Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 03-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Honestly guys give Casper's and Dunfords latest setup a go on ANY track surface aside from full on blue groove. I ran this both on a local low to mid level grip to a full on smoothy indoor clay track and changed only ride height and rear shock angle. It's a good "standard" setup that I feel with a few minor tweaks can work nearly anywhere.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pastaman View Post
Has anyone else had an issue with the driveshaft pins working their way out? I've got a nice groove carved out of my rear hub from the pin sticking out. I built it with blue loc-tite and it stayed in there for several months without a problem. Got a friend running a 22 SCT with the same issue, he's gone through 3 or 4 pins the last few weeks. Any suggestions to keep it in there?
i put RED loctite on my CVA's or any driveshaft.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pastaman View Post
Has anyone else had an issue with the driveshaft pins working their way out? I've got a nice groove carved out of my rear hub from the pin sticking out. I built it with blue loc-tite and it stayed in there for several months without a problem. Got a friend running a 22 SCT with the same issue, he's gone through 3 or 4 pins the last few weeks. Any suggestions to keep it in there?
One trick is to spray out the coupler and the set screw with motor spray to clean these two parts and install it try (no black grease) and loctite it then. Then applly black grease to the joint after the set screw is set through the groove in the bone. Sometimes oils on the parts can keep the thread lock from holding properly.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

my local track is not completely blue groove, on race days in the morning we sweep the track, but as we run on it, it gets more and more blue groove.
whats best for ~blue groove? 2 hole or 4 hole pistons?

my truck is mainly kit set up, running blinky 17.5. The only things i've done is switch to Green front, 3* blocks, move the rear hubs forward, 2 hole pistons, and switched to Buggy Yellow rear springs. and sway bars White/White currently. i have 27.5 in it now, may go up to 30 rear
my truck handles really well, just looking for a little advice/input for ~blue groove
should i try out 25*/5*?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
my local track is not completely blue groove, on race days in the morning we sweep the track, but as we run on it, it gets more and more blue groove.
whats best for ~blue groove? 2 hole or 4 hole pistons?

my truck is mainly kit set up, running blinky 17.5. The only things i've done is switch to Green front, 3* blocks, move the rear hubs forward, 2 hole pistons, and switched to Buggy Yellow rear springs. and sway bars White/White currently. i have 27.5 in it now, may go up to 30 rear
my truck handles really well, just looking for a little advice/input for ~blue groove
should i try out 25*/5*?
Anytime the track gets grooved up I usually look to lower the ride height as much as possible and begin adding more static camber. What do you want out of the truck performance wise?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Anytime the track gets grooved up I usually look to lower the ride height as much as possible and begin adding more static camber. What do you want out of the truck performance wise?
I'd like to get a little more corner speed. track is tight. I can keep up with most of the guys, but it looks like I mainly need more practice, we just changed the track a little (moved the pipes around, flows a little better now.)
my ride heght is currently around 29ish. Losi Ride height gauge) I cannot remember if i set it at 28 or 29 at the track. I am planning on getting to the track during next week, spring break for me to practice.
I am thinking about going to 25*/5* set up, see where that gets me.
-1 camber front and rear.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My local track tends to go from med to high bite by the mains. Im running a modified Casper/dunford setup.

My Changes for higher grip.
Shock ends unscrewed 1.5 front
shock ends flush rear
Yellow front sway bar
hubs middle

truck is good bullt still a little "rollie" when bite is up. Next outing going to try AE Blue up front and AE white or gray in the rear to stiffen up a little.

roc
Old 03-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Theroc View Post
My local track tends to go from med to high bite by the mains. Im running a modified Casper/dunford setup.

My Changes for higher grip.
Shock ends unscrewed 1.5 front
shock ends flush rear
Yellow front sway bar
hubs middle

truck is good bullt still a little "rollie" when bite is up. Next outing going to try AE Blue up front and AE white or gray in the rear to stiffen up a little.

roc
I have 1mm limters internal front and rear, forgot to mention that earlier.
should I take them out?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Team Tekin

I'd like to get a little more corner speed. track is tight. I can keep up with most of the guys, but it looks like I mainly need more practice, we just changed the track a little (moved the pipes around, flows a little better now.)
my ride heght is currently around 29ish. Losi Ride height gauge) I cannot remember if i set it at 28 or 29 at the track. I am planning on getting to the track during next week, spring break for me to practice.
I am thinking about going to 25*/5* set up, see where that gets me.
-1 camber front and rear.
I'd lower the truck down to 27mm and if you haven't yet lengthen your rear wheel base.

If you post up the rest of your setup we can help more and be more detailed about suggested changes.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

how was it lining up the body posts?
I wonder if JC has updated them.
Surprised we haven't seen anybodies from ProLine yet.
I cut it out before paint and then fit it up.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Default set up

front
toe 0*
ride height 28mm body off
camber -1*
3* castor currently, 30* kick
white sway bar. 27.5, 2x1.5mm pistons, truck green, limiters 1mm
1-outside 0mm bumpsteer
Camber link is #1, 2mm under inner ballstud, 0mm outside.

Rear motor, ball diff. 3* toe LRC, -1* camber 2* antisquat
28mm body off. hubs 1mm front. standard width hex. white sway, 27.5-may go to 30. 2x 1.6mm. buggy yellow spring. 1mm limiters
Camber link 1B, 0mm inside, 1mm outside
shock location 2-outside
battery spacing-3 pads back. 7g on top of trans.

tires vary, I really like blockades when its a little loose, but holeshots work really well when it blues up.
i have ran enduros, but they seem to push more. they feel like they have a firmer foam insert then the blockades.
i run Soft front and Super Soft rear, blinky 17.5 so they last decently.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Prophet

front
toe 0*
ride height 28mm body off
camber -1*
3* castor currently, 30* kick
white sway bar. 27.5, 2x1.5mm pistons, truck green, limiters 1mm
1-outside 0mm bumpsteer
Camber link is #1, 2mm under inner ballstud, 0mm outside.

Rear motor, ball diff. 3* toe LRC, -1* camber 2* antisquat
28mm body off. hubs 1mm front. standard width hex. white sway, 27.5-may go to 30. 2x 1.6mm. buggy yellow spring. 1mm limiters
Camber link 1B, 0mm inside, 1mm outside
shock location 2-outside
battery spacing-3 pads back. 7g on top of trans.

tires vary, I really like blockades when its a little loose, but holeshots work really well when it blues up.
i have ran enduros, but they seem to push more. they feel like they have a firmer foam insert then the blockades.
i run Soft front and Super Soft rear, blinky 17.5 so they last decently.
Instead of saying you need more corner speed can you identify where you need more steering. Is the truck pushing into the corner (low speed) or are you lacking high speed (on power) steering. I am assuming you have plenty of rear traction?
Old 03-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just finished putting together my SCT. Do you have to solder your motor up with the motor out? There's a lot of plastic in my way!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
Just finished putting together my SCT. Do you have to solder your motor up with the motor out? There's a lot of plastic in my way!
I take the rear bumper off to solder in my motor. It is only 5 screws to take the rear bumper assy off. Makes it much easier!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Instead of saying you need more corner speed can you identify where you need more steering. Is the truck pushing into the corner (low speed) or are you lacking high speed (on power) steering. I am assuming you have plenty of rear traction?
more on power, sorry, I should have been more specific.
the truck mainly pushed on an off camber corner and a drop off then turn left to the line, that was it.
but i think that was mainly due to tire choice (enduros) I think I will run the Blockades, I think they were better for this track.
rear traction is good, I have tried soft and super soft, both work really well. only when its a loose top layer (practicing, or on race days nobody wants to sweep the track ) could I tell a difference. a lot of guys are running only soft compound all around.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.