Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 07-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
CCR was a sugared track. Extreme traction. OCRC is is about .7 a lap off the pace right now but with some tweaks I think I can make it better there. I still believe RM would be better at Pegasus. You need high+ traction for MM to shine IMO. Med+ to High it might be a push on what is faster depending on driver and setup. Setup was very similar to dunford/Casper setup with just a few tweaks.
thanks for all the input and help Casper.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spider882009 View Post
What would be a good rear motor setup for a big 1/8 track w/ very little traction??? I run 3 of them in the summer.
I run large 1/8 scale tracks and to be honest I have not seen anyone come up with a good set up. Its almost like there are only a handful of us that run these trucks on low traction loamy big tracks.
I love the 22 but getting real frustrated with not getting it to handle like I want. I'm almost two seconds faster with my AE truck on the same track, same motor/esc combo and same tires. I will always keep my 22 but if I can't get the right set up in it i'm going to park it for the summer.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RichyRich View Post
I run large 1/8 scale tracks and to be honest I have not seen anyone come up with a good set up. Its almost like there are only a handful of us that run these trucks on low traction loamy big tracks.
I love the 22 but getting real frustrated with not getting it to handle like I want. I'm almost two seconds faster with my AE truck on the same track, same motor/esc combo and same tires. I will always keep my 22 but if I can't get the right set up in it i'm going to park it for the summer.
did you raise the tranny?
did you follow caspers advice?
for your question earlier on shock set up, you should start with the 1.5 front and 1.6 rear. 25 front and 27.5 assoc. oil, if you need less pack try the 1.6 front and 1.7 rear.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
did you raise the tranny?
did you follow caspers advice?
Yup, a little better but still not much better. Just got in from testing... Like I said, I love the truck and know it could be better. On clay tracks this truck is on fire, obviously a different set up. I tried just changing tires when I went outside as a starting point but that did not work so well. I'm to a point of starting all over from scratch but I've done that three times already. I do keep notes on set up changes, tires, temp, track conditions ect. Don't get me wrong the truck is far from bad, I just know it could be much better, I just don't know what else or where else to turn.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yup, a little better but still not much better. Just got in from testing... Like I said, I love the truck and know it could be better. On clay tracks this truck is on fire, obviously a different set up. I tried just changing tires when I went outside as a starting point but that did not work so well. I'm to a point of starting all over from scratch but I've done that three times already. I do keep notes on set up changes, tires, temp, track conditions ect. Don't get me wrong the truck is far from bad, I just know it could be much better, I just don't know what else or where else to turn.
Stick with it mate. These guys will get you there. Your track sounds like ours in summer. At the moment it's winter so we have more grip. Here's my setup which works on a med grip track. To be honest I didn't have any corner exit traction until I added the 40g weight at the front. Weird.

Let me know if you try it and what happens. I'll post a vid tonight my time and you can compare to see if it anything like your track conditions plus loam....
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-22sct.jpg  
Old 07-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So i ordered my Exotek racks on Tuesday and got them Yesterday!! Man that was fast! To my Surprise there was an added goodie in my box Thanks to whoever "M" is!!!

Manufacturers listen and pay attention and Exotek is one of them they read these threads and listen to their customers! TLR does the same thing!

Got my rack installed on my 22SCT in about 20 mins and the slop in my old rack was gone cannot wait to put this bad boy on the track. When I installed on my 22 buggy i made these few adjustments: steering trim as it was a bit more true with out the slop and to my camber again due to the slop. So I think its safe to say I will have to do the same on my 22sct.

I will do my 22T tonight or tomorrow and do a Step by step of the install for fun.

Few picks attached for anyone that is interested.

the New Exotek battery brace has not been installed yet as they will go in my 22 buggy.

Thanks Exotek and thanks to the TLR guys who help out in this thread!

Ok enough butt kissing for me today!
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-img_1114.jpg   TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-img_3370.jpg   TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-img_9877.jpg   TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-img_5548.jpg   TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-img_4894.jpg  

Old 07-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

where is your battery in the tray?
you could try and raise the front end, get more weight transfer to the rear.
you could also try going down one on the rear spring.
there are many ways to skin a cat.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Have you tried this low bite setup from Frank Root?

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...bby%20Shop.pdf
Old 07-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

I'm really making headway with mine, I've gone with soft shock oils and bigger piston holes to speed the shocks up over our very bumpy outdoor track, truck feels very settled thru the rough stuff, I have more testing to do but it's getting better every time I try stuff, have not beaten my SC10 BP time yet, but am very close lap after lap, it will come.

I'm running the Tekin 10.5 gen 2 with the Tekin RS, great fast compo with a heap of low down grunt.

Being in NZ I don't follow any setup sheets on here, I take idea's from them and work out what will work for me with our tracks, we run spec Tire's on the rear here (goosebumps) so you have to find what works for your driving style.

I do read all the info and take great tips, you just have to think what will work for your driving and track conditions.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RossNZ View Post
I'm really making headway with mine, I've gone with soft shock oils and bigger piston holes to speed the shocks up over our very bumpy outdoor track, truck feels very settled thru the rough stuff, I have more testing to do but it's getting better every time I try stuff, have not beaten my SC10 BP time yet, but am very close lap after lap, it will come.

I'm running the Tekin 10.5 gen 2 with the Tekin RS, great fast compo with a heap of low down grunt.

Being in NZ I don't follow any setup sheets on here, I take idea's from them and work out what will work for me with our tracks, we run spec Tire's on the rear here (goosebumps) so you have to find what works for your driving style.

I do read all the info and take great tips, you just have to think what will work for your driving and track conditions.
Same in Oz but I've had a lot of help from Aussie TLR drivers lately. First I've heard a kiwi on here, so good to see.

Here's a vid of my SCT on the weekend. I'm an intermediate driver at best and had a good run. The track is outdoor, bumpy and tight with a technical infield. Apologies it's with video glasses so mostly of my vehicle. In summer it gets dusty and less traction. Sorry I don't have time to edit but you will get the drift that I used to loose it coming into and out of the straight. I added 40g to the front and all of a sudden it's nice. Now just have to make less mistakes when driving.

I would rather not have the weight in and if you think you have the answer to not having it, please let me know.

Also, feel free to post constructive criticisms of my driving if you think it will help me become a better driver. Nothing nasty please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u4Zc...=youtube_gdata
Old 07-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

nice track! looks like a lot of fun!
I think you need to try catch the back side of that front double, in front of the camera guy. I think that may set you up a little better for that down slope into that left turn.
that is just me speaking,
Old 07-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Have you tried this low bite setup from Frank Root?

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...bby%20Shop.pdf
Thanks for everyones help, nice to see so many people chime in to help!!!
No, I have not tried Franks set up but other than the weight and rear pistons my current set up is really close to it.
I will try his complete set up and see what happens, he's alway fast!!!
The tracks I run are as large if not larger than the one in the video, very similar design except ours have a lot more loam and fine sandy type top layer. I did not think that the weight would really help this truck like the AE but if its good enough for Frank enough said!!!
I won't be able to test again for another week but I will let you know what happens. A lot of good stuff here. Thanks guys!!!

Last edited by RichyRich; 07-11-2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
nice track! looks like a lot of fun!
I think you need to try catch the back side of that front double, in front of the camera guy. I think that may set you up a little better for that down slope into that left turn.
that is just me speaking,
It is fun, I really enjoy driving there. I think you're referring to our triple. The good drivers do it most times if there's no wind. You'll see I only did it a couple of times because I'm not that confident yet and have to make sure the car is settled before I attempt it. It makes up a lot of time getting it right but catches you out badly if you get it wrong and you go tumbling. Is that the one you meant? Cheers for the feedback too.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Anyone using a captured rod end setup for steering? Would love to see pics and part numbers. I'm over popping ball cups.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Exclamation Trax 39mm

Originally Posted by robcamj View Post
Anyone using a captured rod end setup for steering? Would love to see pics and part numbers. I'm over popping ball cups.

Check page one... the part# are Traxxas Part # TRA3643,
most hobby shops have them in stock.
Dont forget your Alu. or Brass steering slider.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.