Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 05-23-2014, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
How long does TLR plan on supporting the original truck? I only just started racing SCT and I didn't plan on upgrading any time soon.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:53 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml View Post
How long does TLR plan on supporting the original truck? I only just started racing SCT and I didn't plan on upgrading any time soon.
For at least 2 years, possibly longer.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 196 (100%+)

lots of talk at the track today about people already running the new bell crank steering in the 22 sct's, if so where are they available at, as I am waiting till the projected date of august and having issues with that slider rack again
Old 05-26-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys tried searching this Q but with no luck.

Just tried fitting my new TLR alloy hexes but won't do up tight and grab the axles front or rear, anyone else had this prob?

Dont really want to mod them as genuine tuning part should just fit straight up?

Any help appreciated, cheers!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:50 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad View Post
lots of talk at the track today about people already running the new bell crank steering in the 22 sct's, if so where are they available at, as I am waiting till the projected date of august and having issues with that slider rack again
I know for sure that there are only about 6 prototypes out these, so I don't think this is the case. We are doing all we can to get these out ASAP, but we are looking at August.

Originally Posted by klh mx10 View Post

Just tried fitting my new TLR alloy hexes but won't do up tight and grab the axles front or rear, anyone else had this prob?

Dont really want to mod them as genuine tuning part should just fit straight up?

We haven't seen or heard of this issue at all. Maybe you just need to tighten the screw a little more?
Old 05-27-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad View Post
Maybe they're talking about the new Exotek version 2? I have one in my SCT and one in my buggy and couldn't be happier so far. I have just gotten lucky in obtaining them because usually as soon as I order, they show out of stock again.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klh mx10 View Post

I did need to tighten the screws that clamp down the hex quite a bit and it took some strength, but they did finally clamp down on the axle. I think we're just not used to wrenching that hard with all the plastic.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 196 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joncmack View Post
Maybe they're talking about the new Exotek version 2? I have one in my SCT and one in my buggy and couldn't be happier so far. I have just gotten lucky in obtaining them because usually as soon as I order, they show out of stock again.
wished it was about them, but it was about the losi steering stuff, I have the exotech racks in my 22sct's and was hoping that the losi stuff was out already, just don't think I can wait till august to buy them, lots of racing to be done in june and july
Old 05-28-2014, 05:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Here is a valid question, Frank if ya can't answer PM me the info for someone I can contact that can please.

I really like the 22 SCT, I love all the support the guys give us on here. My problem is how am i suppose to talk my friends into buying a Losi or giving the Losi a shot when they can't buy a kit to build? The Sc10.2 has not been out long, Kyosho just came with the SC6, Schumacher is rumored to be building one, key evidence to that is Carson running one at the Cactus. Now Serpeant has announced they are building one.
Frank you say TLR will support it for at least 2 years and that Losi is not done with SC class but as a loyal TLR/Losi guy for the last 20 years where do I go from here? The SC class is the biggest class every race day where I race in the winter, I just want to know how to promote my favorite product when you can't buy it, I understand the whole liquidate inventory before the new model comes out concept but you guys keep repeating there is nothing on the way.
Very concerned here that TLR is missing the boat on this one.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Wigman the simple answer to that is win. Sounds stupid but look how many people still had the xx4 and drove that or found a way to get parts for them.

I understand what your saying but to be honest the 22SCT is a pretty damn good car and it almost feels like everyone else is kinda just catching up.

I run mine MM, basically the setup on Tlracing.com for MM created by Wheeler with the only change being front spring to a stiffer spring "orange K" and rear pink LF and this truck is crazy good. Look at Cactus when you had those guys running there new cars, the ryans took one and two but only buy hair to TLR's Chris Wheeler who isn't a full factory driver and gave them a serious run for there money and beat out all the other cars as well from Kyosho to Serpent with there full factory drivers driving them.

As far as selling more kits and stuff, people choose the car that wins or the motor that wins and while some will jump to the newest and greatest there still will be people who see how good it is and stay or find a way to get one and then buy parts from horizon.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:31 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by WIGMAN View Post
Here is a valid question, Frank if ya can't answer PM me the info for someone I can contact that can please.

I really like the 22 SCT, I love all the support the guys give us on here. My problem is how am i suppose to talk my friends into buying a Losi or giving the Losi a shot when they can't buy a kit to build? The Sc10.2 has not been out long, Kyosho just came with the SC6, Schumacher is rumored to be building one, key evidence to that is Carson running one at the Cactus. Now Serpeant has announced they are building one.
Frank you say TLR will support it for at least 2 years and that Losi is not done with SC class but as a loyal TLR/Losi guy for the last 20 years where do I go from here? The SC class is the biggest class every race day where I race in the winter, I just want to know how to promote my favorite product when you can't buy it, I understand the whole liquidate inventory before the new model comes out concept but you guys keep repeating there is nothing on the way.
Very concerned here that TLR is missing the boat on this one.
The 22SCT is out of stock and will not be returning.

We are not done making 2wd short course trucks.

There will not be a replacement immediately.

**Time to read between the lines**
Old 05-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIGMAN View Post
I just want to know how to promote my favorite product when you can't buy it, I understand the whole liquidate inventory before the new model comes out concept but you guys keep repeating there is nothing on the way.
I think the key word is nothing is immediately on the way.

I'm putting my very nice 22SCT up for sale tonight or tomorrow if interested, it has Root's setup on it (22T and 2.0 parts on it along with a bunch of spares) and runs very well. Unfortunately, our outdoor season brings indoor to a grinding halt, and nobody really runs 2W SCT outdoor around here, so I don't have much use for it for a while. I suspect the ForSale section will be a good source of the trucks until the next generation trucks are out. Rather than being depressed about a gap in new/out of the box trucks, I'm excited to look forward to a new product!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Frank you crack me up every time you repost this.........reminds me of a political figure when they talk alot but really say nothing about what is coming......LMAO

Kevin I hear you man, I love my TLR stuff but when you have friends wanting to get back in the hobby I have to tell them to buy a used truck. It doesn't go over well.

Oh well, My 22 series cars/trucks are awesome, wouldn't trade them for anything.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

____________________________________________(line)

I have email from February 2014, from one of the big online vendors, stating they were out of stock of 22SCT kits and would not be re-stocking because they were waiting on the release of the 22SCT 2.0. "They are being tight lipped" when I asked about a possible release date.

TLR wasn't going to hang their distributors and the retailers out to dry by announcing a new/updated SCT until current inventory was sold. Now that existing stock is about sold out lets get on with the announcement.

____________________________________________(line)
Old 05-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

This truck was plagued to begin with. Very high priced two sets of wheels but different colors. Rear plus mid motor parts in the same pricey kit. The truck is just too heavy for stock class. I have hundreds in making this a great modSC truck and with F/R mods I notice an improvement. Losi was my first truck ever, and no, they are not going to just skip away from this by screwing everybody that bought there product. Give us a 22.20 repair package for shocks, steering, ball diff. Gee, and everything else.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.