Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 02-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drepus View Post
Firewood is right it comes in the steering rack bag. TLR1056 is the part number and you'll end up with a spare rack for when you need it.
Well that makes sense then. I thought he meant in the kit not as in replacement parts, I had been looking for just the shims this helps a lot thank you guys.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Well back to Club Racing with my 22SCT in the 17.5 2WD Short Course Class @ PT-Raceway!!! I can't wait for summer and get out doors!!!

Has anyone used the JConcepts Wheel Caps for the 22SCT??? And do the come in any other color???
Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just finished my 22SCT Sunday and took it to Pegasus Hobbies to testdrive. It was my first time back in the hobby for 15 years and the car worked fantastic. Took some bumps that would have destroyed my XXT back in the day but I can report no broken parts and it handled great. My setup was totally stock out of the box except for the TiNi kingpins,AE pistons and diff parts. I've decided to wait to tinker with setups until after I get a few weeks of laps under my belt. As is, it felt awesome. Great work TLR!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

First time running the casper/dunford set up on a very high bite clay track(leisure hours in joilet Ill) I put on black fr springs and ran a pink sway bar up front the truck was pretty good my boy was'nt use to running a track with that much grip. Any advice on taking away some front grip on a very high bite track. There was a high speed sweeper he had problems with I realize he needs to adjust his approach on a track like that but maybe there is more I can do in the set up.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tekinACE View Post
First time running the casper/dunford set up on a very high bite clay track(leisure hours in joilet Ill) I put on black fr springs and ran a pink sway bar up front the truck was pretty good my boy was'nt use to running a track with that much grip. Any advice on taking away some front grip on a very high bite track. There was a high speed sweeper he had problems with I realize he needs to adjust his approach on a track like that but maybe there is more I can do in the set up.
What tires were being used?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by weavty1 View Post
What tires were being used?
Early I was running slicks in the rear a rattlers up front as the track dried out bar code all four
Old 02-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

What compound barcodes?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Just asking, because if it was TOO hooked, you can always go up in tire compound (harder), to get it situated a little more loosely, since you were having too high of traction in some areas.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tekinACE View Post
For really high bite I would take some of the droop back out of the car. This setup is more for med to lower traction with all the droop. As traction goes up to high bite less droop especially in the front would be a good change but it is simple to test as you just adjust the shock end and see how you like it.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks weavty and casper next time i'll try that. Not use to running on a track with to much grip. He did make the a main in mod sc but stock sc was a hack fest and he got frustrated and was over driving and had issues with traction rolling. Thanks again
Old 02-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I suppose this has been asked a thousand times but I had a search and could see a list or answer. Is the a list of conversion parts from 22T to the 22SCT. From the exploded diagrams it appears to only be a handfull of parts and a shell. My reason for asking is I have a 22T sitting there and my would like to run SCT but its the expense of another complete truck. So if its only a few parts he could do it just to get a taste of running SCT.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rusty Old Fart View Post
I suppose this has been asked a thousand times but I had a search and could see a list or answer. Is the a list of conversion parts from 22T to the 22SCT. From the exploded diagrams it appears to only be a handfull of parts and a shell. My reason for asking is I have a 22T sitting there and my would like to run SCT but its the expense of another complete truck. So if its only a few parts he could do it just to get a taste of running SCT.
It's the entire truck minus the transmission and shock towers and steering rack.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
It's the entire truck minus the transmission and shock towers and steering rack.

I read earlier that it used the same arms as the truck and many other pieces were the same. hhmmmm must have it wrong then
Old 02-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rusty Old Fart View Post
I read earlier that it used the same arms as the truck and many other pieces were the same. hhmmmm must have it wrong then
Nope arms are different. One team diver has been using rear 22T arms but thats not the norm.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Nope arms are different. One team diver has been using rear 22T arms but thats not the norm.
My suggestion then is (Keep saving boy)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.