Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 04-08-2013, 11:45 PM
  #6811  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Theroc View Post
That sucks! I just read your site. Gotta go rip my diff out to make sure I installed it right.
If you are talking about the big hole and small hole don't worry about it. There is plenty of clearance on both bearings so by no means should you take your diff apart for that but if you pay attention you will notice it and I just wanted to point out why.

It only matters if the diff screw is tight on the bore which in the case of the AE and the TLR screws it really does not matter which washer goes on first.
Casper is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:48 PM
  #6812  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Theroc View Post
Im backwards then:

More Caster = More on power steering and less low speed
Less Caster = More low speed steering and twitchy


Casper.

I just installed the thrust bearing I got from you. Do you have to run the diff a little tighter then usual? Im also running the xxx sct diff gear with AE carbides.
Roc
As for settings. No those should be the same as the friction is all in the main gears. The small thrust bearing should have no effect on the diff settings so set it as you always would.
Casper is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 12:27 AM
  #6813  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Casp,

THanks man. I took apart already. It was right (i had 50% chance).

Ill give feed back after this weekend. Ive only raced my Losi 6 races and rebuilt the diff 3 times. Hopefully I can get more mileage out your thrust bearing.

Roc
Theroc is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 01:53 AM
  #6814  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: san luis obispo ca
Posts: 114
Default

Not sure if I can post this here? But i'm going to anyway. I'm opening a new track in San Luis Obispo. We are about a week away from being completed. San Luis Obispo is on the CA coast about 10 min. north of Pismo Beach. Look us up on facebook "Boneyard Raceway" We are 1/10 and 1/8 friendly, and the track is about 600' long. So if you feel like getting out of the heat this summer and breathing some cool fresh air, pay us a visit. BTW I have a 22sct so this post is legal.
slodustin is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 06:42 AM
  #6815  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 534
Default

Originally Posted by Theroc View Post
Ill give feed back after this weekend. Ive only raced my Losi 6 races and rebuilt the diff 3 times. Hopefully I can get more mileage out your thrust bearing.
Part of the reason that the pros are so fast is (what some people think) the inordinate amount of maintenance they perform on their cars, which can even include rebuilding the diff every race.
pablo040 is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 07:17 AM
  #6816  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hawkes Bay. New Zealand
Posts: 292
Default

Hi guys, I'm new to the 22SCT, coming from the SC10, at our National champs last week I won a 22sct in the big raffle, sold the SC10 and have a Tekin Gen2 10.5, RS esc and new savax servo on the way, wanted one of these trucks so was stoked to win it, looking forward to running it.
RossNZ is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:48 AM
  #6817  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pablo040 View Post
Part of the reason that the pros are so fast is (what some people think) the inordinate amount of maintenance they perform on their cars, which can even include rebuilding the diff every race.
I would not say rebuilding the diff ever race but yes for large events the top pro's will make sure there cars are top notch. A good diff build should last many runs if everything is setup right but I will agree the pro's will rebuild there diffs at a higher freq then the average racer. They spend a lot more time on there shocks then the typical racers as well.
Casper is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:53 AM
  #6818  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (150)
 
dirt42fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 980
Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)
Default

Is anyone running their 22sct on a dirt oval? I am curious as to what your set up is.

Shock oils, springs, camber, caster ect. Ball diff or gear diff?
dirt42fan is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 09:13 AM
  #6819  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
weavty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ATL.GA.USA
Posts: 2,121
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Wow, so this last weekend, I broke FOUR (4) spindles on my 22SCT... And the weekend before that, I broke THREE (3) on my 22 buggy!! Just landing slightly crossed-up and snap... Other than that, I was down-siding the jumps perfectly, no cartwheels, not a thing.

And it wasn't just me, either.. I've seen many others over the last few weeks, doing the same on their 22 buggies and trucks!? What gives?
weavty1 is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 09:29 AM
  #6820  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by weavty1 View Post
Wow, so this last weekend, I broke FOUR (4) spindles on my 22SCT... And the weekend before that, I broke THREE (3) on my 22 buggy!! Just landing slightly crossed-up and snap... Other than that, I was down-siding the jumps perfectly, no cartwheels, not a thing.

And it wasn't just me, either.. I've seen many others over the last few weeks, doing the same on their 22 buggies and trucks!? What gives?
Are they all 4mm trailing? What's the weather been like?
Casper is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 09:36 AM
  #6821  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I've finally had to go to the aluminum spindles this weekend. Racing in 38*F weather will often dictate a parts swap!
Grandturk is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:18 AM
  #6822  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
AndrewTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 1,429
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I've finally had to go to the aluminum spindles this weekend. Racing in 38*F weather will often dictate a parts swap!
definitely! below 50* I would run the aluminum spindles.
night racing is coming up this May for my area, may have make the switch too!

Originally Posted by weavty1 View Post
Wow, so this last weekend, I broke FOUR (4) spindles on my 22SCT... And the weekend before that, I broke THREE (3) on my 22 buggy!! Just landing slightly crossed-up and snap... Other than that, I was down-siding the jumps perfectly, no cartwheels, not a thing.

And it wasn't just me, either.. I've seen many others over the last few weeks, doing the same on their 22 buggies and trucks!? What gives?
were you/they running the TiNi king pin???
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...King-Pin-Set-2
what was the temperature like???

Originally Posted by slodustin View Post
Not sure if I can post this here? But i'm going to anyway. I'm opening a new track in San Luis Obispo. We are about a week away from being completed. San Luis Obispo is on the CA coast about 10 min. north of Pismo Beach. Look us up on facebook "Boneyard Raceway" We are 1/10 and 1/8 friendly, and the track is about 600' long. So if you feel like getting out of the heat this summer and breathing some cool fresh air, pay us a visit. BTW I have a 22sct so this post is legal.
My cousin lives up in Morro Bay, about how far is it to your track from there???
AndrewTom is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 11:07 AM
  #6823  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,105
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, it gets into the 30's for our winter racing and many more parts break. Those poor Shumacher K1 4wd guys can go through a few front bumpers in a single race day - they have to replace them as it's also the dif cover. DOH!
gticlay is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 12:09 PM
  #6824  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 534
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I would not say rebuilding the diff ever race but yes for large events the top pro's will make sure there cars are top notch. A good diff build should last many runs if everything is setup right but I will agree the pro's will rebuild there diffs at a higher freq then the average racer. They spend a lot more time on there shocks then the typical racers as well.
Yeah, I know - it's just been my experience that people don't rebuild "routine maintenance" items like diffs and shocks, or even cvds, as often as they should. They wait until they have some kind of failure (or rebuild crunchy parts), and then come running to these threads.
pablo040 is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 02:16 PM
  #6825  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: san luis obispo ca
Posts: 114
Default

San luis is 10-15 minutes away.
slodustin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.