Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rifraf
I purchased a gently used 22 SCT from the forums,used Caspers set up as I did with my xxx and it was money.I don't see any need for metal trans gears,I have use a Tekin 6.5 a good slipper setting is ALL that is needed...I won the main and was only a lap off of the 4x4SC's...

Casper,I am running 0deg front casters and I have too much turn in..will 5deg help with mid/exit steering?I don't really understand how caster effects steering..Please explain..

Thanks,
More caster will smooth middle though exit steering. Less caster will give more on power steering. You can play with 3 and 5 as TLR offers both for fine tuning. Just a heads up you don't have to jump all the way to 5
Old 03-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
More caster will smooth middle though exit steering. Less caster will give more on power steering. You can play with 3 and 5 as TLR offers both for fine tuning. Just a heads up you don't have to jump all the way to 5
Thanks Sir..I do have both 3 and 5...I will try 3 first an go from there.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ussprinceton
..some people do race with a Slash, after doing an LCG conversion. I think it is necessary to have an all metal gear transmission, like the Traxxas Magnum 272, for the 22SCT. It only makes sense not to have plastic gears in the transmission, especially with today's high powered brushless systems...

Do you really think there were never high powered motors until BL came along?
You might think it necessary, but that's because you don't know any better.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vettle
Thats what i would do. I have never had any transmission problems with any of my 22s, and i run mod class. Dont know if this matters, but i run my gears dry. (no grease)
For some dumb reason, when i posted this, i thought Losi racer was talking about the idler gear in the trans. but i have never had a spur issue either. WOW, the older i get.........
Old 03-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Is it worth going to the vts slipper if I am only running a 10.5?
Old 03-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Initiate

its cool vettle we all get lost on things well just rebuilt another trans and slipper system but this time i rebuilt a ball diff going to compare the differance and see what happens if i burn up another slipper then ive done something wrong... had the book out and followed the pictures on to build it again and everything went into place and theres no binding rolls smooth by hand
Old 03-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Can you guys help me with what bodies will fit the 22SCT? I'm really not a fan of painting bodies or paying $50 for a sticker that goes on them. There's a lot of XXX-SCT and stuff like this: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ilver-Red-Blue
That are available for a very reasonable price. Like these: http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...d+short+course

So anyway, if someone has fit any of these bodies on reasonably well please let me know which ones will work.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastford
Is it worth going to the vts slipper if I am only running a 10.5?
i don't know about the vts, but I actually calculated the surface area of the Avid Tiad slipper vs. the stock losi slipper.
I came up with abotu 700 square mm of surface area on the avid, and over 800 square mm on the stock slipper.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gticlay
Can you guys help me with what bodies will fit the 22SCT? I'm really not a fan of painting bodies or paying $50 for a sticker that goes on them. There's a lot of XXX-SCT and stuff like this: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ilver-Red-Blue
That are available for a very reasonable price. Like these: http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...d+short+course

So anyway, if someone has fit any of these bodies on reasonably well please let me know which ones will work.
the one thing I don't like about this truck is the awckard spacing of the body mounts.
the extra day the engineers could have spent to get the body mounts to line up with the TEN-SCTE would have made me all that much happier with the truck overall.
and the body mounts are uber flimsy on top of that.
I know the Jconcepts Hiflow fits and the Jconcepts Chevrolet 1500 body does as well. (local guy I ran with has a 22sct runs the JC chevy)
Old 03-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

AndrewTom or anyone else..I purchased this truck used here on the forums.
Does anyone know what body this is? I ran this truck for the first time saturday,and I would think there are bodies out there that are more air friendly? Please give me your thoughts..

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-dscn0189.jpg   TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-dscn0193.jpg  
Old 03-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody? Answer to my last question?
Old 03-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rifraf
AndrewTom or anyone else..I purchased this truck used here on the forums.
Does anyone know what body this is? I ran this truck for the first time saturday,and I would think there are bodies out there that are more air friendly? Please give me your thoughts..

Thanks,
thats a ford body. you can tell by the side window, that little step down. it looks like the Parma Raptor body to me, a front grill view would help a lot.
The stock tlr hiflow body is really good for anti-parachuting in my opinion. my XXX-SCT had a PL flowtek, and the TLR feels a lot more stable in tha air. and its easily 2 oz lighter then the flow tek.
the Jconcepts HiFlow should be good. thats my next body, so once I get one, I will let you guys know how I like it.
someone else on here had the JC hiflow body.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jokermayhem
What is needed to do the associated V2 slipper mod? What spring and nut are being used? lastly is there any issue with the gear cover fitting ?
the associated slipper
I think ScottKelly911 has the VTS on his truck, he should be able to tell you if it fits under the gear cover. I don't think it does, but I don't have one.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
thats a ford body. you can tell by the side window, that little step down. it looks like the Parma Raptor body to me, a front grill view would help a lot.
The stock tlr hiflow body is really good for anti-parachuting in my opinion. my XXX-SCT had a PL flowtek, and the TLR feels a lot more stable in tha air. and its easily 2 oz lighter then the flow tek.
the Jconcepts HiFlow should be good. thats my next body, so once I get one, I will let you guys know how I like it.
someone else on here had the JC hiflow body.
Thanks,
Old 03-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ryan/Casper or anyone that may know the answer. Im having a major problem getting my truck around the track consistently. Im running the ryan/casper setup and it feels great on landings and straights but it has way to much steering.

If i run suburbs in the rears ans either barcodes or wishbones in front... It turns like a bus. If i run suburbs in front, it traction rolls on low or highspeed. I cant seem to find a good middle ground.

Can anyone tell me what parts of the setup deal with steering so i can play with those settings?

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.