Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 07-09-2013, 09:42 PM
  #7696  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

SCT in general have a lot of steering. A harder front tire will calm down the steering and make the truck more stable and better rear traction with 2wd.
Casper is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 PM
  #7697  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (36)
 
metalnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

My biggest frustration is the varying conditions at my track. When freshly swept and I stay in the blue groove (indoor clay), the truck feels glued. But as soon as the track gets dusty or I screw up the line and go wide, the rear is as loose as a goose. Do you guys come completely off the throttle when going into turns? I try to reduce throttle or maintain throttle, but I feel like maybe I give it too much go too soon, which is why I spin the back out in less-than-perfect conditions. Then again I watch the fast guys take the same turns and pass me like I'm standing still, but most are running SC10s. So I keep blaming the setup, then my driving, then the setup, etc. Frustrating.
metalnut is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 10:03 PM
  #7698  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
My biggest frustration is the varying conditions at my track. When freshly swept and I stay in the blue groove (indoor clay), the truck feels glued. But as soon as the track gets dusty or I screw up the line and go wide, the rear is as loose as a goose. Do you guys come completely off the throttle when going into turns? I try to reduce throttle or maintain throttle, but I feel like maybe I give it too much go too soon, which is why I spin the back out in less-than-perfect conditions. Then again I watch the fast guys take the same turns and pass me like I'm standing still, but most are running SC10s. So I keep blaming the setup, then my driving, then the setup, etc. Frustrating.
I am usually on the breaks or fully off the throttle going into a turn and then I pick up the throttle coming middle through exit of the corner. Remember slow is fast. You have to be in control of the car. If you are not in control or drifting through all the corners you are not going fast and it is VERY hard to be consistent.
Casper is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 06:48 AM
  #7699  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

My 22sct has been on rails as of late and tonight I get my two other Exotek steering racks for my SCT and my 22T. Cannot wait to install.

Casper I tried the gray springs at the Panther Summer Slam at IERC this weekend and they seemed a little to soft. I may go back to Yellow springs per the set up. Any other suggestions?
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 07:56 AM
  #7700  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carranza76 View Post
My 22sct has been on rails as of late and tonight I get my two other Exotek steering racks for my SCT and my 22T. Cannot wait to install.

Casper I tried the gray springs at the Panther Summer Slam at IERC this weekend and they seemed a little to soft. I may go back to Yellow springs per the set up. Any other suggestions?
Did you try the LF gray springs or the regular gray springs. There is a pretty big difference between those.
Casper is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 08:14 AM
  #7701  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
spider882009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana, Pa
Posts: 1,955
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

What would be a good rear motor setup for a big 1/8 track w/ very little traction??? I run 3 of them in the summer.
spider882009 is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 08:31 AM
  #7702  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
AndrewTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 1,429
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Did you try the LF gray springs or the regular gray springs. There is a pretty big difference between those.
on top of that, truck gray or buggy gray.
AndrewTom is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 08:37 AM
  #7703  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Did you try the LF gray springs or the regular gray springs. There is a pretty big difference between those.
LF Gray.
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 11:52 AM
  #7704  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carranza76 View Post
LF Gray.
Cool. Just checking. You liked the yellow LF springs though?
Casper is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 11:54 AM
  #7705  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Cool. Just checking. You liked the yellow LF springs though?
Wasn't yellow on your original set up sheet? I think it was the buggy yellow and yes I loved it but wanted to see if the LF gray made it any better. IMO it did not but i would think driving styles may make the difference in this case.

I have not tried the LF yellow on the SCT
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 12:13 PM
  #7706  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carranza76 View Post
Wasn't yellow on your original set up sheet? I think it was the buggy yellow and yes I loved it but wanted to see if the LF gray made it any better. IMO it did not but i would think driving styles may make the difference in this case.

I have not tried the LF yellow on the SCT
Yes I have buggy yellows on the setup sheet. I did not do enough testing to see what LF springs I really liked but at the track I did try them I liked the LF grays better then the other LF springs. Again this would take some more testing from me to make a real suggestion but right now my truck is MM for some high bite races going on.
Casper is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 12:23 PM
  #7707  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Yes I have buggy yellows on the setup sheet. I did not do enough testing to see what LF springs I really liked but at the track I did try them I liked the LF grays better then the other LF springs. Again this would take some more testing from me to make a real suggestion but right now my truck is MM for some high bite races going on.
You mind sharing where you are going to run MM?
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 12:42 PM
  #7708  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carranza76 View Post
You mind sharing where you are going to run MM?
We ran mm at CCR for JBRL round #4. I have run some at OCRC but I think I have to make some changes to make it work better there. I will run MM at HRH shootout in two weeks. I may leave it in for WC for JBRL Round #5. Not 100% sure on that right now. Depends on how the shootout goes. The truck was good at CCR. Ryan and I went 1-2 at that event running MM trucks. We should have gone 1-2 with mid motor 22T as well but I had an electrical issue.
Casper is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 01:26 PM
  #7709  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
We ran mm at CCR for JBRL round #4. I have run some at OCRC but I think I have to make some changes to make it work better there. I will run MM at HRH shootout in two weeks. I may leave it in for WC for JBRL Round #5. Not 100% sure on that right now. Depends on how the shootout goes. The truck was good at CCR. Ryan and I went 1-2 at that event running MM trucks. We should have gone 1-2 with mid motor 22T as well but I had an electrical issue.
wow its that good huh! need to share that set up!

not sure it would benifet me at Pegasus though, but could be worth a shot.
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 02:14 PM
  #7710  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carranza76 View Post
wow its that good huh! need to share that set up!

not sure it would benifet me at Pegasus though, but could be worth a shot.
CCR was a sugared track. Extreme traction. OCRC is is about .7 a lap off the pace right now but with some tweaks I think I can make it better there. I still believe RM would be better at Pegasus. You need high+ traction for MM to shine IMO. Med+ to High it might be a push on what is faster depending on driver and setup. Setup was very similar to dunford/Casper setup with just a few tweaks.
Casper is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.