Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 07-20-2012, 12:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Since you know what the track is like there, what would you recommend as tire selections and in what compound for this truck?
Old 07-20-2012, 12:47 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer View Post
Frank/Ryan,

Will parts be available at time of release? Hate to go pre-order 2 trucks only to find out that parts won't be available until Christmas!
Won't have to worry about that. The truck will ship in August, and the parts come in at the same time, that's a policy or ours. Part usually all go out within a week of the vehicle.

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
One thing that I think is interesting, probably not needed, but definitely nice to have another tuning aid and something we haven't really seen in 2wd SC is that it has optional Sway-bars. Again, just another tuning aid, probably not necessary, but very nice to have the option already built in and thought of ahead of time.

Frank/TLR members, what tooth Spur gears will be included? I know with my RCRD conversion, I needed a much larger spur than came with the 22T kit, so I had to use the AE 84T spur gear to get the correct gearing for mod SC. So I'm just curious what gears come with the truck and what you're running for the HRH Shootout, obviously different tracks/conditions/motors require different gearing, but inquiring minds wanna know

BTW Frank, congrats on getting the Cover Art of your Truck! That's quite an honor bestowed upon you, Congratulations, it looks SICK!!!
Thanks Scott! The truck does come with 78T and 86T spurs. The 78T is for NT 17.5 racing, and the 86 for boosted and mod racing. We are really looking to take care of the consumer from all angles.

Originally Posted by Lowrance View Post
In the feature list its says "Full ball bearings including steering"

Where are the bearings in the steering with the slide/rack steering setup.
No bearings on the steering rack, that's a typo and will be fixed shortly.

Originally Posted by fretch View Post
Anyone know if stick packs will fit with mid motor configuration?
Yes it will, all you need is the aluminum battery brace with the optional mounting holes, and you'll be all set. You will take away a bit of the electronics mounting space though.

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
A little birdie told me today truck comes with blue and black front springs and pink rear springs if I remember right.
I might suggest not listening to stranger birdies, little or otherwise...

The truck somes with Blue front and Yellow rear springs.

Originally Posted by murky123 View Post
wy is this 2wd SC truck more expensive to buy than most 4wd SC trucks ??
I dont get it.

truck looks nice, but it is way overpriced
Quality, simply and pure. You really get what you pay for, and the fit and finish of this kit is second to none. We've really pulled out all the stops, added parts that were previously option parts like tungsten carbide diff and thrust balls, and bleeder shock caps and included them. We have upgraded the bearings, slipper plates, diff out drives just to name a few. All these upgrade make a better performing and more durable/reliable truck. These things are not free though, and with all that great stuff, the price is a little higher. We could ship it for $100 less, but it wouldn't be a truck we'd be proud of, and not one you would be looking forward to like this

One other note, this truck comes with 2 sets of wheels and NO tires. Not sure if/where that was listed, but no tires are included.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just a reminder to everyone, please refer back to the first post on the first page periodically as I'm keeping it updated to reflect the most up to date information from what's in the kit, to upgrades to build tips etc. I've already listed many things that have been discussed within this thread and listed some optional parts as well. Keep the info flowing guys!

Thanks Frank for the info about the springs and spur gears! It's been noted in the first post.

If anyone thinks something should be "Front Page" listed material, please feel free to PM me with the info and part numbers if applicable. Thanks, this thread is for everyone and we'll all benefit if we all participate in helping make it informative with easy to find info all in one place!
Old 07-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
Quality, simply and pure. You really get what you pay for, and the fit and finish of this kit is second to none. We've really pulled out all the stops, added parts that were previously option parts like tungsten carbide diff and thrust balls, and bleeder shock caps and included them. We have upgraded the bearings, slipper plates, diff out drives just to name a few. All these upgrade make a better performing and more durable/reliable truck. These things are not free though, and with all that great stuff, the price is a little higher. We could ship it for $100 less, but it wouldn't be a truck we'd be proud of, and not one you would be looking forward to like this

One other note, this truck comes with 2 sets of wheels and NO tires. Not sure if/where that was listed, but no tires are included.
No doubt this is a great and fast + durable truck, Ive owned a 22 buggy and it is the most durable buggy I know.
I have faith in the 22 platform.

but every manufacturer says the same about their products.
Like what you say about finnish is second to none, heavy duty parts,upgraded parts.

losi says it about their new truck
AE says it about their new truck
Durango says it about their new truck
and others tell customers the same thing

as a manufacturer you always want to pruduce something your proud of, right?
Old 07-20-2012, 02:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Looks like I will be getting the first 22sct that comes to my LHS!
Old 07-20-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default price?

From what I'm seeing, the level of detail, performance parts selection. quality of materials and design...

I think the price being asked is more than fair.

I have two of each of the currently released 22 platform vehicles (22, 22T). I consider them, in terms of durability, an 1/8 scale platform.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No doubt this is a great and fast + durable truck, Ive owned a 22 buggy and it is the most durable buggy I know.
I have faith in the 22 platform.

but every manufacturer says the same about their products.
Like what you say about finnish is second to none, heavy duty parts,upgraded parts.

losi says it about their new truck
AE says it about their new truck
Durango says it about their new truck
and others tell customers the same thing

as a manufacturer you always want to pruduce something your proud of, right?
Thankfully the choice is yours whether to buy or not. No one is forcing you to buy the 22SCT. There are plenty of cheaper trucks out there.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Just a reminder for everyone. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether you agree or disagree. So far everything has been civil and lets continue to have civil and productive discussions around the truck.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is there going to be a conv for the 22t to convert it to a 22sct?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yodace View Post
Is there going to be a conv for the 22t to convert it to a 22sct?
I am 99.9% sure Frank said no to this earlier in the thread.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Just a reminder to everyone, please refer back to the first post on the first page periodically as I'm keeping it updated to reflect the most up to date information from what's in the kit, to upgrades to build tips etc. I've already listed many things that have been discussed within this thread and listed some optional parts as well. Keep the info flowing guys!

Thanks Frank for the info about the springs and spur gears! It's been noted in the first post.

If anyone thinks something should be "Front Page" listed material, please feel free to PM me with the info and part numbers if applicable. Thanks, this thread is for everyone and we'll all benefit if we all participate in helping make it informative with easy to find info all in one place!
Could you please add this to my quote in the first post of this thread: This guy is a freaking genius!!!!

Thanks!!! LMAO
Old 07-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Don't know why so cheap (I know it's expensive..but..) MAP IS $369..so dealer cost is going to be in the neighbourhood of of $280..that's based on 20% mark up..And some of you guys are forgetting that it comes with 2 full sets of tires, body that works, and it looks like it has most of the hop ups right up front, comes with 2 different springs (soft & firms) it's all in the details..I'll pay extra for it..anyone want to buy a AE SC10 FT...
Guess you missed that "extra" full set of tires ($60 right there) a body that works..(the stock SC10 body does not work that good). You get "extra" springs ($15) and you get the "extra" parts to turn it to mid motor..so the way I see it is you will spend that $100 to get your SC10 to work right..So my suggestion is don't buy one..it'll just give me an advantage..
no im not.
I want to choose my own tires. I do not care if the manufacturer provides 2 sets of tires.
Just to clear up some confusion there are no tires included with the 22SCT but there are 2 complete sets of wheels.

One thing I think people are glossing over too is this is the first of the 22-series of vehicles that comes setup with the bleeder caps for emulsion-style shocks and not bladder shocks out-of-the-box. These were an option part previously that, again, adds value to the truck.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I really like the looks of this kit. I own both the 22 and 22t and to say the least they are the best and most competitive kits in their class. If that is the case then i am sure that the 22SC will be the best.

The 22 and 22t do not come with upgrades and extras like the 22SC so i am psyched about that.

To all of the people complaining about the price... uhm lets see!

SC10 FT - $250, comes with crappay boday so you will most likely have to upgrade that ($30) and paint it or get it custom painted (about $40)
does not come with hexes which most racers stress about and buy the hexes for it ($10). The blue anodized parts are just anodized blue... woohoo putting the aluminum in a machine for 2 seconds to make it purttyyy. Every racer will buy at some point new wheels and tires and for a set that is $60 and some buy more if you are competitive.
you are well past the price of a 22sc for just that there. Not including most parts break on the sc10 unlike the 22 line of kits

Lets see...
22SC - $360, comes with great body ($30) (just need paint), 2 sets of wheels, dishes, and beads ($30), bleeder aluminum shock caps ($30), aluminum chassis that wont snap ($50), extra springs ($15), and more. It also wont break like the other SC kits out there.
So if the 22sc were $260 like the sc10 without these upgrades then you would find yourself at the price of the kit knocked down a few dollars to make it a fair price. TLR is treating us with this kit on the price.
With all these upgrades included you wont find yourself spending gas money and time to go buy parts from a hobby shop or track and one track or shop may not even have all the upgrades.

So overal this will be the best 2WD SC out on the market for a while just by looking at it. This kit screams the word COMPETITIVE!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK View Post
Just to clear up some confusion there are no tires included with the 22SCT but there are 2 complete sets of wheels.

One thing I think people are glossing over too is this is the first of the 22-series of vehicles that comes setup with the bleeder caps for emulsion-style shocks and not bladder shocks out-of-the-box. These were an option part previously that, again, adds value to the truck.
Yeah my bad on the tires, I mis-read that..but on the rims..I don't know how your tracks are on the rim style but where I'm at it's beadlock style rims only..so the "extra" dish style rims do me no good..and on the tires..why no tires? the one on the truck in the photos look pretty good....and on the FT SC10 it comes with a pretty good set of tires stock..so..what the heck Frank..I'm buying one but once I get it I'm out another $70 bucks for tires....so it's going to bring the total closer to $480..
Old 07-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Yeah my bad on the tires, I mis-read that..but on the rims..I don't know how your tracks are on the rim style but where I'm at it's beadlock style rims only..so the "extra" dish style rims do me no good..and on the tires..why no tires? the one on the truck in the photos look pretty good....and on the FT SC10 it comes with a pretty good set of tires stock..so..what the heck Frank..I'm buying one but once I get it I'm out another $70 bucks for tires....so it's going to bring the total closer to $480..
the dishes aren't full on rims. the dishes go on the rims separately. without the dishes there are two sets of 6 spoke style wheels.

every track requires a different type of tire. my stock xxx-sct tires are sitting here brand new. They don't work on my track. i'm glad i'll be able to get the tires that work on my track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.