Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 03-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I wouldn't mind seeing a return of the hydra drive Seriously, I loved those things.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys im looking to buy a body for my 22 sct and wasnt sure of my choices love the tlr body,but i did all the cut outs and the thing lasted three races .I got hit in the rear and the rear fender just broke off ive been racing sct since it was stated and never had a body fall apart on me so quick.Yes i shoe gooed it,and no i dont wreck all that much well yesterday in the main i wrecked once by getting hit i just need a good tuff body or some ideas on the tlr body .should u do all the cut outs or what
Old 03-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamsc10 View Post
hey guys im looking to buy a body for my 22 sct and wasnt sure of my choices love the tlr body,but i did all the cut outs and the thing lasted three races .I got hit in the rear and the rear fender just broke off ive been racing sct since it was stated and never had a body fall apart on me so quick.Yes i shoe gooed it,and no i dont wreck all that much well yesterday in the main i wrecked once by getting hit i just need a good tuff body or some ideas on the tlr body .should u do all the cut outs or what
I don't cut out the rear squares in the fenders but do the rest of the cutouts in the hood, bed, and roof. The squares in the rear fenders will cause those areas to crack pretty fast.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I don't cut out the rear squares in the fenders but do the rest of the cutouts in the hood, bed, and roof. The squares in the rear fenders will cause those areas to crack pretty fast.
Thanks Casper will do
Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will admit I am normally lazy and replace the gear instead of cleaning it but a little shot of motor spray to get the old grease off you can reuse the gear.

TLR sells a great little rebuild kit for servicing diffs.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR232001
I clean my gears but I mean if you rebuild your diff every few weeks I would assume from the statment "after every two or three races"

Do you reuse your diff and thrust balls?

Or use all new?

I have spare rebuild kits I keep those on hand all the time and I will rebuild a diff before it needs it but most of the time I will reuse the diff balls if the diff feels good prior to tearing it apart.

just wondering how othesrs do it.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Prophet

I would at a minimum replace the main drive rings and thrust bearing.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

I would at a minimum replace the main drive rings and thrust bearing.
Ahah I flip those and the build after that i use a rebuild kit.
gotta save a little cash.

most of my money goes to -------->
Old 03-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Carranza76 View Post
Ahah I flip those and the build after that i use a rebuild kit.
gotta save a little cash.

most of my money goes to -------->
I understand!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I clean my gears but I mean if you rebuild your diff every few weeks I would assume from the statment "after every two or three races"

Do you reuse your diff and thrust balls?

Or use all new?

I have spare rebuild kits I keep those on hand all the time and I will rebuild a diff before it needs it but most of the time I will reuse the diff balls if the diff feels good prior to tearing it apart.

just wondering how othesrs do it.
I'll be honest - I run my ball diffs for a long time between rebuilds. I'm on probably 10 race days with my latest build and am debating whether or not to rebuild it before the Shortcourse Showdown this weekend. To me there's always a level of uncertianty with rebuilding anything that's currently working. I know it's good - so why change it.

Anyway - I do reuse balls and gears and rings - just flip the rings over.

But I'm not a pro driver by any stretch of the imagination and I've only been running 17.5 since the last build.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Running stock you should get a lot more life out of your diffs. My buggy diff lasts what seems forever but loads are much lower with a lighter car and smaller tires. The type of track you drive on and the power you are putting through it all will have a drematic effect on how often you will want to service your diff.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

I never thought aluminum drive shafts were a great idea - but what the heck - had to try them. Got about 5 racedays out of them. So - 15-20 heats plus practice or so. You can se the end snapped off one. You can see the wear from the shaft rubbing the outdrives on the remaining one.

Just FYI for those thinking about these. This was also running 17.5 on indoor tracks - no 1/8 size jumping.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I never thought aluminum drive shafts were a great idea - but what the heck - had to try them. Got about 5 racedays out of them. So - 15-20 heats plus practice or so. You can se the end snapped off one. You can see the wear from the shaft rubbing the outdrives on the remaining one.

Just FYI for those thinking about these. This was also running 17.5 on indoor tracks - no 1/8 size jumping.
I would assume on the 22 buggy on blinky would be better results.

That thing broke right off. You going to use them again? did it make a difference performance wise for you?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

I would assume on the 22 buggy on blinky would be better results.

That thing broke right off. You going to use them again? did it make a difference performance wise for you?
I would assume they old last longer on the buggy as well, but have no hard evidence.

If there were performance improvements I'm not good enough to notice them. Lap times were the same.

They look really cool, though!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Initiate

well i thought about buying those shafts but ive herd of them breaking on stock motors think i will stick with the stock ones
Old 03-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Casper/Hacker, Did Dustin change his short course to mid motor at Cactus? I've been toying with the mid motor idea, just curious.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.