Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Anyone running the AE VTS slipper? Mods required?
Scott has put together a nice step by step link on the first page of this thread.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I am sure this has been answered, on the rear hubs what would be the handling changes of the ball stud in the different mounting holes. If I use the 1st row, second row or third row ?.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Cool Check this out

Originally Posted by frankiecmgt
I am sure this has been answered, on the rear hubs what would be the handling changes of the ball stud in the different mounting holes. If I use the 1st row, second row or third row ?.
>>> http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ng-racing.html
Old 06-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankiecmgt
changing the length of the links has an effect on stability and camber gain.
there are a lot of helpful websites out there to help.
XXXdad has a good thread linked.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mysupratoy94
Scott has put together a nice step by step link on the first page of this thread.

I deserve that. Thanks!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Anyone running the AE VTS slipper? Mods required?
(off topic) I have the Avid Triad. Loving it thus far; it works really well! I was a little quick to give up at first, but now that i have a little more experience setting slippers, I have it figured out now. I am going to order the Red pads, supposedly more aggressive lock up.

Scott did a nice how to on the VTS slipper. i remember you need to put like 3mm behind the gear cover to gain clearance for all the drive plates.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Thanks xxxDad for the link....
Old 06-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

I deserve that. Thanks!
Just saying...

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
(off topic) I have the Avid Triad. Loving it thus far; it works really well! I was a little quick to give up at first, but now that i have a little more experience setting slippers, I have it figured out now. I am going to order the Red pads, supposedly more aggressive lock up.

Scott did a nice how to on the VTS slipper. i remember you need to put like 3mm behind the gear cover to gain clearance for all the drive plates.
Off topic here too, just a quick question, how did you set your triad for this truck, being that its sort of heavier than most. Did you set it up with a 1 to 2 inch lift or with just a lift movement without actually lifting the tires off the table?
Old 06-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Off topic here too, just a quick question, how did you set your triad for this truck, being that its sort of heavier than most. Did you set it up with a 1 to 2 inch lift or with just a lift movement without actually lifting the tires off the table?
I use the Triad slipper. Works well: very smooth and consistent once you get it set. Lasts a long time, too. I haven't had to reset mine yet. Set it just like you normally would any other slipper. However I suggest you start with the nut screwed tighter than you might with a standard slipper. There is a lot of stuff to compress. Also, the pads are small and tend to glaze easily. Keep that in mind while tuning the slipper. Wheel lift method doesn't work with an SCT. The front is too heavy. Besides, you want to set it for the specific local conditions. I set it loose enough to get good acceleration without wheel spin that causes the SCT to spin out at full throttle from a dead start, but tight enough to clear all the obstacles on the track. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

I never do the bench test. on the side of my house, I have about 30ft of concrete. I punch full throttle from dead stop, and listen for the slipper. I try to get a baseline. I run 17.5 blinky, but for the first 1-2 feet i try to let it slip. I typically start with it tightened down a bit, but not locked.
EDIT: works good for me for a baseline setting.
same for my 22T w/10.5.

Last edited by AndrewTom; 06-21-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sapperc
I use the Triad slipper. Works well: very smooth and consistent once you get it set. Lasts a long time, too. I haven't had to reset mine yet. Set it just like you normally would any other slipper. However I suggest you start with the nut screwed tighter than you might with a standard slipper. There is a lot of stuff to compress. Also, the pads are small and tend to glaze easily. Keep that in mind while tuning the slipper. Wheel lift method doesn't work with an SCT. The front is too heavy. Besides, you want to set it for the specific local conditions. I set it loose enough to get good acceleration without wheel spin that causes the SCT to spin out at full throttle from a dead start, but tight enough to clear all the obstacles on the track. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Thank you for the info, i currently have mine set to lift about 2 inches so that may be the reason I have to be easy on the throttle when turning into the straight and punching it.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
I never do the bench test. on the side of my house, I have about 30ft of concrete. I punch full throttle from dead stop, and listen for the slipper. I try to get a baseline. I run 17.5 blinky, but for the first 2-3 feet, i try to listen for the sound of the slipper. I typically start with it tightened down a bit, but not locked. its been working for me.
same for my 22T w/10.5.
Cool thanks. I have mine locked down on the 22buggy and works great, just trying to now figure it out on my sct.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

n/m
Old 06-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Tech Adept

Just completed my truck, what a fun build. Now just waiting for the mail man with my new motor and jconcepts chassis film. Tires are proline square fuzzie m4.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-image.jpg  
Old 06-22-2013, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm buying the tlr 22sct rtr for my brother and I'm wondering if the included esc will be able to handle a 10.5?
We have a 10.5 class rule for sct in Australia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.