Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 04-18-2014, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PYRO689 View Post
Hello all,
Replacing my sons gear diff with a ball diff. I have never ran a ball diff in a truck before, I do have some experience with them in buggys. Question is is there any difference setting up a ball diff for a truck vs a buggy? Did a quick search and I read about setting the slipper that you do not want to hold the rears and pop the throttle as they are to heavy? If this is the case how are you all setting the slipper also.
Anyway appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance
Ken
Back with my very first ball diff, I damaged it using the hold rear wheel pop front wheel method.

These days I do slipper adjustment as seen at 7:30 (if you don't want to watch the whole thing) of the video,
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7can6WjRw
Old 04-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just built my front shocks per caspers MM set up.I put 0 limiters inside or outside as he calls for 0 limiters.The problem is when I put the springs on they are pretty loose unless I run the spring collars all the way down.I am using black truck springs TLR5184.My question to Casper is do you run any limiters on the inside of the shock as the manuel calls for.I am using aluminum avid 12mm shock cups to hold the bottom of spring at eyelet.They say they fit TLR 22 but are 1.5mm shorter than stock.Thanks

Last edited by RobertoLoco; 04-20-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobertoLoco View Post
I just built my front shocks per caspers MM set up.I put 0 limiters inside or outside as he calls for 0 limiters.The problem is when I put the springs on they are pretty loose unless I run the spring collars all the way down.I am using black truck springs TLR5184.My question to Casper is do you run any limiters on the inside of the shock as the manuel calls for.I am using aluminum avid 12mm shock cups to hold the bottom of spring at eyelet.They say they fit TLR 22 but are 1.5mm shorter than stock.Thanks
The spring gap is fine. We have run lots of ST and SCT setups this way. don't worry about the spring gap just make sure your ride hieght is set properly.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok, so is there a new 22sct coming out? first tlr and everyone else lowered the price of the race kit now nobody has the race kit in stock???
Old 04-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goldfish View Post
ok, so is there a new 22sct coming out? first tlr and everyone else lowered the price of the race kit now nobody has the race kit in stock???
To quote Frank Root "Don't count on it"
Old 04-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WIGMAN View Post
To quote Frank Root "Don't count on it"
Yeah I read that post. I just don't understand why the kits not available anymore.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goldfish View Post
Yeah I read that post. I just don't understand why the kits not available anymore.
Very good question, I just talked with my LHS and he says his Horizon Order site does not even show an ETA for them.
Hopefully there is a 2.0 on the way but the site also does not show them as discontinued either.

Frank????
Old 04-22-2014, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Very good question, I just talked with my LHS and he says his Horizon Order site does not even show an ETA for them.
Hopefully there is a 2.0 on the way but the site also does not show them as discontinued either.

Frank????
you're going to get the company line from Frank as he is not allowed to say anything until release IF there is something in the works. there is usually word of mouth things said locally to indicate something. I have not heard anything about a 2.0. but you never know.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:37 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Frank????
The 22SCT is out of stock and will not be returning.

We are not done making 2wd short course trucks.

There will not be a replacement soon.

**Time to read between the lines**
Old 04-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thats just wrong Frank hahahaha
Old 04-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
The 22SCT is out of stock and will not be returning.

We are not done making 2wd short course trucks.

There will not be a replacement soon.

**Time to read between the lines**
The next company (TLR, Serpent, Kyosho or TeknoRC) that makes a 2wd sct with a gear diff for competitive off road racing will take my money.

I know of at least one other company testing gear diffs. Most competitive onroad cars have already transitioned from ball to gear diffs its time for off-road RCs to do the same.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT View Post
The next company (TLR, Serpent, Kyosho or TeknoRC) that makes a 2wd sct with a gear diff for competitive off road racing will take my money.
I know of at least one other company testing gear diffs. Most competitive onroad cars have already transitioned from ball to gear diffs its time for off-road RCs to do the same.
The RTC came with the gear diff. What I'd really like to see is a gear diff that will not throw out all the diff fluid in a race or two.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If they are going to come out with a 2.0 truck, why not just say that. If the 22SCT is out of stock now, then they do not have to worry about sales of the old truck. You would think they would want to give people something to look forward to, not a reason to get upset. I am at a lost as to why r/c companies always feel the need to keep consumers in the dark as to what they are working on.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

A month ago when I bought this truck there was no update happening in the foreseeable future, so it kind of annoys me to find out that really wasn't true only a few weeks later. I was warned that Losi have a bit of a knack for this and that I should have avoided this truck....kinda wish I'd listened. Seeing as updating the 1.0 will probably cost close to the price of a new kit, I'll most likely sell this truck and get the serpent or sc6.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC View Post
If they are going to come out with a 2.0 truck, why not just say that. If the 22SCT is out of stock now, then they do not have to worry about sales of the old truck. You would think they would want to give people something to look forward to, not a reason to get upset. I am at a lost as to why r/c companies always feel the need to keep consumers in the dark as to what they are working on.
Originally Posted by LaserPimp View Post
A month ago when I bought this truck there was no update happening in the foreseeable future, so it kind of annoys me to find out that really wasn't true only a few weeks later. I was warned that Losi have a bit of a knack for this and that I should have avoided this truck....kinda wish I'd listened. Seeing as updating the 1.0 will probably cost close to the price of a new kit, I'll most likely sell this truck and get the serpent or sc6.

On A National race scene I only know one Team Driver who races the 22SCT, Dustin Evans. I do not see anyone other than some of the local guys race this truck. When was the last time anyone saw a under the hood shot of his 22SCT?

Same goes for the 22T. Its been a while since any of the team guys have raced it. As soon as you see guys start racing these cars then you will have an idea of when its coming.

My 2 cents FWIW.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.