Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 05-13-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys I have heard that Dustin was running mid motor on his 22sct at this years cactus classis can anyone confirm this? And if so can anyone give me a link to his setup.
Thanks Guys
Old 05-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sc Sandman View Post
Hey guys I have heard that Dustin was running mid motor on his 22sct at this years cactus classis can anyone confirm this? And if so can anyone give me a link to his setup.
Thanks Guys
I am not sure if he ran mid motor on the SCT. Most if not all of the team ran mid motor on the buggy and I know Billy Fischer ran mid motor on the 22T by the end. I have not hear of anyone running mid motor SCT but I was not there so I don't know for certain. The only person I know that ran mid motor on in Mod SC was Ryan Lutz with the Durango.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Going from 2.5 to 2.0 anti squat, will i feel a big difference? Purchased the car used and the guy had 2.5 in there and i'm trying to tame the rear a bit. I've already altered shock positions and am looking for more. Would the 1.0 be to radical?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
Going from 2.5 to 2.0 anti squat, will i feel a big difference? Purchased the car used and the guy had 2.5 in there and i'm trying to tame the rear a bit. I've already altered shock positions and am looking for more. Would the 1.0 be to radical?
What do you mean by "tame the rear end"
Old 05-14-2013, 03:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
What do you mean by "tame the rear end"
The truck oversteers under moderate throttle while cornering.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Can someone please provide me to best resource to understand anti squat & LRC vs. HRC. Ive seen the TLR video on Youtube but I didn't really understand it.
Looking for a better understanding to tune my truck. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
i haven't tried 2.5* anti-squat on my 22sct, but on my 22T, I did move from 2.5 down to 2.0, and it took away some steering, which I would like back. That should help tame it down a bit. whats your rear toe at?
I may go back to 2.5 just to remind my self the difference
Old 05-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BigDaddyXL View Post
Can someone please provide me to best resource to understand anti squat & LRC vs. HRC. Ive seen the TLR video on Youtube but I didn't really understand it.
Looking for a better understanding to tune my truck. Thanks for the help.
HRC toe blocks are 1mm higher up from the chassis or closer to the transmission then LRC blocks. Running HRC decreases your Forward bite a bit due to less dog bone plunge. I am not sure, but I think it mainly reduces trucks ability to role through the suspension. Also, running HRC allows you to run from 1*(?) of pro-squat to 3*(?) of anti-squat. LRC allows I think allows for 1*, 2*, 2.5* and 3* of anti-squat.
not to mention, most are raising the 22's transmission 1mm with LRC blocks, thus promoting more dog bone plunge and more forward bite.
according to TLR blogs, they mainly run LRC with Rear motor, and HRC with Mid Motor.
hope this helps.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
HRC toe blocks are 1mm higher up from the chassis or closer to the transmission then LRC blocks. Running HRC decreases your Forward bite a bit due to less dog bone plunge. I am not sure, but I think it mainly reduces trucks ability to role through the suspension. Also, running HRC allows you to run from 1*(?) of pro-squat to 3*(?) of anti-squat. LRC allows I think allows for 1*, 2*, 2.5* and 3* of anti-squat.
not to mention, most are raising the 22's transmission 1mm with LRC blocks, thus promoting more dog bone plunge and more forward bite.
according to TLR blogs, they mainly run LRC with Rear motor, and HRC with Mid Motor.
hope this helps.
I suggest you read the Hudy book on roll enter:

Old 05-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

what are you saying turk?
http://losiracing.blogspot.com/search?q=hrc
am i right or wrong?
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
what are you saying turk?
http://losiracing.blogspot.com/search?q=hrc
am i right or wrong?
Just good general info.

http://www.ocrraceway.com/setup%20sh...et-up_Book.pdf

It will apply generally for all vehicles. Dog bone "plunge" may be more model specific.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Just good general info.

http://www.ocrraceway.com/setup%20sh...et-up_Book.pdf

It will apply generally for all vehicles. Dog bone "plunge" may be more model specific.
Guys the hudy guide is amazing and a great reference but 4wd and 2wd cars don't always react the same way to the same changes due to the dymanics of the front tires pulling the car through a corner. Be careful when referencing this when it comes to a 2wd car. This is a GREAT guide for any 4wd vehicle though.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Guys the hudy guide is amazing and a great reference but 4wd and 2wd cars don't always react the same way to the same changes due to the dymanics of the front tires pulling the car through a corner. Be careful when referencing this when it comes to a 2wd car. This is a GREAT guide for any 4wd vehicle though.
This is true. It's more general info. The principles are the same, but your application to a 2wd vehicle is going to be different for exactly the reasons Casper states. A 2wd setup is going to be different than a 4wd setup.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

when I was reading that page, i thought it didn't sound right for this truck.

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
This is true. It's more general info. The principles are the same, but your application to a 2wd vehicle is going to be different for exactly the reasons Casper states. A 2wd setup is going to be different than a 4wd setup.
good thing this is a thread dedicated to a 2wd truck.

ok, for you 17.5 blinky racers, I just ordered 3 Gforce shorty packs, and I am curious whereabouts I should start with battery location. I noticed for travis Brocks 17.5 setup its 4 pads back with A shorty, but I'd like to hear a bit of input from others. at my local track. I like green front with 2 pads back with 30/0. I have 25 pivot and all the castor blocks handy as well (0, 3, 5, and 10).
Old 05-15-2013, 03:15 AM
Tech Rookie

I recently replaced the drive shafts on my 22SCT about 3 months ago due to them bending slightly and generating a terrible wheel wobble. It seems as though it has happened again.

Is this normal? Should I consider the MIP drive shafts as replacements? How long are you guys getting out of a set of drive shafts?

My truck is raced once a week on low-medium bite clay indoor. It is never 'bashed'.....only raced on clay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.