Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, please post a chart or parts listing to upgrade. particularly suspension pieces. Does the new chassis retain the same screw hole locations? Can I keep using my old chassis and still mount the new battery tray system?
Old 07-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I absolutely love my SCT, I can't wait for this truck to come out and compare the two.

I am curious why its only offered in a RM configuration?
Old 07-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme
Yeah, please post a chart or parts listing to upgrade. particularly suspension pieces. Does the new chassis retain the same screw hole locations? Can I keep using my old chassis and still mount the new battery tray system?
You will need the updated chassis to fully take advantage of the new battery mounting system. The new chassis also allows for lower electronics and is lighter. As far as a parts list for the suspension components, its every plastic suspension part except the rear tower.

Originally Posted by Laker67
I absolutely love my SCT, I can't wait for this truck to come out and compare the two.

We have found that the vast majority use an SC in RM config today and it make it so that vast majority don't have to spend an extra $35 on the kit. Those that want to play with mid motor can buy the conversion kit for that same $35.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

with revised body mounts it appears, will our current body hole patterns line right up and drop right on??

also, why still using the wider rear alum hex on back of truck instead of the narrow tlr2930 alum rear hex?

very nice that kit will include the TINI pin kit. I already have that kit on my current 22, nice pieces. also nice to see other alum upgrades come with kit.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hendershot706
with revised body mounts it appears, will our current body hole patterns line right up and drop right on??

also, why still using the wider rear alum hex on back of truck instead of the narrow tlr2930 alum rear hex?

very nice that kit will include the TINI pin kit. I already have that kit on my current 22, nice pieces. also nice to see other alum upgrades come with kit.
The body mounts themselves did not change, we just added the supports between them so your existing bodies should slide right on.

We tested a number of different hex widths and hubs and arms lengths and this is the hex width that was determined to work the best.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Truck looks great, just hope you can find a faster boat to ship it on.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:27 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mclogo
I know its a little early - but are the updated geometrie parts the same as the 2.0 front plus 22T arms/shaft?
A bit more than that. The rear hub has a narrower off-set, so this new rear arm is even wider than a truck arm but quite a bit. The front arm is also longer given the truck a near maximum track width front and rear. Plus new longer rear shock body/shafts and a taller front shock tower with buggy rear shock body/shaft give the 2.0 much more droop and suspension travel, really makes the truck easier to drive. The rear arm, front arm, rear hub, rear axle, rear CVA bone, rear shock shaft, rear shock body, body shell, bell cranks, 2.0 caster block, 2.0 bell cranks spindle, and longer turnbuckles (for the wider arms) are all updates to suspension geometry/handling.

Originally Posted by joncmack
Frank, does it still use the same rear arms and axles or were they changed to reflect how you have your truck?

If not, I basically have built this truck previously using all the 2.0 parts and the Exotek ver. 2 steering bellcrank and can attest that the changes do make the truck handle better.
It is what I posted in the setup, plus a few changes that we couldn't get to with existing parts (for which I had prototypes made for testing). Some concepts though, just a bit further and more improved.

Originally Posted by hacker07
The front spindles and carriers are the updated 2.0 parts but the spindles are the ones made for the bellcranks. The arm is new.

The rear arm and hub are new and I think the axle is a slightly different length but Frank may have to chime in there. (he is getting on a plane so I figured I would answer what I can).

Just overall, this truck is VERY good. Almost every suspension part is updated on it, the truck is wider front and rear, the shocks are new lengths so the truck lands better, and on and on...
Yes, truck is better

New axle and CVA bone length to accommodate the new rear arm length and hub/hex/wheel offset

Thanks for the help today Ryan

full setup except i was running gear diff, just switched to ball diff. will try shorty again.
Could have been the gear diff. I have never liked one in my car or truck on grip conditions less than carpet/astro/sugar.

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme
New chassis locations in the rear are the same, the front holes moved just a little (basically to line up with the new rear mount to even pad widths. BUT... we made some trick updates to the chassis. The center foam battery pad is now not installed, and the channel is deeps and runs from the rear ESC pocket to the front of the truck to run your ESC to RX wire under the pack. We've also milled out a huge pocket under the servo, and under the rear ESC mounting area which dropped 12-15g per chassis. It also has the holes added in the chassis for the 2.0 battery mount (front) and the M2 screw in the anti-squat pivot (for MM runners).

Originally Posted by Laker67

Cost - Street price is $35 lower without the parts included. Some will use them, many will not, and now we've been able to all a TON of option parts, and upgrades like machined shock parts, grooved slipper plates and an aluminum idler all at a lower street price.

The new front shock tower also has a new body mount. There is a new "inside hole" on the front shock tower, and the tower is taller by a bit. Between these two changes, the old body mount couldn't fit, so we made a new one. I believe the holes still line up, bit I am not 100%.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default gearing difference 17.5

Hello guys, i have a 22 2.0 and 22sct and was wondering about the gearing differences i beleive both have the same transmission rations, but I am reading that the buggy should be a 30/70 gearing setup. The SCT however is a higher spur combo i think its 76 or 80 tooth. why the large difference, is it because of the weight differences
Old 07-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nisstyre
Hello guys, i have a 22 2.0 and 22sct and was wondering about the gearing differences i beleive both have the same transmission rations, but I am reading that the buggy should be a 30/70 gearing setup. The SCT however is a higher spur combo i think its 76 or 80 tooth. why the large difference, is it because of the weight differences
The size of the tires play a huge difference in gearing a buggy compared to a SCT
Old 07-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would imagine it comes with an aluminum top shaft and the schelle slipper will fit being a 2.0? Don't think I've seen it anywhere, has there been any work done to the tranny on the MM kit? I'm assuming that most aftermarket parts will fit except the MIP pucks?!?!
Old 07-11-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ok so when does everyone think i can actaully order the SCT22 2.0? I am selling my sc10.2 at the monent and want to know how long i have to run my buggy for before i can run SCT again.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridered4life250
ok so when does everyone think i can actaully order the SCT22 2.0? I am selling my sc10.2 at the monent and want to know how long i have to run my buggy for before i can run SCT again.
I have heard later this year like November, we'll see how this one works out
Old 07-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ridered4life250
You can already place an order for the truck now. It is not available to ship until the middle of November.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

When are you guys going to an intro video and compare the two trucks like you have your other 2.0 cars?
Old 07-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys what do you think..... Dynamite platinum vs hobbywing just stock?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.