Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 10-31-2013, 05:04 AM
  #8461  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (77)
 
mbtoolmaker35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Louisville ky
Posts: 684
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by haagar View Post
First night with the truck in mid-motor. Got to the track late and barely got any practice.

First round the truck was a pile of garbage. They had watered the track a lot more than normal so I made a couple changes and changed tires.

Second round was a ton better. Turned out the main issue was the tires so some of the other changes I made actually hurt it. Ended up qualifying third.

Main was even better after undoing some of my round 1 > round 2 changes, but it was kind of a rough race and I ended up fourth.

Looking at Casper's setup I am actually pretty close to it. One step lighter on all the springs and I don't love the way the truck feels with sway bars so my roll centers are a little higher. I ended up putting 42 grams on top of the battery in front of the motor and that really settled the truck down.

Looks like the truck will be staying mid-motor and I will be ordering a couple of brass anti-squat blocks.


Awesome sounds like you did well with the truck for first night out.
mbtoolmaker35 is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 06:29 AM
  #8462  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (37)
 
Gas Rat Racin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Casper have you tried the low frequency springs on your mm setup? How will they change the handling of the car?
Gas Rat Racin is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 07:35 AM
  #8463  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin View Post
Casper have you tried the low frequency springs on your mm setup? How will they change the handling of the car?
I was thinking about that but have not done it yet. I don't see it as a negative. I would start with a LF white to start.
Casper is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 09:39 AM
  #8464  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,780
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I was thinking about that but have not done it yet. I don't see it as a negative. I would start with a LF white to start.
I've been running LF on RM and been liking them. I have a Yellow on with 27.5wt and 1.6 pistons.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 09:39 AM
  #8465  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arab, Al
Posts: 64
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know why the big price drop on the 22 sct kit? I am ready to buy, just wondering if I should wait since the price is coming down. Not complaining about lower price, just wondering if there is something new coming out?
us4phil is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 11:08 AM
  #8466  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (19)
 
WIGMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Soo, Michigan
Posts: 984
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by us4phil View Post
Anyone know why the big price drop on the 22 sct kit? I am ready to buy, just wondering if I should wait since the price is coming down. Not complaining about lower price, just wondering if there is something new coming out?
The way I see it there is one of three possibilities here.

1. Horizon feels sorry for us and decided to slash the price.( Yeah.... not happening)

2. The TLR 22SCT is being discontinued and they are liquidating their stock. (since SC is one of if not the most popular class right now I doubt this is it)

3. The TLR 22SCT 2.0 will be out before long.

I am thinking #3 but you never know.
WIGMAN is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 11:29 AM
  #8467  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
tipperjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: East Jordan, MI
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WIGMAN View Post
The way I see it there is one of three possibilities here.

1. Horizon feels sorry for us and decided to slash the price.( Yeah.... not happening)

2. The TLR 22SCT is being discontinued and they are liquidating their stock. (since SC is one of if not the most popular class right now I doubt this is it)

3. The TLR 22SCT 2.0 will be out before long.

I am thinking #3 but you never know.
Wigman.....you have wisdom beyond your years....LOL!
tipperjackson is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 12:30 PM
  #8468  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arab, Al
Posts: 64
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Well crap, I'm gonna go ahead and buy one now, more fun to upgrade anyway huh!
us4phil is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 02:10 PM
  #8469  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (36)
 
metalnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by us4phil View Post
Well crap, I'm gonna go ahead and buy one now, more fun to upgrade anyway huh!
Hold on... Mr. Stormer had a post a day or two ago that implied a big price drop. I think. If I were you, I'd hang on a few days, you may save a chunk of money.
metalnut is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 02:19 PM
  #8470  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer View Post
Check Stormer on Friday. You're gonna like what you see.
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
Hold on... Mr. Stormer had a post a day or two ago that implied a big price drop. I think. If I were you, I'd hang on a few days, you may save a chunk of money.
This
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 02:57 PM
  #8471  
Tech Master
iTrader: (91)
 
JourneyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,678
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...=ns&pn=TLR0024

$178.99

That is a HUGE price drop. 2.0..... ?
JourneyMan is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 02:58 PM
  #8472  
Tech Master
iTrader: (93)
 
DriveItLikeYSIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,337
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer View Post
Check Stormer on Friday. You're gonna like what you see.

Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
Hold on... Mr. Stormer had a post a day or two ago that implied a big price drop. I think. If I were you, I'd hang on a few days, you may save a chunk of money.
No need to wait til Friday..The price drop madness continues..22 sct for $179 from Stormer

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...=ns&pn=TLR0024
DriveItLikeYSIT is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 03:03 PM
  #8473  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT View Post
No need to wait til Friday..The price drop madness continues..22 sct for $179 from Stormer

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...=ns&pn=TLR0024
wtf i been burned
shadow76 is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:10 PM
  #8474  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
AndrewTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 1,429
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
I've been running LF on RM and been liking them. I have a Yellow on with 27.5wt and 1.6 pistons.
Frank, will we ever see a Low Frequency Truck Front Spring.
AndrewTom is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 07:02 PM
  #8475  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (124)
 
vr6cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 4,052
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by us4phil View Post
Well crap, I'm gonna go ahead and buy one now, more fun to upgrade anyway huh!
In my eyes, no its not fun to spend a few hundred(less or more depending) to upgrade to a 2.0 as the 22 buggy is this. Im just going wait to get the 22sct 2.0
vr6cj is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.