Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 07-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Get the feeling Im going to have to Sell my SC10 so I can run the 22SCT with my 22Buggy.

Sure would make the spare parts bag smaller.
Sometimes I feel we should have a LIKE button like there is on Facebook
Old 07-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I plan on being at OCRC tomorrow night (Wed)

If anyone would like to check the truck out please feel free to come bug me
Old 08-01-2012, 02:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have been keeping an eye out for updated info on the first page of this thread for set up sheets other than the two 22T on the first page. I am wondering when some 22SCT will be up with some the goodies they have been using with it?

I know Frank and a few others have put posts up throughout the thread of a few different parts they have used which has been great.

Cannot wait to get the call from the LHS to say come in and pick it up
Old 08-01-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
Wow, small world, my dad works in Culver City.
That's awesome. He work at Sony?
Originally Posted by elecRC23 View Post
Scott and Tom, how far r u guys from the high school? Also Scott, do you have the 22sct yet, or do u have he conversion kit for the xxx sct? Because I saw an aluminum chassis on ur car so just wondering.
I'm actually really close to the High School. Probably about a mile away. I'm a block from the DMV on Washington. Sounds like you're really nearby. I'll be at OC this coming sunday, if you guys are there, be sure to say hi and introduce me to your dad and maybe we can all carpool sometime in the future.
Originally Posted by motobigalow View Post
He has a 22t conversion by rcrd they are pretty slick
^Yep! As said by motobigalow, it's a TLR 22T with the RCRD conversion chassis. I used a bunch of pieces from varying cars for body mounts and bumpers etc. I'm really happy with how it runs. This is my first 2wd shortcourse truck, so it's kind of a learning experience trying to drive it, but in better hands I bet my truck would do really well! Does alright with me at the wheel, but I'm really not very good when it comes to 2wd stuff, so the truck is making me look like a better driver than I am
Originally Posted by KalEl63 View Post
I have been keeping an eye out for updated info on the first page of this thread for set up sheets other than the two 22T on the first page. I am wondering when some 22SCT will be up with some the goodies they have been using with it?

I know Frank and a few others have put posts up throughout the thread of a few different parts they have used which has been great.

Cannot wait to get the call from the LHS to say come in and pick it up
I've been in contact with Travis, he's about to release his first setup for the 22SCT, once it's approved, I'll be deleting all the 22T setups off of the first page and replacing them with the 22SCT setups. I just put those out there incase the truck came out before any setups did, at least we'd have a starting point. But it looks like Travis should have his setup available to see in a very short time. BTW, agree with you, can't wait to get the call from the LHS to come pick it up!
Old 08-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post

I've been in contact with Travis, he's about to release his first setup for the 22SCT, once it's approved, I'll be deleting all the 22T setups off of the first page and replacing them with the 22SCT setups. I just put those out there incase the truck came out before any setups did, at least we'd have a starting point. But it looks like Travis should have his setup available to see in a very short time. BTW, agree with you, can't wait to get the call from the LHS to come pick it up!
That was a good plan putting up the 22T set ups and thanks for the update
Old 08-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Is it a good idea to get shorty packs for the 22sct? If so which ones do you guys recommend?
Also I can't get ahold of RCRD about the tranny shims, anyone else know what's going on there?

Last edited by Gas Rat Racin; 08-01-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin View Post
Is it a good idea to get shorty packs for the 22sct? If so which ones do you guys recommend?
Also I can't get ahold of RCRD about the tranny shims, anyone else know what's going on there?
I'll be honest, they're terrible at communication. So I've just stopped trying to communicate with them. When I've needed tranny shims, I just PayPal the money and like 2-4 days later I've got my shims. No contact or anything. It's a bit disconcerting to someone who's never dealt with them, but he's legit and wont take your money unless he has your product. It's a very good product that makes raising the tranny so much easier.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
I'll be honest, they're terrible at communication. So I've just stopped trying to communicate with them. When I've needed tranny shims, I just PayPal the money and like 2-4 days later I've got my shims. No contact or anything. It's a bit disconcerting to someone who's never dealt with them, but he's legit and wont take your money unless he has your product. It's a very good product that makes raising the tranny so much easier.
Thanks I'll try just paypaling the money.
What about the shorty packs?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin View Post
I'd also like to know. I'm going to be running Venom 3800mah shorty packs in my 22B and plan on upgrading to the 22SCT once I get kicked out of Stock SCT with my XXX-SCT. Apparently winning 5+ times in a row means you get bumped up
Old 08-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I have gotten 3 sets of transmission shims and the 22sct chassis and he usually ships right out. I did order some more tranny shims on the 26th and still haven't received them usually its just 3-4 days like scott said.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are there any.... parts off my xxx-sct that will fit this truck. I have a ton of spaire parts and don't want to sell them with the truck if any thing will fit. Susp, trans parts and etc.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DOC View Post
Are there any.... parts off my xxx-sct that will fit this truck. I have a ton of spaire parts and don't want to sell them with the truck if any thing will fit. Susp, trans parts and etc.
Nope can't think of one part that is the same to be honest. Not even screws. Oh wait I thought on one. The front wheel bearings from the XXX-SCT are 5X10 and used on the 22-SCT. I think that is it!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

I doubt it I have lots and lots and lots of xxx stuff too. I think the spur gears may work but someone's should probably chime in
Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

dang auto correct on phone, are the spur gears the same casper?
Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motobigalow View Post
I doubt it I have lots and lots and lots of xxx stuff too. I think the spur gears may work but someone's should probably chime in
Yeah you are right those are the same as well. Slipper pads and plates are common as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.