Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Tekin does not boost to 80! You can only go to 80 setting in advance timing and that is only for dual or senorless mode. That is why we are all confused!

I bet those are JC Monroe parts.
Sorry I'm confused - when in my dash board it says "boost" for the timing advancement value of 80. I'm not mistaking it for "turbo" - I looked on the tekin web and it also shows the word boost. So I thought boost was the name they used for timing ? I think... now I'm confused LOL.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmackhurry
Sorry I'm confused - when in my dash board it says "boost" for the timing advancement value of 80. I'm not mistaking it for "turbo" - I looked on the tekin web and it also shows the word boost. So I thought boost was the name they used for timing ? I think... now I'm confused LOL.
There's Adavanced Timing, For when running DUAL MODE and theres BOOST TIMING for when running SENSORED ONLY mode. Advanced timing goes from 0-100 I beleive, where as Boost timing mode goes from 0-55 I think. They are on the same page but Advanced is the far left. If you are running boost timing it doesnt matter what your advanced timing is set at....
If your having trouble try READING the manual, they can be very helpful. also check out teamtekin driver setup pages...
Old 10-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone have pics of the mid motor setup with r10?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

got a new esc with the money i made its a novak gtb 2 thanks
Old 10-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
got a new esc with the money i made its a novak gtb 2 thanks
What?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Old 10-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Old 10-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dougoilman661
Anyone have pics of the mid motor setup with r10?
If you search my name under the brushless hobbies esc thread I have some posted with my B/H ESC. It is very similar in size to the r10, and even has a huge capacitor as well
Old 10-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Shock Pre load

This is probably a stupid question, but if I wanted to know what the settings were supposed to be for preload on the shocks, is there some place I could go to find that out?

First place to look is the owner's manual. It is not there. Second is a search of this forum. Doing a search of this forum for shock pre load and similar requests results in "no matches found".

Any suggestions for where I could find that information?
Old 10-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GreyBeard
This is probably a stupid question, but if I wanted to know what the settings were supposed to be for preload on the shocks, is there some place I could go to find that out?

First place to look is the owner's manual. It is not there. Second is a search of this forum. Doing a search of this forum for shock pre load and similar requests results in "no matches found".

Any suggestions for where I could find that information?
Are you referring to rebound ?
Old 10-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Shock Preload

No. I am talking about the pre load collars. (Part Number TLR 5094 Shock Preload Adjuster Nut with O-ring)

It is the collar/nut that goes around the shock body, that holds the spring at the top. The spring is held at the bottom by the Spring Cup, Part TLR 5095

You adjust this collar up or down, the spring is relaxed or compressed it is called preload.

Other manuals show what the distance is from the top of the collar to the bottom of the shock cap.

I am getting kind of exasperated that I can't find the info. It is exactly like having a picture of a turnbuckle in a manual but no length shown. Put it together and use your own judgement about how long it should be?

Well, I called Horizon and talked with a nice guy in technical support. He knew what I was talking about but the final answer was he didn't have the info.

He went so far as to find a 22SCT that someone had put together, found some calipers and measured the front and back settings. But he didn't have the numbers as part of his technical info.

Can anyone help me? If I have sounded like I am ranting, I really appologize. It just seems like the numbers ought to be simple to find, not impossible.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

there really isnt a set preload adjustment. You raise or lower them to get the ride height you want
Old 10-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vito
the bus lol
Old 10-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Vito....the bus.... i dig it man! looks good bro!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GreyBeard
No. I am talking about the pre load collars. (Part Number TLR 5094 Shock Preload Adjuster Nut with O-ring)

It is the collar/nut that goes around the shock body, that holds the spring at the top. The spring is held at the bottom by the Spring Cup, Part TLR 5095

You adjust this collar up or down, the spring is relaxed or compressed it is called preload.

Other manuals show what the distance is from the top of the collar to the bottom of the shock cap.

I am getting kind of exasperated that I can't find the info. It is exactly like having a picture of a turnbuckle in a manual but no length shown. Put it together and use your own judgement about how long it should be?

Well, I called Horizon and talked with a nice guy in technical support. He knew what I was talking about but the final answer was he didn't have the info.

He went so far as to find a 22SCT that someone had put together, found some calipers and measured the front and back settings. But he didn't have the numbers as part of his technical info.

Can anyone help me? If I have sounded like I am ranting, I really appologize. It just seems like the numbers ought to be simple to find, not impossible.
You adjust the shock collars to set your desired ride height . There is no magic number as you will be changing them to the track conditions depending on your setup . A good starting point is to have the rear axles level and front arms level . The Pro setups have the ride height measurements listed which is also a good starting point .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.