Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 07-20-2012, 01:11 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Stupid question, but does this new body come pre-trimmed (a la 22), or do we have to cut out all those vents ourselves?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/10992434-post257.html
Old 07-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elecRC23
well im watching right now and it says 1:00 free viewing time remaining
its been a while since i used the free membership, but i think it kicks you out, then you get back on line to watch again.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

o okay thanks!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

WOW! Just looked at some results of the SHoot Out. TLR is dominating. Have'nt seen that in a while in Pro 2. Guess I will be preordering after all.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by murky123
yeas sorry, I mis read. but still this truck is way overpriced.
at a 100 dollars more it is not gonna take 2 second a lap of my times
If ya don't like the price don't buy the flippin truck, your bitchin' ain't gonna change the price, this thing will sell out in no time, I am running an RCRD conversion, night and day difference from my xxx-sct, much more planted and stable. I have one on pre-order from KC Hobbies in Michigan, he is selling them pre-paid pre-order for $355 shipped. (906)643-9372 if you want a bad-ass deal on a bad-ass ride.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billjacobs
there are several tires I can think of that work at many tracks (although losi has only a few tire choices, how about the losi ultra digits.) the reason to not include tires is to increase profit on each kit. If you included tires, you couldn't price the truck over $400 (after discounts) and have people accept that. So you price it at $360 and keep the cost of the tires. this is the same thing as the durango desc410v2 not including a body because they say it saves shipping cost. Who is saving the shipping cost? This is a simple way to incrementally increase the cost of r/c to get the most profit out. Another simple question: if the 22t is $279 with 2 bodies, why is the 22sct $359 with 1 body (even if you add $20 for the better diff balls, and another $15 for the bumpers, there is still a $50 difference) I am not complaining about the price, I am simply trying to show that off road kits are going the way of the 4wd sedan. Soon, all of the racing 2wd sct kits will be over $300, and the 4wd kits will be over $400.
If it's a race ready kit, who cares about tires? I would rather save $100 on performance bits and buy a set of tires than have to throw away kit tires and need to still buy my preferred tire and all of the nice lightweight and/or bling parts that I'll be putting on anyway.

And to address the profit mongering theory, ask anyone who works for AE, TLR, Durango, or any other race quality manufacturer. The profit is not in selling kits. They certainly don't lose money on them, but their margin is in selling spare and hop up parts. That's a non-arguable fact.

Back on topic, even though I'll likely never own one, I'm excited to see some new competition in the SC class. Hopefully this attracts both new racers and makes some experienced racers join the class who otherwise may not have. Between this and the new TD truck it's going to be a very fun indoor season this year.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
WOW! Just looked at some results of the SHoot Out. TLR is dominating. Have'nt seen that in a while in Pro 2. Guess I will be preordering after all.
Yep, not sure about Spangler but 5 out of the top 10 are running the SCT! Seems like a good margin to me!

TLR for the WIN
Old 07-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Initiate

This truck looks SOOOO sick and I am happy it ships w/ the high performance body and 2 sets of wheels...however the price is outrageous, I didn't go kyosho for a reason! Anyway, got one preordered and am going to put a pro4 and an rspro in it!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigzeus
This truck looks SOOOO sick and I am happy it ships w/ the high performance body and 2 sets of wheels...however the price is outrageous, I didn't go kyosho for a reason! Anyway, got one preordered and am going to put a pro4 and an rspro in it!
A Pro4? You will tear that tranny to pieces. Not to mention you cant run a Pro 4 with an rs pro.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Yeah my bad on the tires, I mis-read that..but on the rims..I don't know how your tracks are on the rim style but where I'm at it's beadlock style rims only..so the "extra" dish style rims do me no good..and on the tires..why no tires? the one on the truck in the photos look pretty good....and on the FT SC10 it comes with a pretty good set of tires stock..so..what the heck Frank..I'm buying one but once I get it I'm out another $70 bucks for tires....so it's going to bring the total closer to $480..
There will always be many tracks that specific tires will not work on. If you took the M3 Holeshot for example, one of the most versitile tires of all time, a pair of these would be absolutely useless on an indoor clay track. A 2nd set of wheels...well they work everywhere...

Originally Posted by billjacobs
there are several tires I can think of that work at many tracks (although losi has only a few tire choices, how about the losi ultra digits.) the reason to not include tires is to increase profit on each kit. If you included tires, you couldn't price the truck over $400 (after discounts) and have people accept that. So you price it at $360 and keep the cost of the tires. this is the same thing as the durango desc410v2 not including a body because they say it saves shipping cost. Who is saving the shipping cost? This is a simple way to incrementally increase the cost of r/c to get the most profit out. Another simple question: if the 22t is $279 with 2 bodies, why is the 22sct $359 with 1 body (even if you add $20 for the better diff balls, and another $15 for the bumpers, there is still a $50 difference) I am not complaining about the price, I am simply trying to show that off road kits are going the way of the 4wd sedan. Soon, all of the racing 2wd sct kits will be over $300, and the 4wd kits will be over $400.
The 22SCT has many updated parts, and the sheer size of the chassis, additional bumper and body mount pieces, extra hardware all add up to the price increase.

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Stupid question, but does this new body come pre-trimmed (a la 22), or do we have to cut out all those vents ourselves?

If it comes pre-cut, then I'll never use a different body EVER again.
Comes with a body that is pre-cut around the edges. You will have to punch out the mounting holes, and the cut-outs in the body if you choose. We actually thought about this one quite a bit, and many users when asked would prefer not to have the holes cut out for added durability. Clearly, you can cut out the holes if you get a body that isn't pre-cut, but you really can't add the lexan back in if the body is pre-cut.

We are offering a replacement body that is pre-cut though, and the street price is only $5 higher. Check it out:

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdId=TLR0129
Old 07-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Saw the 22SCT at West Coast Raceway tonight with John Shultz from TLR. Very nice short course and I know this kit will do well .
Old 07-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am keen to find out how the mid motor configuration works for people who have done it on the 22 / 22T. What are the PROs and CONs?
Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

I wonder if they will come out with a conversion kit to convert the xxx-sct to this new truck?
Old 07-21-2012, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1
I wonder if they will come out with a conversion kit to convert the xxx-sct to this new truck?
Is that a Joke? , the whole truck is totally different!
Old 07-21-2012, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

they did come out with the conversion part # TLR0024,

Heres the link http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdId=TLR0024

Enjoy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.