Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Come on guys lets keep it civil. If anyone has advice for Graphite without criticism, that would be helpful. I do feel like Andrew honestly is making an attempt to help him out. But lets leave the name calling out of his thread guys. Thanks guys!
Great advice! If the bickering and name calling/insults continue, there will be consequences.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
Not to where it is slipping?
the slipper is designed to slip, its there to prevent damage to the transmission.
you act like its not your fault the transmission goes out, then you go and say that the motor that others (and myself) have said is too much power for this truck. do you run any punch control on your esc?
Cars like this run so much better with a sensored system, sensorless is simply too abrupt in power delivery.
Try changing the red bushing in the outer shaft to a diff bearing. The bearing fits perfect and runs quite.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphite07
you act like its my fault and now you criticize my esc/motor combo...
its funny my hpi blitz ran a pro4 and a rx8 esc everything cranked up and the tranny handled it perfectly.

no punch control,i asked others what motor/esc they was running, i never accused my motor or esc to be the problem. how is a 3800 to much? as stated my blitz handled the pro4.

i said the other guy said my motor was to much. i was asking what other was running.
Hey Graphite, I noticed you mentioned a bind in the tranny. Last night when I cleaned and rebuilt mine I forgot to put the washer on the long top screw that goes through the lower mounts for the bumper, through the tranny, and into the motor plate. I didn't realize it at first, just that the dang thing would barely turn. Once I figured it out and put the washer back on I could tighten it fully with no bind. This is the only time I ever had the tranny bind from tightening. I'd check to see if that washer was in place when you got it- maybe the guy you bought it from forgot it.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Can you use the transmission shims when using a mid motor setup? If so what would you use one the front pivot block for a shim?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Snapkins
Try changing the red bushing in the outer shaft to a diff bearing. The bearing fits perfect and runs quite.
Hey thanks I will try this. Do we have a part number or bearing size?
I willing to try anything I really like the 22 and want it to work.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey thanks I will try this. Do we have a part number or bearing size?
I willing to try anything I really like the 22 and want it to work.
Diff bearings are 5X8
Old 05-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonzee
Sorry Scott, but the guy doesn't deserve our help.
A couple of us tried to suggest some things initially, after his blatant MANUFACTURER BASHING, and all that resulted was him cursing me followed by additional rude, demeaning, and condescending comments by him.
Some people just aren't worth the effort.
While I dont condone how he went about it, he was obviously frustrated and was upset. We've all been there and during that time dont necessarily act in the most rational manner. Also during those times we are a bit more defensive so even though someone may be trying to help, it is perceived as an attack. People fueled the fire. He was already obviously frustrated and let it get to him. In any case lets all just move on. This is a great thread with some very helpful advice from contributors from newbs to factory sponsored pro's, let's keep it on the positive

We've got a three day weekend coming up, happy racing everybody.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

okay got the bearing size will try it. going back to mid motor maybe this work better than rear motor. all fresh gears and bearings and a new top shaft.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We've all been in a position where we are mad or flame at someone, and I think we can all use this as a lesson.

My low frequency springs just came in today; I plan to pick them up tomorrow, or Saturday.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jonzee

Nice paint.
But I think you're going to have to do better than that if you want to pick up Geico as a sponsor. lol
Perhaps sweeten the deal by offering a female Gecko?
okay got the bearing size will try it. going back to mid motor maybe this work better than rear motor. all fresh gears and bearings and a new top shaft.
Good luck I hope this helps get your truck sorted.
My low frequency springs just came in today; I plan to pick them up tomorrow, or Saturday.
Awesome Andrew, let us know how they work out. I'm curious and I'm sure others are also.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by WIGMAN
Dude drop it and get over it. Tired of hearing about it.
+1 Seriously let it go... he did. Moving on... RACE WEEKEND, you all better be scared I'm gonna podium!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO ADD TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, DO NOT POST.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

We've all been in a position where we are mad or flame at someone, and I think we can all use this as a lesson.

Intersted in how the low frequency springs will work, keep us posted! Contemplated picking up some for my cars but decided to hold off until others "guinea pig" them first lord knows I have enough stuff for all of my 22's
Old 05-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dirtryder219
Intersted in how the low frequency springs will work, keep us posted! Contemplated picking up some for my cars but decided to hold off until others "guinea pig" them first lord knows I have enough stuff for all of my 22's
unfortunately there was a mix up in the part #s at my local hobby shop, so it'll be another week until i can get my hands on the LF springs. sorry, out of my hands

EDIT: hey guys, about approx. how much width does using the tlr 22 buggy rear +1.5mm hex (tlr 2932) add to the front end?
Old 05-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

unfortunately there was a mix up in the part #s at my local hobby shop, so it'll be another week until i can get my hands on the LF springs. sorry, out of my hands

EDIT: hey guys, about approx. how much width does using the tlr 22 buggy rear +1.5mm hex (tlr 2932) add to the front end?
Not much. .25/.5 mm at most.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.