Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 05-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Frank!

Good info.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone for all the tips on your experiences with the Driven Productions delrin steering rack.

Got my new TLR steering housing in yesterday. First, I checked the fit of the new stock rack that comes in the kit. There was a small amount of rub between the rack and the back side of the housing. Don't know if this is by design or production flaw, but it really doesn't matter. As we all know the stock parts wear-in rapidly and that tiny bit of initial stick would soon be gone.

I honed the the back side of the Driven Productions delrin rack so that it moved freely by hand in the housing. Using a very fine swiss file, I very lightly honed the inside back of the TLR housing groove. Random imperfections were obvious with the first pass of the file. Final fit was very smooth, bench testing was flawless.

I also lengthened the servo link by three turns to bring the trim adjustment down into a more normal range with the DP rack (it was maxed out to the right before).

Track testing went great. No sticking, very responsive steering. Just like new again. So, it does work, even outdoors in extremely dusty conditions. It takes a lot of tuning by feel to get it to fit, which may or may not be worth the effort if it outlasts the original stock steering rack and housing.

I spent just under $30.00 for parts on this project. That does not include tools, dry lubricant, and sandpaper, which I already had. You can replace the stock TLR rack and housing 3 times for the same price
Old 05-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
We will see on the truck fronts.

In the rear, the traditional Yellow TLR spring is 62.5mm, the new spring is 64.5mm, so it should work fine. Keep in mind that these rates a little softer though, so it maybe take more compression to reach the same ride height.
i'm assuming that by traditional you mean buggy yellow.
thanks for the info. makes me feel like i've made a good choice in brand whenever anybody is this friendly and knowledgeable about their product.
thanks!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just wanted to let everyone know, I cleaned up Page 1 a little bit to make it a little easier to navigate. If anyone has any suggestions or thinks something should be added or taken out, please feel free to PM me. I've also moved all the Set-ups closer to the beginning of the post so you don't have to scroll down so far since most people have read the entire thing and refer back to that section more often than the rest of the post. Hopefully that makes it more user friendly!

To anyone who is new to the 22sct or anyone who hasn't read the first post on the first page, I highly recommend giving it a look. It's full of useful info that has been collected from everyone's great posts in this thread. Happy Reading!

Again, thanks to EVERYONE who has contributed to this awesome thread!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up Scoyykelly911

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
I just wanted to let everyone know, I cleaned up Page 1 a little bit to make it a little easier to navigate. If anyone has any suggestions or thinks something should be added or taken out, please feel free to PM me. I've also moved all the Set-ups closer to the beginning of the post so you don't have to scroll down so far since most people have read the entire thing and refer back to that section more often than the rest of the post. Hopefully that makes it more user friendly!

To anyone who is new to the 22sct or anyone who hasn't read the first post on the first page, I highly recommend giving it a look. It's full of useful info that has been collected from everyone's great posts in this thread. Happy Reading!

Again, thanks to EVERYONE who has contributed to this awesome thread!
WOW INCREDABLE FIRST PAGE, GIVE YOURSELF A PAT ON THE BACK.
SERIOUS GREAT JOB! A+
Old 05-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Yes. Great first page. I used it to "cut to the chase" after buying my 22 sct. Helped a pile. Thank you! Chuck
Old 05-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Looks good!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Low and slow is a fast 22

Here is my low and slow in the white.
This is the new Track in Hartville Ohio.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by gmackhurry; 05-11-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Looking good!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

awesome job Scott!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Casper, nice come from behind win at OCRC last night. I watched it on liverc and your car looked hooked up. Which tire, compound, and foam were you running?

Here's the vid for anyone that want's to watch. Casper was the white car in last place after turn one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=PA-Upj1fiks#!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jedev View Post
Casper, nice come from behind win at OCRC last night. I watched it on liverc and your car looked hooked up. Which tire, compound, and foam were you running?

Here's the vid for anyone that want's to watch. Casper was the white car in last place after turn one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=PA-Upj1fiks#!
Thanks. Super brain fart in the first corner but made for a fun race!

I am running Panther clay rattlers in the rear and Panther Blue rattlers in the front with Panther orange CSF for SC in all the tires. I sauced the rear tires with sticky kicks white sauce. Truck was hooked up! I was running the Dunford/Casper setup with 3mm under the rear hub ball stud. Also using Casper-rc thrust bearing!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

I need to get down to OCRC. do they run 17.5 blinky SCT over the weekend? my truck is currently setup for outdoor and 17.5 blinking. I could always put it in Boosted mode, but I do have a 10.5 as well.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, are the body mount holes on the 22 SCT body used at all to mount on the truck? And if not what is the best way to mount? Is everyone running the front of the body up against the back of the front bumper?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys I have heard that Dustin was running mid motor on his 22sct at this years cactus classis can anyone confirm this? And if so can anyone give me a link to his setup.
Thanks Guys

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.