Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 09-02-2013, 05:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up Run MC Clay ib front

Clay compound in front and super soft rear.
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
For our indoor clay track, I started modifying his setup too because I've had way too much steering. Going to the "medium" sway bar in the front helped a lot, as did adding one more 1mm spacer to the outside of the rear hubs (as Casper suggested). But, to smooth the truck out, I'm going to switch to Pressure Points in the front as one of the fast guys at my track suggested (running Bar Codes in the back). The rear of the truck still dives in sweepers a bit too much, so may try moving the shocks out on the tower.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 196 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
Just bought a used 22sct to play with. May race it once outdoors on a large 8th scale track. May then race it this winter on an indoor carpet off road track. May get it and not like it and decide to sell it............who knows.

I get the truck this coming Wednesday. Anything particular I should look for? Truck has about 5 race days on it. Has aluminum front hubs, aluminum rear link mount. I race for fun, no national champ hopes here. Bought because I got a good deal on it and I wanted to try it. Have ran the SC10.2, xxx-sct, Anza Slash and thought I should try this

On the outdoor track, green subcultures are a pretty "safe" tire to run. May not be the fastest, but will work regardless of if the track is dry, wet, dusty or grooved. Any good "standard" set ups that are pretty easy to drive. I don't like too much set up changes. I just like to show up and drive and have fun.

hey Casey

awesome choice for a truck, run Caspers set up with swaybars, last time out I was running some digits and trouble ran holeshots, over at loosenuts we ran barcodes and rebars and at the dome we will run holeshots, and if you plan on running it on carpet, go with a mid motor set up, trust me, also if you plan on selling it, text me, I will buy it
Old 09-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sapperc View Post
It's always good to come back and see where the discussion in this thread has gone.

The issues of roll, center, camber gain and weight transfer as they relate to side bite while turning is heady stuff. Tuning with camber links is advanced tuning that is confusing at best. No wonder that it's hotly debated among racers at all levels of experience every time it comes up.

Personally, I always gain a little insight from such exchanges. Trying to understand the complicated interactions of chassis geometry by tuning with camber links should continue until whoever asks a question whenever gets an answer he/she can finally understand and put to good use. I want to know what the TLR pros, experienced experts, and the rest of us are doing with their 22SCTs and why.

Really good insight on 2wd RC racers in general and the 22SCT in particular. Thanks to everyone who shares questions and knowledge from their personal experiences. That's why I browse here!
I also very much appreciated the question and answers to this topic....

Caspers responses were insanely professional, compassionate and informative.

+1
Old 09-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys,just made a change over from a sc10.2 to a 22sct,my main question is with the wheels,I still have a bunch of good tires and wheels for my sc10,mainly the jconcepts +3 wheels,I was wondering if there was any way maybe using certian hexes or spacers that I would be able to use these wheels on my losi
Old 09-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silvercrxsir View Post
Hey guys,just made a change over from a sc10.2 to a 22sct,my main question is with the wheels,I still have a bunch of good tires and wheels for my sc10,mainly the jconcepts +3 wheels,I was wondering if there was any way maybe using certian hexes or spacers that I would be able to use these wheels on my losi
I think you may be SOL on this one. Maybe you could find a different axle to use and a more narrow hex in the rear to accommodate the +3 rims. But I don't think there's anything you'll be able to do in the front.

I actually went the opposite way when I got the SC10.2 and was able to widen the axles and hexes to use the 0 offset losi rims as I continue to run. My SCTE and 22SCT alongside my SC10.2.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Has anyone ever mounted the speedo under the tray where the speedo mount is? Lower the center of gravity a little more?
Old 09-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbons2k View Post
Has anyone ever mounted the speedo under the tray where the speedo mount is? Lower the center of gravity a little more?
I have seen it done a few times.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I have seen it done a few times.
Advantages? disadvantages?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Advantages? disadvantages?
Advantage. Lower CG

Disavantage. Less cooling for ESC (may only be an issue with mod).
A little harder to route wires to motor
Less battery position options.

Just to name what came off the top of my head.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I think you may be SOL on this one. Maybe you could find a different axle to use and a more narrow hex in the rear to accommodate the +3 rims. But I don't think there's anything you'll be able to do in the front.

I actually went the opposite way when I got the SC10.2 and was able to widen the axles and hexes to use the 0 offset losi rims as I continue to run. My SCTE and 22SCT alongside my SC10.2.
So I'm guessing if I use regular sc10 wheels that aren't +3 then they should fit right up with no width problems
Old 09-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silvercrxsir View Post
So I'm guessing if I use regular sc10 wheels that aren't +3 then they should fit right up with no width problems
Yup. The regular SC10 wheels are 0 or very near 0 offset. The only issue you may encounter is the webbing on the inside of the wheel not clearing the hubs/steering assemblies - especially on the SCTE
Old 09-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Usually AE style rims are about 1mm narrower per side. I have been using them as a tuning option on my truck. Have 1mm spacers that I add when I want to go wider.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well since we've been told there's no 22T 2.0 in the works, does anyone know if there's talk of a 22SCT 2.0?
Old 09-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brian L View Post
Usually AE style rims are about 1mm narrower per side. I have been using them as a tuning option on my truck. Have 1mm spacers that I add when I want to go wider.
Awesome thanks for the help,I'm sure I will have other stupid questions that may arise during my transition to the tlr
Old 09-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have ofetn thought of putting the ESC up front, and moving the battery back farther. but then you have the wires running all the way up the chassis.

I guess it depends on what ESC you have, like an RS Pro or VTX10R should run reasonbly cool, my vtx10R has never come off more then 110*... ever. but then again I am running 17.5 blinky at the moment.

I would commit to it if you do, dremel the battey roof thingy(?) off to get more airflow, heck, a small fan may do the job if worry about.

Last edited by AndrewTom; 09-03-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: forgot and R

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.