Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 10-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just curious...can someone explain why +.75mm or whatever hexes are used on the 22SCT (rear I think?) and on the 22 2.0 (front I think?) also? I guess they aren't build to roar max widths?
Old 10-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Spins well... I have full speed for a few minutes then slowly keeps dropping
Old 10-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerCasey View Post
Spins well... I have full speed for a few minutes then slowly keeps dropping
I was battling with hot motors when I first got this truck too. Took me a while to figure out what was wrong. Eventually I narrowed it down to the transmission not spinning freely, but no matter how loose I left the screws, it would bind. Turns out one of the inner bearings was bad! So... pull the motor away from the spur and spin the spur. It should continue to spin for a few seconds, butter smooth, with no binding. That would be my first guess. After that, as others have already said, check the rest of the drivetrain and gearing. I can run for 30 minutes straight and come off the track at 120 degrees, geared 25/78.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommygun1 View Post
Just curious...can someone explain why +.75mm or whatever hexes are used on the 22SCT (rear I think?) and on the 22 2.0 (front I think?) also? I guess they aren't build to roar max widths?
the wider hexes are a tuning option, and are only available for the rear to my knowledge.

all the hexes vary in thickness, from the T to the B to the SCT. and they are different front to rear.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RacerCasey View Post
Reedy Mach 2 17.5, tekin gen 1 17.5 and now a tekin gen 2 17.5... I cranked my tranny down and also crank my wheel nuts down but have always done so with no problems until a few races ago... I didn't have issues with the cvd's... I will take the tranny out and redo everything and make sure it's spinning free and also recheck my diff...
sometimes these need a little more attention, especially for 17.5 Blinky!
Old 10-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 222 (100%+)

Ok after my 1st race with my 22SCT, not a bad day. I was TQ for the A-main, found that keeper the blue springs on the front helped me rear end stay planted for most the day.
I was chasing trying to add steering and making the front end to soft.

Well here comes the mains and track started to dry out. Hard packed clay with a light dust and the truck was fighting for traction everywhere.

During the morning (damp clay) Clay Ions are the tire, Mid afternoon everyone changes to MC Subs as the track dries.
My 22 2.0 buggy was hooked up all day! 2nd place A-main and I only gave 1st place away in the last 3 laps.. Nerves. (guh)

Can someone make some recommendations with the truck that will help gain traction with out adding a bunch of weight or taking away steering. (we have a small tight track)
I am back to the stock set up with 7G above the tranny and the rear hubs all the way forward.

Here is a video SC main in case someone wants to see the track layout or clay condition.
Horriable driving after I was hacked in the corner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycGr...Vbe5_0hOao-8Iw

Last edited by Manatarms25; 10-06-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is anyone running a Viper VTX10R or Black Edition with this truck I want to know if the receiver wire is long enough to reach up front from the ESC deck? Also if anyone is running one is it smooth and how are the breaks? Thanks guys.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wreckya View Post
Is anyone running a Viper VTX10R or Black Edition with this truck I want to know if the receiver wire is long enough to reach up front from the ESC deck? Also if anyone is running one is it smooth and how are the breaks? Thanks guys.
mine is long enough. if you run caspers set up (1 CR pad back). you can move the RX back a little if its a little short.

Originally Posted by Manatarms25 View Post
Ok after my 1st race with my 22SCT, not a bad day. I was TQ for the A-main, found that keeper the blue springs on the front helped me rear end stay planted for most the day.

Well here comes the mains and track started to dry out. Hard packed clay with a light dust and the truck was fighting for traction everywhere.

During the morning (damp clay) Clay Ions are the tire, Mid afternoon everyone changes to MC Subs as the track dries.
My 22 2.0 buggy was hooked up all day! 2nd place A-main and I only last 1st place in the last 3 laps.. Nerves. (guh)

Can someone make some recommendations with the truck that will help gain traction with out adding a bunch of weight or taking away steering. (we have a small tight track)
I am back to the stock set up with 7G above the tranny and the rear hubs all the way forward.

Here is a video SC main in case someone wants to see the track layout or clay condition.
what set up in the car?
Caspers set up works really well for me.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
mine is long enough. if you run caspers set up (1 CR pad back). you can move the RX back a little if its a little short.

what set up in the car?
Caspers set up works really well for me.

Andrew, I am stock but moved rear hubs all the way forward and I have 7G on the tranny.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Andrew, I am stock but moved rear hubs all the way forward and I have 7G on the tranny.
in all honesty, you really should try this set up:
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/se..._OCRC20121224/

it does wonders to the kit, everywhere.

EDIT: there are a few changes to that set up, one of which I know is that on the rear hub is 3mm, not 2mm.
and I think casper is running the Low Frequency Yellow rear spring. But, the listed buggy yellow are fine.
off the top my head you'll want/need:
Associated (molded) or TLR (machined) 12mm piston sets, if you dont want to glue and drill the stock pistons.
Truck green front spring
Buggy yellow rear spring
CR battery foams

I recommend the new 22 2.0 buggy steering rack, takes away all the goofy bumpsteer the car has stock.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
in all honesty, you really should try this set up:
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/se..._OCRC20121224/

it does wonders to the kit, everywhere.

EDIT: there are a few changes to that set up, one of which I know is that on the rear hub is 3mm, not 2mm.
and I think casper is running the Low Frequency Yellow rear spring. But, the listed buggy yellow are fine.
off the top my head you'll want/need:
Associated (molded) or TLR (machined) 12mm piston sets, if you dont want to glue and drill the stock pistons.
Truck green front spring
Buggy yellow rear spring
CR battery foams

I recommend the new 22 2.0 buggy steering rack, takes away all the goofy bumpsteer the car has stock.
Andrew Thanks, I will try that set up and hope to get some track time before our trophy race on the 26th.
I do have the new 2.0 steering rack and the machined shock parts already. Just have not installed them.

I alot of set ups mention the CR battery foam. I am assuming its the foam block from the older CR model XXX's ? What is the length of that battery foam if a guy just was to order a avid one etc.
Thanks again! JJ
Old 10-07-2013, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The CR battery foam is close to two stock pads.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

My 22 2.0 buggy was hooked up all day! 2nd place A-main and I only gave 1st place away in the last 3 laps.. Nerves. (guh)

The truck looks pretty decent actually! You'll pick up a lot of time if you make the track smaller. IE: keep a nice tight line. It'll also keep other trucks from coming inside and taking the line/spinning you out.

Looks like that corner you actually turned in on the other truck.

As for tuning - where do you want to add traction (front .. rear?) and what is your current setup? Once my truck is how I like it, the biggest changes I do are springs and rear camber setting. I pretty much only use green and blue on the front and white yellow on the rear. More steering, green spring (less is blue). More rear traction, white (less is yellow).

If you don't have the truck close to where you want it, then as others have mentioned, Casper/Dunfords is great (see petitrc.com for that).
Old 10-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I ran the 2.0 parts (front and rear) on my SCT on Friday night. I really liked it. Ran with blue springs front, yellow (HF) rear. 30/27.5 on the oils and set the ride height to 28/24 (as suggested on here). I thought it was pretty dialed in. Could have used a little more steering, but I think I can make that happen by changing springs and possibly tires.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
The truck looks pretty decent actually! You'll pick up a lot of time if you make the track smaller. IE: keep a nice tight line. It'll also keep other trucks from coming inside and taking the line/spinning you out.

Looks like that corner you actually turned in on the other truck.

As for tuning - where do you want to add traction (front .. rear?) and what is your current setup? Once my truck is how I like it, the biggest changes I do are springs and rear camber setting. I pretty much only use green and blue on the front and white yellow on the rear. More steering, green spring (less is blue). More rear traction, white (less is yellow).

If you don't have the truck close to where you want it, then as others have mentioned, Casper/Dunfords is great (see petitrc.com for that).
Thank you for the advice, its rear traction I was fighting for. Steering was good all day as long as I held my line. (In the main I didn't) LOL

I have most of the parts for Casper/Dunsford set up so I will try setting the truck up with week and see if I can sneak a couple packs in around work this weekend. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.