Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 11-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
For stock absolutely. For Mod can depend on your setup and racing conditions.
as in stock 17.5 blinky??? Running a RTC truck in that class looking for weight loss solutions. Switching to a shorty pack sound good? currently running a trinity rev tek 5500 mah standard.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

You are going to rebuild with 2.0 shock parts right. You will be amazed at the difference! Make sure you do the bushings and the x-rings.
I have the X-rings to go in the shocks, and was kicking around the idea of getting the new shock shafts and bushings. I'm sure my OCD will kick in and I'll have to do them too. I keep thinking that I'm going to put the new 2.0 spindles and caster blocks on but the trucks runs so good right now I don't know if it would be worth it?
Old 11-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Getting a 22sct and was wondering which 2.0 upgrades to get?
Do they make shocks shafts like the 2.0 for the 22sct ?
Old 11-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yodace View Post
Yes. Here are the parts to upgrade sct shocks

TLR233001 TiCN Front Shock Shaft
TLR233004 TiCN Rear Shock Shaft
TLR233005 X-Ring Shock Seal Set
TLR233006 Machined Shock Bushing Set

There's nothing wrong with it out of the box. The steering rack will probably get real sloppy over time.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Caleb - Shock shafts are avail for the truck. I haven't used the 2.0 parts on my SCT yet. Driving the buggies, I couldn't feel a whole lot of difference between 1.0 and 2.0 geometry. The biggest difference is just how smooth the 2.0 shocks are. I have the 2.0 parts, but I won't use them until I have a need. (something breaks or wears out)

For what it's worth...I'm running the alum. front bulkhead with 25 degree plastic kick shim, and 5 degree 1.0 caster blocks. The stock 30/10 setup is just too much, I think. 30/10 would be for a loose/low bite/rough track which is not what we're running on.

I'd say the only thing you may want to get is the alum ft bulkhead and the 5 degree casters. They're the only extra bits I purchased to run my current setup.

If you come to the track Sat. you're more than welcome to take it for a test drive.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

cool I will prob get the shocks and the alum piece u said to get. It's mainly going to be my sons truck when he wants to race..

U have part number for the casters?
Old 11-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

You may be able to get away with just getting the shock seals and bushings, and waiting on the shafts til the OEM wear out. Just be aware that the four little plastic 2.0 bushings are $14!!!

Definitely get the front bulkhead and 5 degree casters though.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I would try going lighter on the rear spring first. You can try lowering the entire rear camber link as well and see if that helps.
Hm, interesting. I tried white springs in the rear a while back, and the car kept washing out. I think it was you who advised me to move back up to the yellow. The rear was basically collapsing in turns, so the tires were never digging into the clay for traction. But I can definitely try it again. If that fails, I'll lower the camber links as you suggest. Thanks!
Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Gear diff advice!

I'm attempting to put together my newly purchased TLR 22SCT and having problems. I thought this was a popular truck, and can't seem to find any info, or parts for it?? I'm wanting to put a GEAR diff in it instead of the Ball diff that came with it, and can't find any info. Any help is highly appreciated, Thanks, Ron
Old 11-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RossNZ View Post
I run on a very loose surface and had this same problem, the front would "hook" the rear around, we have a lot of off camber corners and it was very hard to get power down at the rear, we can't run sway bars due to our rules, so I have just found going very stiff in the front, and a tight ball diff is working for me, I run a Tekin gen2 10.5 motor and Gen2 esc, still playing with power settings as there's plenty of power on tap.

Does raising the diff the 1mm affect side bite??

I'd like to hear any ideas for rear side bite, done heaps of reading and finding different setup advice says opposite things and you can get lost very fast!

Any advice and tips for running on very loose tracks?

Cheers.
Anybody?
Old 11-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blckgnx View Post
I'm attempting to put together my newly purchased TLR 22SCT and having problems. I thought this was a popular truck, and can't seem to find any info, or parts for it?? I'm wanting to put a GEAR diff in it instead of the Ball diff that came with it, and can't find any info. Any help is highly appreciated, Thanks, Ron
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FW_NOgodPCcACg
Old 11-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Anybody?
for low bite, you could try adjusting the anti-squat a little.
what tires & compounds are you running?

Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
Hm, interesting. I tried white springs in the rear a while back, and the car kept washing out. I think it was you who advised me to move back up to the yellow. The rear was basically collapsing in turns, so the tires were never digging into the clay for traction. But I can definitely try it again. If that fails, I'll lower the camber links as you suggest. Thanks!
I tried the Buggy White rear springs a while ago, my truck plowed the front end a bite more then I would like. I would try going to the inside on the arm with yellow. as I remember, caspers setup was outside front and back on the arms.

Originally Posted by hendershot706 View Post
as in stock 17.5 blinky??? Running a RTC truck in that class looking for weight loss solutions. Switching to a shorty pack sound good? currently running a trinity rev tek 5500 mah standard.
shorty pack is the easiest way to reduce weight, good for stock class. I don't know if its the how ticket for all tracks though. i would try a relatively low cost (china) shorty before you put $90-$100 in a shorty pack. just so you get a feel and understand the handling characteristic change of the shorty.
I currently have a Gforce 4600 45c, $29 at valuehobby, and $6 shipping (for 3 batteries) and it was at my door in 3 days.

Last edited by AndrewTom; 11-11-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: shipping
Old 11-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

parts
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...rts-Losi-22SCT
Old 11-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Suspended

Check the first page of this thread. Literally every available part is listed there.

Anybody?
Losing traction in off camber corners is normal, and it's only exaggerated by running on a low traction surface. There's no instant fix other than to be easier on the throttle. Raising the transmission to increase traction is something that has been done with mixed results since the 22 first came out, but like anything or any set up change it's something you have to try and see if it works for you as your results may differ.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

All the info you need is listed on the first page of this thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.