Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 08-05-2012, 02:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post

It was actually developed on a low grip, loose, outdoor track and worked very well. The kit setup is actually based on our testing there. If the track is larger and higher speed, that sway bars might be an added bonus as well.
thank you.
the reason I asked on what surface this truck was tested, is because the 22 buggy is very hard to drive on low grip surface, when on high bite clay the 22 buggy is very hard to beat, but when on low grip dirt, the 22 buggy has a lack of rear traction. Im hoping the 22SCT does not has that problem.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:51 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
looks like this driver has the sway bars that fit rear. the body on the ground in back ground looks like Chambers
The 22SCT is Ryan Dunford's and that is his body in the background. He is using pre-production sway bars.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panda-PR View Post
What motor are most of you planning on using? I have a mamba 3800kv that I dont use on the scte, will it work? Too much?
Originally Posted by goehm View Post
That's a heck of a motor. It's a 4 pole non-sensored, and while it has a ton of torque, runs cool, and long - I think it's too much for a 2WD SCT. It's really a 4WD motor.

You can always tune it down with your ESC, but probably not the best motor choice.
My friend Rory runs the castle 3800kv/sidewinder in his XXX-sct and even though a lot of people give him a hard time about it, he's still one of the fastest true sportsman drivers at both WCRC and OCRC in Pro2. I do think he has it turned down a bit so it doesn't hit so hard on the bottom and might have the EPA turned down a little. I've driven his truck several times and honestly, that system even in his 2wd is smoother than most non-sensored systems out there. It's still not as smooth as a sensored, but if you're on a budget and already have one, it's not a bad place to start just to get you on the road.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Does anybody know the offset of the 22sct wheels? I am thinking about getting this truck, and need to know if my AE +3mm wheels will work. I would hate to buy more tires.
Why didn't they standardise these like 1/8th buggy wheels?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmiket View Post
Does anybody know the offset of the 22sct wheels? I am thinking about getting this truck, and need to know if my AE +3mm wheels will work. I would hate to buy more tires.
Try reading the first post and you would see that they are 0 offset wheels....same as the SCTE.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

You could buy an extra set of hex adapters and machine them to a thickness to get you below the 296mm max width. I did this when I switched to xxx-sct from the sc-10 because I liked the look of the Hazzard wheel. I'm not sure about the 22sct wheels, they look pretty good.

It is a RC car, get creative.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Ok, Wigman, not having an scte makes it a little hard to measure the offset. 0 offset means nothing to me. I need to know the measurement from the rear of the hub face to the back of the wheel bead. What I am asking is if my +3 mm wheels will work on the 22sct to keep it legal, but not too narrow.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Your +3 wheels will make it too wide. Stock SC10 4x4 wheels will work.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Ok, Wigman, not having an scte makes it a little hard to measure the offset. 0 offset means nothing to me. I need to know the measurement from the rear of the hub face to the back of the wheel bead. What I am asking is if my +3 mm wheels will work on the 22sct to keep it legal, but not too narrow.
Your +3 means they have a positive 3mm off set, SCTE wheels have a 0 offset which means they have no offset.
Your wheels will fit but will not be "ROAR" legal and may not fit under your body.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Believe that the Losi guys said was that the truck was designed to be ROAR legal with very little wiggle room to add more width and stay legal (ie: to account for toe, camber and some rear hex tuning options). I think someone asked specifically about the +3mm wheels and found that it would be too wide.

So - based on everything so far - no go for the +3mm.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
My friend Rory runs the castle 3800kv/sidewinder in his XXX-sct and even though a lot of people give him a hard time about it, he's still one of the fastest true sportsman drivers at both WCRC and OCRC in Pro2. I do think he has it turned down a bit so it doesn't hit so hard on the bottom and might have the EPA turned down a little. I've driven his truck several times and honestly, that system even in his 2wd is smoother than most non-sensored systems out there. It's still not as smooth as a sensored, but if you're on a budget and already have one, it's not a bad place to start just to get you on the road.
lol, i run 17.5 at my local club race, and i am going to pick another XXX-SCT in a while (waiting for the McGrath & Twitch bodies to be released this month!) i have the sidewinder sct system in my slash 4x4. i never drive it anymore, so i am planning on pulling it out, and putting it into a XXX-SCT to have a basher/modified truck to have along with the 17.5 truck.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

How thick are the hexes? Maybe I can mill them thinner???
Old 08-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Read the rest of the thread the hex thicknesses were already listed
Old 08-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
(waiting for the McGrath & Twitch bodies to be released this month!)

Link? I need a new body for my XXX-SCT anyway!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:33 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
looks like this driver has the sway bars that fit rear. the body on the ground in back ground looks like Chambers
Chambers body is primariy yellow and black, quite a bit different from Ryan's.

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Believe that the Losi guys said was that the truck was designed to be ROAR legal with very little wiggle room to add more width and stay legal (ie: to account for toe, camber and some rear hex tuning options). I think someone asked specifically about the +3mm wheels and found that it would be too wide.

So - based on everything so far - no go for the +3mm.
Correct, +3mm wheels will be too wide - confirmed.

How thick are the hexes? Maybe I can mill them thinner???
You cannot in the front at least. The wheel will not have enough clearance and will interefere with the suspension.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.