Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 03-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
kv is too big a variable. it is too largely affected by static timing IMO.

when it gets down to it, money in the motor is nothing compared to time on the track.
Thats true but the price for the tekin 17.5 is no different than the other kv's offered by tekin in price range so the what tekin charges for the motor isnt really expensive for a 17.5. I had a viper and it was great but i lake staying all tekin for electronics
Old 03-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
Thats true but the price for the tekin 17.5 is no different than the other kv's offered by tekin in price range so the what tekin charges for the motor isnt really expensive for a 17.5. I had a viper and it was great but i lake staying all tekin for electronics
correct me if im wrong, but you are saying that all the tekin gen2 motors are comparatively (like 17.5, 13.5, 10.5 ....) are the same price to each other?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

If you are counting out the rpm series than yes.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

If you are counting out the rpm series than yes.
well, then all the manufacturers motors are the same price relative to each other, and they are cheaper.
same with the d3.5
same with the vector
same with the x12
same with the vortex
whats your point?

Last edited by AndrewTom; 03-16-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

well, then all the manufacturers motors are the same price relative to each other, and they are $30 cheaper.
same with the d3.5
same with the vector
same with the x12
same with the vortex
whats your point?
Im saying they all are relatively close in power and speed and i primarily run tekin due to the quality products and service.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Im saying they all are relatively close in power and speed and i primarily run tekin due to the quality products and service.
Ok, i primarily run Viper due to their quality products and service.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, i primarily run Viper due to their quality products and service.
cooli have a viper vtx10be in one of my cars but i havent driven it yet,wanted to compare it to my rs pro,the motor is a gen 2 8.5
Old 03-15-2013, 09:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Why is it that "Viper guy" is always trolling vehicle specific threads always bumping up Viper quality and performance? Keep that crap in the Viper specific threads please and let us all talk about the 22SCT here, thanks!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
Why is it that "Viper guy" is always trolling vehicle specific threads always bumping up Viper quality and performance? Keep that crap in the Viper specific threads please and let us all talk about the 22SCT here, thanks!
Ditto i just want to get along and talk about this awesome truck
Old 03-15-2013, 09:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Ditto i just want to get along and talk about this awesome truck
Word!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Word!
Dude i picked up one from an awesome freind of mine 300$ it came with:
22sct
viper vtx10be(new)
Tekin Gen 2 8.5(new)
Savox 1258tg(new)
and misc spares
And a nib spektrum dx3s
Old 03-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Another question for you guys - I see that nearly everyone mounts their ESC in the rear of the car on top of that TLR4154 "battery tray". ESCs aren't super light so this raises the center of gravity. But is the feeling that putting moving weight to the back of the car (as opposed to mounting the ESC towards the front of the car where it could be lower) is more important than raising the center of gravity a bit?
Old 03-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Arboleda View Post
Another question for you guys - I see that nearly everyone mounts their ESC in the rear of the car on top of that TLR4154 "battery tray". ESCs aren't super light so this raises the center of gravity. But is the feeling that putting moving weight to the back of the car (as opposed to mounting the ESC towards the front of the car where it could be lower) is more important than raising the center of gravity a bit?
the #1 thing is room. this truck 2wd, so it is probably best to keep some weight over the rear end, and the esc is a good candidate.
if you were to put the esc up front, that means long wires from esc to motor,
(not the most desirable) and it may throw the weight balance off a little.
I definitely see your reasoning for getting that weight as low as possible.
now this is getting me thinking, may have to do some new arrangements in mine.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Please, that "Tekin guy did the same thing. Really you should be calling out the guy for trolling who asked what motor is best. You can't fault a person for pushing what they think is best for the question asked. You will always get a follower for every brand. At least he has a 22sct and is not here just pushing product for a platform he doesn't have.

Originally Posted by abi787 View Post
hey guy's. I want to buy a new 17.5 .what's the best 17.5 motor for SCT22.
I really like my Viper speed controls and now don't run anything else......

I wouldn't run a Viper motor. In stock class racing they feel down on power and build heat faster then some of their vented counterparts. If you add speed control timing it gets worse. I like my Reedy but the wire tabs broke free and had to be epoxied back in place to prevent shorting. My Orion is very solid and has a good combination of speed and not getting too hot. The Tekin runs cooler then the Gen1 and is very solid, I have not had the pleasure of running my own, just test drives. Though, in stock racing this will all change next month when the new hotness comes out.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have a question about the Hacker/Casper setup. I run 2 different local tracks in the Denver area MHOR and Unser Racing. MHOR is a very high bite small track, I wouldn't call it clay (by high bite I mean you can saw off a set of gold barcodes in one night). Unser is a clay surface that requires watering between rounds and tires last forever (gold compound).

At MHOR the setup works really good. I've been playing around with trying to reduce traction rolling. It isn't really an issue if I drive around it and I'm not off pace so it could just be over driving slightly. Not too concerned here.

At Unser the truck feels loose coming on the straight. By loose, the back end wants to come around under what I think is lighter power application. I'm running the green front springs, didn't get a chance to test the blues yet. I tried changing the shock location (laying down) and that didn't seem to change exit traction. Would moving axle back (longer wheelbase) decrease the rear traction. I guess I'm asking, what would you do to get an on power push rather then being loose.

I guess I need 2 different setups, one for each track. I was just trying to be lazy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.