Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 06-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ussprinceton View Post
2 identical TLR 22SCTs except body paint racing at our home race track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M52p7yCXWJY

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Looks like good times and good fun. But the setup on both trucks need a lot of work. Were they setup to run on carpet?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mbtoolmaker35 View Post
I ran a whole summer in both buggy and sct in some of the worse dirt environments. I never once had a problem but after each heat i sprayed it out with compressed air and wd40 and used no lube. When i race indoors i use dry graphite or the trackstar lube casper mentioned which i just ordered to try. Outdoors very dusty. Anyway just some info on what worked for me.

Thanks
I had it lock up on me twice once using the aluminum slider and once using the stock slider, I clean and blow off my cars after each race as I "try" to keep them as clear as possible.

with the Exotek rack I don't need to worry about that any more.

If TLR was to come out with a different steering system similar to the exotek rack the world would have a different view. I honestly think the rack makes this buggy unbeatable in the right hands.

Either way its just an opinion of mine and holds no water to each his own.
As long as we are having fun that should be all that matters.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Exclamation She's Ready....

That was a fun build , nothing like building a car with some nice Alu. Hopups . Ready for Sunday.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Nice looking truck. Makes me want to tear mine down and shin'er back up!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Cool Thanks Casper

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Nice looking truck. Makes me want to tear mine down and shin'er back up!
Thanks Buddy... if you look hard enough you can see ( Caspers)
Thrust Bearing installed in her....
P.S. Her setup is 97% yours....
Old 06-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ussprinceton View Post
2 identical TLR 22SCTs except body paint racing at our home race track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M52p7yCXWJY

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
looks like a lot of fun.
what tires are you guys using?
Old 06-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
Thanks Buddy... if you look hard enough you can see ( Caspers)
Thrust Bearing installed in her....
P.S. Her setup is 97% yours....
Nice. thanks for the no so subtil plug! LOL

I put on my superman xtra photo googles and saw that in there!

Glad you were able to tune in that setup to your own liking!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Exotek steering

If anyone's been waiting for the Exotek steering system it's back in stock today.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Casper

Originally Posted by Carranza76 View Post
If i remember correctly Casper said they are making the TLR hi flow bodies a bit thicker now but not sure when they will be ready to ship.
Casper, can ya comment on this please?
Old 06-28-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Blackpearl#1 View Post
Casper, can ya comment on this please?
I was told they were supposed to fix this. I don't have confirmation if it happened. I just got some of the new Performance bodies (cut out) and will try and compare them to my other bodies tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
That was a fun build , nothing like building a car with some nice Alu. Hopups . Ready for Sunday.
I'm curious, how much does your 22SCT weigh now, ready to race, meaning with lipo, wheels/tires and body put on?
Old 06-29-2013, 02:06 AM
Tech Regular

Are any of you guys getting to much rear end traction? I'm finding off jumps when I gas it it pulls the front off the track, we also have a rise half way down the straight were the front will lift, pulling the truck over if I don't "catch it" in time, I'm still winning but could be alot faster, only done a few race days with this truck, rear end is kit setup running 20wt oil, any ideas?

It's a bumpy outdoor track, mid to low traction.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RossNZ View Post
Are any of you guys getting to much rear end traction? I'm finding off jumps when I gas it it pulls the front off the track, we also have a rise half way down the straight were the front will lift, pulling the truck over if I don't "catch it" in time, I'm still winning but could be alot faster, only done a few race days with this truck, rear end is kit setup running 20wt oil, any ideas?

I would go up in oil to at least 25wt and try that. What size motor are you running?
Old 06-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carranza76 View Post
I had it lock up on me twice once using the aluminum slider and once using the stock slider, I clean and blow off my cars after each race as I "try" to keep them as clear as possible.

with the Exotek rack I don't need to worry about that any more.

If TLR was to come out with a different steering system similar to the exotek rack the world would have a different view. I honestly think the rack makes this buggy unbeatable in the right hands.

Either way its just an opinion of mine and holds no water to each his own.
As long as we are having fun that should be all that matters.
The 22SCT is terrific, best 2wd SCT on the market! But for outdoor loose dirt and dusty conditions the stock plastic steering rack system is definitely the weak link in an otherwise outstanding RC. My first steering rack and housing only lasted about 2 months of light use before it started to bind. Tried the DP delrin rack in a new plastic housing with no joy. So for now I am back to using a new stock system which is already showing wear after one month of light use. As someone else mentioned, its the housing that wears excessively, not the rack. Replacing just the rack is futile. And here's the real kicker. Everything else holds up to outdoor use. Nothing else has worn out or broken in the 6 months I have been racing my 22SCT.

Outdoors in dusty, dirty conditions is really tough on this steering system, even with thorough maintenance between runs. Replacing the rack and housing as needed is certainly an option that works well, but I'd prefer to find a more permanent solution. I am working my way through after-market options from least expensive to most expensive. I already have the all AL rack and housing ordered, so that is next. The price has dropped by half on that option so I couldn't pass it by. Besides, I still think the rack and housing system is a novel idea and should give long service even outdoors with the right design and materials.

So, I am wondering when you tried the AL rack was it with the stock plastic housing or did you try the all AL after-market option? What lubrication , if any, did you try?

Also, anyone who has used the Exotek steering system in their 22SCT for at least 2 - 3 months, can you comment on your track conditions, whether your use is light to heavy, and compare steering system looseness now to when first installed?

There is no judgement intended here. Trying to get feedback from anyone who, like me, has had issues with the steering system and has tried different ideas for a fix. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RossNZ View Post

there are a lot of ways to tune out the grip, or tune it in.

have you raised the transmission 1mm? if you have, you could try it without the trans raised, that will take away some rear traction.

you could go up a spring on the rear, that would take some rear bite too.

where are you at on anti-squat?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.