Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 02-10-2013, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
Hi Scott! Hey, you've done an awesome job with this discussion. Though I have checked in from time to time, now that I have a 22, I am reading from front to back. I'm about halfway through lol.

The truck is kit setup with a few option parts. It does have light sway bars front and rear. I just got back from the track with the truck and tools. I know that I have some setup work to do, but was surprised the inside rear unloaded so easily. No biggie, I love the quality of the truck and am looking forward to getting it dialed in.

The track surface is damp, hard packed dirt. I am getting huge traction with my XXX.
Thanks
Thanks for the compliments. Congrats on your truck, it sounds like you're just a few minor tweeks away from having it pretty dialed. I have to say, all the people in this thread have been awesome and helpful toward one another, it's great to have such valuable resources as other experienced racers along with the pros like Ryan Dunford, Casper Nielson and Frank Root along with a few others popping in too! I'd do what Andrew Thom suggested, I think those were good suggestions. Also, which springs and shock oil are you running?
Originally Posted by LBR_Frank View Post
Thanks for posting this on Page 1, referenced it this morning. I also had a trailing arm explode on the driver side. Bummer it was 2nd lap of the first heat... done for the night. Got the aluminum bits and the kingpin mod. Ready to rock. Wish I would have just done it earlier
You're welcome Frank, I'm glad it was helpful to you!
Originally Posted by Guch View Post
Hey Spider were you racing somewhere cold? The spindles can get brittle in the cold. Broke both left and right last night. Mostly because I suck driving and I left my truck in the back of my SUV all day outside before I went racing straight from work. If I bring it in and set it on my desk I'll never get any work done daydreaming about racing and getting bombarded with stupid "is it fast?" questions all day from the other engineers. Still I may buy the alum. version as well. The carriers will be the next to go after I switch. I have to say, you don't see the AE guys breaking like this. For now I'm blaming it on the cold unless someone has some insider info about there being a batch of defective spindles being released in some of the first 22SCT's to hit the shores.
On another note did the traxxas captured steering link mod and all is well. The ball links actually have larger dia. links compared to the 4 mm losi ones so my titanium links go back in my box. Not a big fan of traxxas parts on my 22, may switch over to the SCTE ends.
No defective spindles that I'm aware of. I think it's just that the blend of plastic/nylon that TLR's using isn't friendly to super cold weather, those of us on the Left coast haven't been experiencing the same problems as those of you on the east or in cold climates. I'm with you, normally I wouldn't really care to have any Traxxis parts on my car either, but this is one area that they work VERY well. I haven't had even one problem since I made the switch and I was able to give my truck a little bling while I was at it Remember, you're only doing the steering links, so the rest can stay with your Ti buckles.
Originally Posted by Jokermayhem View Post
I wish there were some "quality" RC tracks around the Buffalo area...there are 3 tracks within an hour of me but they are all unorganized and basically have no rules. It would be sweet to have some real structured racing around my area... sigh.
Sound's like Joker's in need of an RC trip out to Cali to check out our awesome tracks!!! We really are very lucky out here to have many VERY good and world class tracks all within 2 hours of each other and most are within an hour. OCRC and West Coast are only about 15-20 min from each other. I Raced WCRC tonight and OCRC tomorrow, life's good out here! Come on out!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:59 AM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
what are you running for rear camber link inboard? most every setup I have seen says 1B, and kit set up is 2B rear camber link, I would try moving it inward from #2 to inner hole #1. I did, and the rear is much more stable.
Thank you for your reply. You are exactly right, the truck is set up as 2B. Moving it to 1B will be the first thing I try! It's kind of cool that I am able to run kit setup to start with. As I go through all the awesome information listed here, I'll have a "feel" for what each change does. Thanks for your input!

Originally Posted by Jokermayhem View Post
I wish there were some "quality" RC tracks around the Buffalo area...
If you ever happen to make it to Omaha, plan on racing whatever class you want with any of my trucks/buggies/cars you'd like!

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Also, which springs and shock oil are you running?
Thanks Steve. Right now it has blue/yellow and 30 F/R. The guy I got it from is a friend and local Pro-2 "fast guy". Since he only ran it maybe 4 heats, it still needs some setup work and I'm waiting on the body before it hits the track in full "race mode". But, since I had the electronics in, I had to take a few laps

The truck did come with nearly every available option part, so I'm pretty excited to start running it soon!

Thanks
Old 02-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

My boy ran the casper/dunford set up yesterday his stock truck was awesome(TQ and 1st) in his mod 13.5 tekin boosted it was pretty good I would like to get a little more forward traction. I ran the rear hubs in the middle on his mod,would moving them forward help and maybe moving the rear shock to the inside help? He got 3rd in mod so it was pretty good just need a little more forward grip. Thanks for any input.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tekinACE View Post
My boy ran the casper/dunford set up yesterday his stock truck was awesome(TQ and 1st) in his mod 13.5 tekin boosted it was pretty good I would like to get a little more forward traction. I ran the rear hubs in the middle on his mod,would moving them forward help and maybe moving the rear shock to the inside help? He got 3rd in mod so it was pretty good just need a little more forward grip. Thanks for any input.
Yes moving the hubs forward should help with more forward bite. We found this setup with the extra droop really helped with the forward bite so we took out all the weight we were using to try and compensate for this. If you have all the droop settings like we posted the setup and still think you need more forward bite it might not hurt to add 1oz back to the rear and give that a try. In theory a slightly longer rear camber link should help with forward bite as well but I have not tried that to see how it would effect the rest of the setup.

Originally Posted by Guch View Post
Hey Spider were you racing somewhere cold? The spindles can get brittle in the cold. Broke both left and right last night. Mostly because I suck driving and I left my truck in the back of my SUV all day outside before I went racing straight from work. If I bring it in and set it on my desk I'll never get any work done daydreaming about racing and getting bombarded with stupid "is it fast?" questions all day from the other engineers. Still I may buy the alum. version as well. The carriers will be the next to go after I switch. I have to say, you don't see the AE guys breaking like this. For now I'm blaming it on the cold unless someone has some insider info about there being a batch of defective spindles being released in some of the first 22SCT's to hit the shores.
On another note did the traxxas captured steering link mod and all is well. The ball links actually have larger dia. links compared to the 4 mm losi ones so my titanium links go back in my box. Not a big fan of traxxas parts on my 22, may switch over to the SCTE ends.
I had one spindle break due to a full speed collision on the straight with a spun out truck. (only part that broke!) I had a second one break running in pretty cold weather landing awkward off a decent size triple. I went to the alum just because. Most reports of spindles breaking on this truck seem to be cold weather related. Not all but most. And yes engineers drool over these things!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Gonna build my 22SCT later this week. Bought a Radiopost servo on the recommendation of the place I bought it. Anyone know how many shims if any I need with a Radiopost servo?
Old 02-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnmo View Post
Gonna build my 22SCT later this week. Bought a Radiopost servo on the recommendation of the place I bought it. Anyone know how many shims if any I need with a Radiopost servo?
no clue for a radiopost, I run Savox. but I do know it is different if you use the alum. servo horn vs. the plastic one. it was for me.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just wondering with the Dunford/Casper set up what do you mean by use blue springs if you want more push?
Also what do the 1.5 buggy hexes do?
Old 02-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

hey every one just posted a new painted pre cut body for sale if any ones interested

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post11798273
Old 02-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i saw that body, good job!!! my only complaint is that the plastic is so thin, got caught by a basher during warm ups yesterday and blew the whole front end off shattered
Old 02-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rafterman45 View Post
i saw that body, good job!!! my only complaint is that the plastic is so thin, got caught by a basher during warm ups yesterday and blew the whole front end off shattered
thanks

Wow I have about 8 to 10 packs on mine at the track only a few minor cracks ton of wrecks & flips (usual behind the front tires) other then that its ok
Old 02-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KalEl63 View Post
Just wondering with the Dunford/Casper set up what do you mean by use blue springs if you want more push?
Also what do the 1.5 buggy hexes do?
Blue front springs will not have the low speed steering of the green front springs. So depending on your traction and how agressive you like the turn in of your truck you can go to blue front springs to take away some turn in or make the truck "push" going into the corner a little more.

1.5 buggy hexes in the front are slightly wider the the stock hexes.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

can some one tell me the difference in the spindle set TLR1073 & TLR1075?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RcNuttz View Post
can some one tell me the difference in the spindle set TLR1073 & TLR1075?
Basicaly the 1075 have 2mm more trail,meaning the axles sit a further 2mm back from the kingpins than on the 1073's. Most folks feel the 1075's have a smoother turn in than the 1073's.
http://losiracing.blogspot.ca/2012/0...-spindles.html
Old 02-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can I get help with a shopping list for the Dunford/Casper setup.

I'm bringing home a 22sct tomorrow and will build this week. I have no clue what comes stock so i don't know what I need.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by johnmo View Post
Can I get help with a shopping list for the Dunford/Casper setup.

I'm bringing home a 22sct tomorrow and will build this week. I have no clue what comes stock so i don't know what I need.
Here's a list I made based on that setup. It's a personal list so it has some extras like aluminum battery mount, etc. But follow the setup sheet. I included part numbers and descriptions.
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s245/...398464df3c8fa7

tell you right now, get the sway bars

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.