Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 09-26-2012, 07:54 PM
  #3256  
TLRacing
 
Todd Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,679
Default

Originally Posted by pizza View Post
Box stock setup with tranny mod and ball cup mod. Small indoor clay track with medium bite. Truck is pushing bad. Any reccomendations would be appreciated.
Have you tried removing the transmission mod (lower tranny back to stock height)? I assume when you say transmission mod you are referring to a raised tranny?
Todd Hodge is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 PM
  #3257  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 449
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Yes sorry raised transmission. No I haven't lowered the transmission back down. Is that what you recommend?
pizza is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 05:09 AM
  #3258  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (58)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 602
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Anyone else having issues spinning idler gears?
Prostreet314 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 07:18 AM
  #3259  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

You know I ordered the new ball cups but after two qualifiers and a main I had no issues and I didnt mod anything so far. I drive pretty hard as I am still new to racing (been racing for 6 months in the hobby for 9months)and also hit some pretty hard landings and nothing yet. Cross's fingers!!!
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 07:29 AM
  #3260  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carranza76 View Post
You know I ordered the new ball cups but after two qualifiers and a main I had no issues and I didnt mod anything so far. I drive pretty hard as I am still new to racing (been racing for 6 months in the hobby for 9months)and also hit some pretty hard landings and nothing yet. Cross's fingers!!!
I've knocked a ball up off exactly twice in 4-5 racedays with it now, lots and lots of battery packs. First time was my very first qualifier with it and was very upsetting. This was with a modded ball cup and stock steering rack.

Second time was sliding sideways into a pipe - maybe 2nd time out. Since then I have not popped any cups. I have modded the steering rack.

The last run i did with it I beat the hell out of the truck and no pops. I almost don't want to Change the cups at this point.
Grandturk is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 07:58 AM
  #3261  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I've knocked a ball up off exactly twice in 4-5 racedays with it now, lots and lots of battery packs. First time was my very first qualifier with it and was very upsetting. This was with a modded ball cup and stock steering rack.

Second time was sliding sideways into a pipe - maybe 2nd time out. Since then I have not popped any cups. I have modded the steering rack.

The last run i did with it I beat the hell out of the truck and no pops. I almost don't want to Change the cups at this point.

If its working don't fix it!!
I ordered them to have as a back up in case I start having problems cause you never know but for now i have no mods. It I pop one I will make the mod and if I pop after that I will switch. Noo need to waste parts if I don't have to!.
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:36 AM
  #3262  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 820
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Prostreet314 View Post
Anyone else having issues spinning idler gears?
Yes I had one fail laser time out I was pretty pissed because there is no reason for it to fail I am running a 10.5 with the slipper really loose. I am taking it out again tonight to see if it holds up
adubaz7 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 11:29 AM
  #3263  
Tech Adept
 
Jadair43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Posts: 210
Default

Originally Posted by adubaz7 View Post
Yes I had one fail laser time out I was pretty pissed because there is no reason for it to fail I am running a 10.5 with the slipper really loose. I am taking it out again tonight to see if it holds up
I've noticed one spot in mine that seems to stick, I thought it was the diff until I took everything apart and just rolled the gears by hand with no diff. The gears look fine but have one sticking point. You can feel it and hear it when tires are on.

I run on a carpet track, I'm going to try the gear diff this weekend and see how the truck handles it.
Jadair43 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 12:33 PM
  #3264  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: KTown, AZ
Posts: 297
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Just wondering if anyone has weighed the sc? With or with out elect?
drt_racer5 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:14 PM
  #3265  
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

just got the new ball cups ty you hh and tlr
vito is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 03:32 PM
  #3266  
Tech Apprentice
 
gifford450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 70
Default

does anyone know if the new ball cups are now in the kit or do we still have to call to get the replacement ball cups?
gifford450 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 03:34 PM
  #3267  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gifford450 View Post
does anyone know if the new ball cups are now in the kit or do we still have to call to get the replacement ball cups?
I beleive but don't know for a fact. They should still be on there first shipment of kits that would be old cups.
Casper is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 03:40 PM
  #3268  
Tech Apprentice
 
gifford450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 70
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I beleive but don't know for a fact. They should still be on there first shipment of kits that would be old cups.
ok i was wondering bc i planning on getting the kit really soon from my lhs and didnt know if they would be in there or not.
gifford450 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 03:42 PM
  #3269  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
AlienModified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 484
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gifford450 View Post
ok i was wondering bc i planning on getting the kit really soon from my lhs and didnt know if they would be in there or not.
Call and order the ball cups before you order the kit so you have them for the build.
AlienModified is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 03:44 PM
  #3270  
Tech Apprentice
 
gifford450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 70
Default

Originally Posted by AlienModified View Post
Call and order the ball cups before you order the kit so you have them for the build.
so u dont have to have any proof that you own the truck to get the new ball cups?
gifford450 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.