Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 10-09-2012, 06:54 PM
  #3541  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prudenville Mi.
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gifford450 View Post
thanks for the tip!
I use clear duct tape in the areas that rub such as body post holes and top of wheel wells and shoo goo in the stress areas.
hobbyten is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 07:01 PM
  #3542  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Connectict
Posts: 267
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking Nice!

:
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Hahahha I ran it on Sunday! I did use your body though hahhaha Rich brought me my body on Sunday so I didn't have time to Shoe goo the wheel wells and areas around the body post holes etc. So I didn't want to ruin it in one run lol But I ran the truck! See you on Saturday?
Scott, truck looks killer!
Jimmy Lauri is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 07:07 PM
  #3543  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (105)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,982
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GNS Racing 86 View Post
this is for the diff experts. im not complaining first of all.. lol

im getting ready to rebuild my diff. one of the thrust washers on the center screw disinigrated after about 5 race days and 5 practice days (20 battery packs) on my very 1st run it was too loose and barked a couple of times, would this cause this or should i look for another cause.... my last race it would work good for about the 1st minute then it acted like a loose slipper. it did this everytime i put it on the track, i kept tightening the slipper, then figured it out that is was the diff. tightened it 1/2 turn. the tires would free spin about 1/2 to 3/4 turn when bench testing it... then blew after 1 lap. the disc and gear balls look perfect.. i did the matt castialano vidio build and breakin....

thanks for your input....
I had the same thing happen on my 22T on my first race night. Not sure why but I replaced it and still running great on the new one! These diffs are tricky and need to be run a lot tighter than any other dif I have ever had. BUT that being said they are also great vehicles! Still drooling over my 22SCT sitting at my work table in the box. 12 hour shifts suck!
thecman26 is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 07:32 PM
  #3544  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
GNS Racing 86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kalkaska Michigan
Posts: 322
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
I had the same thing happen on my 22T on my first race night. Not sure why but I replaced it and still running great on the new one! These diffs are tricky and need to be run a lot tighter than any other dif I have ever had. BUT that being said they are also great vehicles! Still drooling over my 22SCT sitting at my work table in the box. 12 hour shifts suck!
was your center screw nut different in the rebuild kit ?

the kit im using is tlr2962 and the stock center nut was 1 piece and the one that came in the kit has a nylock nut that fits into the outdrive plastic nut holder. stock #tlr2946 in the manual ( 1 piece construction ) and the one in the kit is 2 pieces. also im using B-Fast pro diff lube... has anyone else tried this diff lube ?

ya, I love the sct22 handle like a dream.. a couple of us got them right away and now some of the hardcore AE guys have switched to losi. i should have backed off a few times racing so they didnt go so fast LOL. now i have to beat other 22's LOL
GNS Racing 86 is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 PM
  #3545  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (15)
 
Alqwad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default 2 hole pistons

For those that are interested, the new AE 12mm pistons are a perfect fit for the 22 platform shocks. Many are converting the existing pistons to the two hole versions with CA and kicker. I did this as well until I took a chance with these. They have two holes and come in the three sizes most are making/using (1.5, 1.6, 1.7). Each set has 4 of each size. All for around 4 dollars. One more benefit... The flashing is attached at the top of the piston and not the side. This makes it easier to install without having to prep or smooth out the side. Here's the part number ASC91308. I got three sets @ Nitro House. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-piston.jpg  
Alqwad is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 08:16 PM
  #3546  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (105)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,982
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GNS Racing 86 View Post
was your center screw nut different in the rebuild kit ?

the kit im using is tlr2962 and the stock center nut was 1 piece and the one that came in the kit has a nylock nut that fits into the outdrive plastic nut holder. stock #tlr2946 in the manual ( 1 piece construction ) and the one in the kit is 2 pieces. also im using B-Fast pro diff lube... has anyone else tried this diff lube ?

ya, I love the sct22 handle like a dream.. a couple of us got them right away and now some of the hardcore AE guys have switched to losi. i should have backed off a few times racing so they didnt go so fast LOL. now i have to beat other 22's LOL
I didn't get the kit just a new screw and thrust bearing assembly, when it blew it bent the heck outta the diff screw. I didn't swap out the nut. Threw it together and made sure it was set tight enough.
thecman26 is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:06 PM
  #3547  
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-w-X-Drive-85T
this what i got from lhs to day later time to drive
vito is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM
  #3548  
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

ok how big of pack do i need with that set up. i got a 2s 25 c 4000mh
vito is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:19 PM
  #3549  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,751
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vito View Post
ok how big of pack do i need with that set up. i got a 2s 25 c 4000mh
for bashing I'd get the biggest MAH battery you can find. you could also use two 4000 or 5000 batteries and charge one while your using the other in your truck hey look a bunny rabbit
goehm is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 PM
  #3550  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
easye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 885
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
You spread shoe goo in areas that the body will rub so the paint does not get rubbed off . Also put it is stress areas to help prevent cracking . Shoe goo should be in every racer`s box !
And dry wall tape
easye is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 11:47 PM
  #3551  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
HollywoodRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Cool Pistons

Originally Posted by Alqwad View Post
For those that are interested, the new AE 12mm pistons are a perfect fit for the 22 platform shocks. Many are converting the existing pistons to the two hole versions with CA and kicker. I did this as well until I took a chance with these. They have two holes and come in the three sizes most are making/using (1.5, 1.6, 1.7). Each set has 4 of each size. All for around 4 dollars. One more benefit... The flashing is attached at the top of the piston and not the side. This makes it easier to install without having to prep or smooth out the side. Here's the part number ASC91308. I got three sets @ Nitro House. Good luck.
Are you using the 2 hole pistons for both the front and rear?
HollywoodRC is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 PM
  #3552  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
HollywoodRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Cool Weight

How much weight are you guys adding and where. I had the XXX-SCT and added weight to both front and rear. The 22SCT feels much lighter but more balanced.
HollywoodRC is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:06 AM
  #3553  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (105)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,982
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HollywoodRC View Post
How much weight are you guys adding and where. I had the XXX-SCT and added weight to both front and rear. The 22SCT feels much lighter but more balanced.
If this is anything like the 22T, I would think adding weight to the rear would be ok. Thats where I am going to start, maybe an ounce to the rear (1/2 oz on top of the transmission and 1/4 ounce on each side of the rear of the chassis).
thecman26 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:09 AM
  #3554  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (38)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,667
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Have any of you guys tried the wider rear hexes? And what can I expect as far as handling goes by running the wider rear hexs..I have a set of the .75 and was wondering..
Oasis is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:41 AM
  #3555  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Have any of you guys tried the wider rear hexes? And what can I expect as far as handling goes by running the wider rear hexs..I have a set of the .75 and was wondering..
Should give a little more forward bite and feel a little more stable.
Casper is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.