I was seeing into the future.................
motobigalow is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 05:56 PM
  #1166  
Tech Adept
 
dougo96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by KalEl63 View Post
Yep we do wait more often than not.
I hope others get the call they have been waiting for sooner than later

I have just finished bag A on the build so farÖ.. Here is one pic as I donít want to be seen as rubbing it in.

U should go to your lhs and buy another 22sct and ship it to me and ill pay you! Seems that they will never be released here the eta was the 16th but its the 17th and it'll probly be along time..........
dougo96 is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 05:58 PM
  #1167  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
AlienModified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 484
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dougo96 View Post
U should go to your lhs and buy another 22sct and ship it to me and ill pay you! Seems that they will never be released here the eta was the 16th but its the 17th and it'll probly be along time..........
The "ship date" was the 16th, not the eta. They've passed through customs, they still need to be distributed.
AlienModified is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 06:02 PM
  #1168  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (11)
 
big_alex39301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson, Ms.
Posts: 188
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
It is beneficial to trim both, that allows the highest degree of angulation.
Will this mod work as well on the 22t?
big_alex39301 is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 06:51 PM
  #1169  
Tech Adept
 
dougo96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by AlienModified View Post
The "ship date" was the 16th, not the eta. They've passed through customs, they still need to be distributed.
All i care about is having one for the weekend off the 25th.... so itll need to ship and be to my lhs by the 22nd
dougo96 is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 06:58 PM
  #1170  
TLRacing
 
Todd Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,679
Default

Originally Posted by WIGMAN View Post
Todd how come your not racing....you would be killin them in 1/8th scale
Unfortunately these days the family and the office takes priority over racing. I was happy to be there for the first part of the ROAR Nats. Going to an event like this and racing sure fuels my passion for R/C.
Todd Hodge is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.