Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 09-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I just want to try the 2.0 shock parts. Maybe then I can stop having to rebuild these TLR shocks so damn often, they bleed horribly otherwise.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you have your hobby shop order the shock parts, they are available. They do not show up in stock on the Horizon site as they did not reach the IL warehouse yet.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious View Post
I've never had any trouble out of either of my trucks diffs at all, what sort of issue were you having?
Thrust washers cracking and the diff having tight/loose spots. Mostly thrust issues though. Same as everybody...
Old 09-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian L View Post
Part #231013 for the new slider. I believe it shows it will not be in stock till around the 20th.

I am going to try some of the new 2.0 front end parts. I was told they will not make as much of a difference as the buggy cause of the offset of the wheel on the SC.

The set-up sheet I have for J.R. at Newred has 30/0 on it.
well, as I have learned time and time again, small changes can make a difference!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
Thrust washers cracking and the diff having tight/loose spots. Mostly thrust issues though. Same as everybody...
www.casper-rc.com Say good by to thrust bearing issues.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Casper.

Maybe you should explain that these aren't just someone else's thrust bearings and washers - they are dimensionally different.

Caspers thrust washers support the thrust bearing by a factor of 10x in terms of contact surface for the bearing itself. Thrust bearings take an immense amount of load. This system eliminates the issue many are having.

And they are cheap...
Old 09-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by celt View Post
Casper.

Maybe you should explain that these aren't just someone else's thrust bearings and washers - they are dimensionally different.

Caspers thrust washers support the thrust bearing by a factor of 10x in terms of contact surface for the bearing itself. Thrust bearings take an immense amount of load. This system eliminates the issue many are having.

And they are cheap...
The idea behind the bearings is not new but to get the bearing in this non standard size was the hard part. A grooved washer thrust bearing as celt explained cradels the ball and give additional surface contact to the ball which is great for both increase life and load capability. It reduces the chance of the ball "denting" the washer and also reduces the chances of the balls slipping on the thrust washers (although the thrust bearing does not see nearly the sheer load of the main balls). The grooves again support the ball better so you do not get that high point contact which can create high stress a conventional flat washer and create cracks that lead to washer failures. Flat ground washers are great for a starting point and you will eventually wear in a small groove as part of the break in process but you never get to the point of a pregrooved washer with a traditional setup.

Ceramic balls are very smooth and this gives a great diff feel right away as well as they are very hard and have great surface finish and with the improved wear of the grooved washers this thrust bearing has shown to last many diff rebuilds. Now the reason you need to service the diff is the main rings wear out and causing the cruchy feeling. Being the thrust bearing typically was the first part to go this now increases the time between diff builds meaning less maintance and now that the thrust bearing is reusable it reduces the overall cost of diff maintaince. Win/Win!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Fully agree, but we were talking about stock issues. Next time I take the diff out I'll be putting Casper thrust parts in, no doubt and probably the new outdrives with the new machined parts.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
Fully agree, but we were talking about stock issues. Next time I take the diff out I'll be putting Casper thrust parts in, no doubt and probably the new outdrives with the new machined parts.
To be clear - the outdrives are only new to the 22 and 22T. The 22SCT included the updated "2nd Op" outdrives. The only new part in the 22 2.0 diff that wasn't in the 22SCT box is the hardened thrust washers.

AND... Casper's thrust bearing is really good and it lasts and lasts. I've been running mine for months. No wear and tear that I can discern and have rebuilt it several times.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
To be clear - the outdrives are only new to the 22 and 22T. The 22SCT included the updated "2nd Op" outdrives. The only new part in the 22 2.0 diff that wasn't in the 22SCT box is the hardened thrust washers.

AND... Casper's thrust bearing is really good and it lasts and lasts. I've been running mine for months. No wear and tear that I can discern and have rebuilt it several times.
GREAT, then I'll save some money that way!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Anyone know who has a Rear sway kit in stock TLR334002?
Old 09-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Casper, I'm pretty happy with the setups I've come up with for my trucks...but I keep hearing rave reviews about the Dunford/Casper setup, thought I might give it a try. Is this the setup that is on petite rc?
Old 09-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Casper, I'm pretty happy with the setups I've come up with for my trucks...but I keep hearing rave reviews about the Dunford/Casper setup, thought I might give it a try. Is this the setup that is on petite rc?

Yes it it, I think Capser has mad a change in the rear going to 3MM washer instead of 2 MM and he has changed the shock oil also but that should be track dependent. I use a thicker oil cause I race outside in the heat.

Its a great set up and don't be afraid to use it and make changes for yourself.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Yes I have a link to all my setups at www.casper-rc.com as well. As Carranza76 has stated we have changed the rear camber link to 3mm on the outside and I have played with lighter rear shock oil (25wt) and LF yellow rear springs and this really gives the truck much improved foward bite but being summer you may need to adjust shock oil wieght for outside temps.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey casper or frank r.
are these new ticn shock shafts for the 22sct?
TLR233004
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR233004
TLR233001
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR233001

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.