Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stubbs
So, I had my first race with the 22SCT this past weekend. It's definitely WAY better than the XXX-SCT that I had before it, but there's still something wonky with the front rack.

That turning issue with the inside tire not contacting the stop is a problem. Several times on the track, the truck would hook really hard on some medium speed sweepers. I thought it was my driving, but I had a couple guys watch my truck, and they said it looked like the inside tire was moving more than they would expect when I would hit a bump while turning.

I went out after the race and did some test runs through the same corners while I was standing there, and sure enough, the inside tire is popping over center and hitting the arm (like it should to begin with) when the truck hits a bump or rut. I checked a couple of 22 buggies, and they don't have the issue. Their arms hit the carriers at full lock.

I called Horizon today and spoke with tech support to see if there was a way to correct this. The gentleman that I spoke with said they know it's an issue on the SCT, and that the problem does not exist on the buggy....I asked if there was any way to resolve the incorrect ackerman geometry. He said no, I would just have to deal with it. Well, I'm not too thrilled about "just having to deal with it".....

Can I get some feedback from anyone who has the Exotek rack installed? When turning the wheels, will the steering arm on the inside tire touch the carrier before the rack reaches max travel? Any difference with the 0 deg and 10 deg front carriers?

Other than the steering geometry issue, I'm pretty happy with the truck. My first race with it was good, but I had a mechanical issue during the main. Caught a gust of wind going over a small double that tilted the truck over on its side, and landed squarely on the outside of the left rear wheel. Crunched the bearing that supports the outdrive in the transmission case....game over.
Wow, that's full on. The only issue I found after much investigation was a very, very slight touch condition between ball cup and bulkhead after not having the correct servo spacers that would stop full lock under no load but on the track into a corner would push past the touch (if that makes sense). After getting the spacer right, the stock rack reached full lock with servo travel to spare.

I've just installed the exotek and have found it easily reaches full lock in both directions with even more travel to spare. Running it this Sunday hopefully.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all, could some one share with me information about one thing :

I would be happy if you could measure the length of front and rear shock shafts?

I would be super happy if someone could measure them with capiler.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just wanted to share a quick video review of the MBToolmaker35 steering rack and slider. I haven't installed them yet, but I can tell you, these are very high quality pieces! I can't wait to put it in, I've just been really busy the past few weeks.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just wanted to share a quick video review of the MBToolmaker35 steering rack and slider. I haven't installed them yet, but I can tell you, these are very high quality pieces! I can't wait to put it in, I've just been really busy the past few weeks.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up Great Revew Scott

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911

+ YouTube Video
Well done Scott.... It truly is a great addition to any 22 platform!
Old 07-28-2013, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Thumbs up

+2 superb craftmanship mbtoolmaker35
I have one in my SCT and Buggy and love the improvement in both - especially the SCT. Very positive response to the smallest inputs on the wheel.
I customised the one in the buggy with a bit of anodized colour....from this

....to this.....

Old 07-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm looking to get an RTR for my daughter, is the 22SCT RTR worth the money. Honest opinions appreciated.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

what gearing should I run with 17.5 killshot torque motor? just got 22sct thanks
Old 07-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chopperjames619
I'm looking to get an RTR for my daughter, is the 22SCT RTR worth the money. Honest opinions appreciated.
the 22sct is a great kit, you'll be happy with it.
Originally Posted by ldog
what gearing should I run with 17.5 killshot torque motor? just got 22sct thanks
24/78 is typically a good starting point for 17.5 BLINKY.
are you running boosted?
I have 25/78 in my 22SCT, running a Schuurspeed 17.5 @ 30* can timing.
ran it for 8 minutes in front of my house, came off at 125*F
haven't been to a track to test it in a while, just got back from vacation.
Originally Posted by BigBangPro
+2 superb craftmanship mbtoolmaker35
I have one in my SCT and Buggy and love the improvement in both - especially the SCT. Very positive response to the smallest inputs on the wheel.
I customised the one in the buggy with a bit of anodized colour....from this

that looks really trick, reminds me of looking factory motocross bikes; so many trick and annodized and one-off parts!
Old 07-28-2013, 01:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I TQ and Fineshed First today in the Pro2 Mod A Main with my mbtoolmaker35 fitted Rack 22SCT. Casper setup. 7.5 Orion R10 Pro Outdoor Loose/Lome Large Track.

Last edited by XXXDad; 07-28-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Nice Glenn. I was TQ of Pro-2 at the JBRL round #5 with my alum rack, MM setup and Casper-RC Thrust bearing! Horrible start to the as we were all blinded by a turn marshal at the start of the race and could not get track position again but Truck was great.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thumbs up Today is a good day

I have your Ballz in all my cars...
Originally Posted by XXXDad
I TQ and Fineshed First today in the Pro2 Mod A Main with my mbtoolmaker35 fitted Rack 22SCT. Casper setup. 7.5 Orion R10 Pro Outdoor Loose/Lome Large Track.

Originally Posted by Casper
Nice Glenn. I was TQ of Pro-2 at the JBRL round #5 with my alum rack, MM setup and Casper-RC Thrust bearing! Horrible start to the as we were all blinded by a turn marshal at the start of the race and could not get track position again but Truck was great.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Thanks Andrew tom, I will try that
Old 07-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Thumbs up thank you so much

+ YouTube Video
Thank you so much Scott for the great video. Also to thr other supporters of this product. I hope to hear more once you get time to install and run it.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by XXXDad

Nice looking 22 sct ! Good job. My boy finished 3rd in open 2wheel sc at the Michigan state championship series .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.