Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 08-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

my appoligies on calling out the wrong paint scheme. But it looks like there is aclear rear spoiler on that body. I can see what looks like the outline of one and 3 screwheads? am I correct or just seeing things?
Old 08-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any idea if any of the team guys will be running the truck at the Short Course Showdown in Texas the year. Would love to see what y'all are doing with the truck in person.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RShockley View Post
Any idea if any of the team guys will be running the truck at the Short Course Showdown in Texas the year. Would love to see what y'all are doing with the truck in person.
+1
Dustin Evans came out last year. He's a real nice guy. It would be great to have the TLR family back out.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
my appoligies on calling out the wrong paint scheme. But it looks like there is aclear rear spoiler on that body. I can see what looks like the outline of one and 3 screwheads? am I correct or just seeing things?
You are correct. I saw that in person.

Looks like spoilers are coming in on SC. Jorn from Durango ran one and won the Hot Rod hObbies shootout in 4x4 SC. AS long as its not a ROAR race you can run them. I wouldn't though.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post

Looks like spoilers are coming in on SC. Jorn from Durango ran one and won the Hot Rod hObbies shootout in 4x4 SC. AS long as its not a ROAR race you can run them. I wouldn't though.
As long as you don't run a ROAR race, you're ok. Unless you're planning on running one in the near future, and need to work on your setup, I don't see the harm.

Speaking of races, Turk you coming up to the IGC at CRC Raceway?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post

To clarify some here, that was on the back of my 4wd body and was removed since. We ran it at the shootout as jorn had one and the high speed tracks, it can make a mild difference. It was not ever run on the 22sct.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
As long as you don't run a ROAR race, you're ok. Unless you're planning on running one in the near future, and need to work on your setup, I don't see the harm.

Speaking of races, Turk you coming up to the IGC at CRC Raceway?
Definitely. Already took off the surrounding Friday and Monday. Hopefully it's my last race with the XXX SCT.

Hope to be up at CRC this Thursday night as well for club racing.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
To clarify some here, that was on the back of my 4wd body and was removed since. We ran it at the shootout as jorn had one and the high speed tracks, it can make a mild difference. It was not ever run on the 22sct.
Was bummed about the rain. Really wanted to see those A Mains. You guys were absolutely flying!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmiket View Post
How thick are the hexes? Maybe I can mill them thinner???
You're best bet is to just run the 3mm offsets and replace them as needed. I know you are looking at milling the hexes, and are asking why they aren't standardized.

Valid thoughts, but the reality is that 0 offset is more 'standard' then 3mm offset.

Consider that all your tires are used. Unless you travel to a BUNCH of tracks, by now you may have found that you probably only need 3 or 4 sets of tires. You can sell yours for a discount, and then buy some used for a discount and break even. Or you can sell your tires and upgrade to new and be hooked up right off the bat. Nothing like fresh rubber...
Old 08-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
You're best bet is to just run the 3mm offsets and replace them as needed. I know you are looking at milling the hexes, and are asking why they aren't standardized.

Valid thoughts, but the reality is that 0 offset is more 'standard' then 3mm offset.

Consider that all your tires are used. Unless you travel to a BUNCH of tracks, by now you may have found that you probably only need 3 or 4 sets of tires. You can sell yours for a discount, and then buy some used for a discount and break even. Or you can sell your tires and upgrade to new and be hooked up right off the bat. Nothing like fresh rubber...
+1
Old 08-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks for the help with the wheels. Time to get the acetone out!!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default 22SCT TQ at Short Course Showdown!

Alex Sturgeon TQ's the Omaha Short Course Showdown with the 22SCT.

Video of the TQ run and Alex's comments on setup and tuning follows!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLpiIH4RcuU
Old 08-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Which truck is it?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi b View Post
+1
Dustin Evans came out last year. He's a real nice guy. It would be great to have the TLR family back out.
Pretty much all the TLR guys are a class act, had a chance one time or another to meet quite a few of them. They are fast too!
Old 08-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigART71 View Post
Which truck is it?
Red front, white middle, blue back. The one that the video focuses on. It won and got TQ......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.