Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nomaak
Losi just needs to come off it and make a more flexible molded chassis. thats the REAL problem. this truck has EU written all over it which means its not suitable for an "average" dusty US track. not everyone who buys this truck has the luxuary of indoor clay, carpet/turf, or even sugared surfaces to race on. the sc10.2 just eats this truck in the "real" world.
My 11 yr old son races in the "Real World" 90% of the time and has had very good results in fact there has been a couple of guy's jump ship from the sc10 at are local track (loose,dusty,med bite track) because of his good results. It still comes down to set up and the person with the radio. The sc10 is a proven truck but the 22sct is definitely a contender.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Yes mr larson i have two...one is my close friend who is a truck driver, the other is mine which i traded my desc210 for. i know it all depends on driver,setup and all of that but i really feel this truck needs to shed the metal chassis and go with something else. ive owned/raced over 8 different platforms and this by far needs the most help in looser conditions IMO....i even had a venom gambler in mid conf that was more hooked up than this. my homemade sct would turn better consistant laps. im no newbie and im a pretty good driver and i stand by what i posted (no flame) intended but these CAD cars dnt cut it. remember the hpi rs4 pro3? long story short...make an EA3 chassis for this thing and watch it become a contender....Everywhere! but until then i doubt this truck will win a major race race against AEs ryans anytime soon
Old 06-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Try both. A stiffer front spring and stiff front swaybar and see what you like. I may be to go to a less aggressive front tire like a switch. Dusty conditions can be hard. Your rear end may be too soft with the white rear springs and the rear end my be dumping on exit. Try all these things.
Ok, I will play with stiffening up the front a bit. Can you quickly explain what you mean by the rear dumping on exit due to too-soft springs? I thought softer springs usually gave you more grip, no? A big part of it is the tire choice, I realize. Perhaps I have to put my OCD to rest and try different tires front than back.

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
I would try moving the battery back 1 pad.
maybe move the top of the rear shocks in one.
if you have caspers setup, do you have 2mm on the hub or 3mm?
maybe a Tazer or a Hole Shot would work a little better on the rear? or are the rattlers the hot ticket?
my track can be get a little dusty, I have always had good luck running hole shots and/or blockades. heck, I have run enduros and they work well.
I started with the shorty all the way back and have been moving it forward, one location at a time. Now it's one back from the front. I had it all the way in the back and the rear end felt even looser. I have 2mm on the hub. The hot tires at my track are Pro-Line Ions and JConcepts Gold Barcodes. Those do work really well, but not when it gets dusty. I'm trying the Panther Rattlers just as an experiment and per recommendations in this thread. I think this may be the key.. I need to run a different tire in dusty practice conditions and a different one when the clay gets swept for races.

I'll play with all these options.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
Ok, I will play with stiffening up the front a bit. Can you quickly explain what you mean by the rear dumping on exit due to too-soft springs? I thought softer springs usually gave you more grip, no? A big part of it is the tire choice, I realize. Perhaps I have to put my OCD to rest and try different tires front than back.
If the rear end is too soft as you exit the corner and you put all the load on the outside rear tire, if the spring is too soft the rear end will collapse and you will loose support and the car can spin out. I call it dumping as the car will be going though the corner and then all of a sudden you can see the rear end roll over and car will loose traction abruptly. Does that make sense? A stiffer rear spring my not keep traction in hand but the loss in traction will tend to make the resulting slide more controllable.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Is there a way to use traxxas slash 4x4 rims on a losi 22 sct and keep the same off set?
Old 06-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Anyone running a Tekin Gen2 7.5. Looking for some initial setups for Tekin RS esc. Sensored or Dual. I am running the Avid slipper 84 spur, and will be putting in the aluminum idler, and ordering the red pads.

Currently running a LRP x20 8.5. I do know the Gen2 has a significantly higher KV rating
Thanks
Old 06-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yodah
Anyone running a Tekin Gen2 7.5. Looking for some initial setups for Tekin RS esc. Sensored or Dual. I am running the Avid slipper 84 spur, and will be putting in the aluminum idler, and ordering the red pads.

Currently running a LRP x20 8.5. I do know the Gen2 has a significantly higher KV rating
Thanks
I don't have much experience with Tekin, but I think Casper has some RS set ups on his website.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yamaha rider
Is there a way to use traxxas slash 4x4 rims on a losi 22 sct and keep the same off set?
no, you'll need to buy TEN-SCTE / 22SCT wheels (ten scte and 22sct use the same offset rim.) to keep the truck within legal width.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions??

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
no, you'll need to buy TEN-SCTE / 22SCT wheels (ten scte and 22sct use the same offset rim.) to keep the truck within legal width.
so i cant just buy different off set hubs for the truck?
Old 06-16-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

no. you may be able to run the slash wheels, but your track width will be 10+mm wider. the wheels will rub the body significantly.
the best thing to do is buy a set of tires and rims. I know there are pre-mounts available for the TEN-SCTE, so they fit this truck.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yodah

Thanks
I have RS setups and gearing for Tekin RS on my web site. www.casper-rc.com. Gear down a tooth for 7.5 and I would not run the boost but everything else would be the same. To run a 7.5 in a SCT you should be running the RS pro. The RS and RS Gen 2 are only rated down to 8.5......

Not really. The other wheels are pretty offset and there is not a hub or a hex that will compensate for that significant offset change.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I havent tried because I haven't had the need since I run an SCTE, but you may be able to get the rears offset within the useable range of the slash 4x4 wheels by trying Losi SCTE hexes in the rear as they are MUCH thinner than the 22sct hexes. I dont think it'll be possible with the fronts as they're only about half the width of the standard 22sct front hexes. So you'll still probably be a little wide. Maybe close tho. Or you may be able to run the 22sct standard front hexes in the rear and scte hexes up front (slight wheel well modification may be needed) to bring them closer to the same width. Worth trying if u have access to a friend's scte hexes to see if they'll fit.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking Thanks

Ok thanks for the help guys
Old 06-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

just got a 2wd what settings would you run on a tekin Gen2 and 17.5 my track allows timing and boost.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xxxtruck
just got a 2wd what settings would you run on a tekin Gen2 and 17.5 my track allows timing and boost.
this may not be the right thread, but first we need to know what ESC you are running with the tekin gen2 17.5.
if you have a Viper ESC, I may be able to help...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.