Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 09-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastford View Post
Called and got them ordered. Thanks
Me too, easy process, especially if they have you on file already. I even made an address change and was off the phone in under 2 minutes.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlienModified View Post
Me too, easy process, especially if they have you on file already. I even made an address change and was off the phone in under 2 minutes.
I would call but something tells me they wont send me a pair over the Pacific!

Ill just keep modding mine for now :P

Took the truck for a few laps before work, think I may have been lucky, no barking, no slipping and diff still feels buttery.

Dont think I managed to flat spot them.

P.S. This truck + AKA GridIrons in Soft = Grip when you need and controllable power slides.

Can you tell I love my 22SCT?
Old 09-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post

P.S. This truck + AKA GridIrons in Soft = Grip when you need and controllable power slides.

Can you tell I love my 22SCT?
I've been doing that with 3D's and CityBlocks on a 17.5. The balance and control of this truck is unreal.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have 2 different warehouses here at Horizon for the States. All of the "New Ballcups" are here in CA.

When you call in you either get routed to IL or CA. Both teams can get you taken care of so it does not matter where your call goes

Its slow right now if youd like to call in ... And Yes, we ship over the pacific

HH Prod Supt- 877 504 0233

Last edited by Silver04RS; 09-24-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

How much does the diff factor in to steering into the corner? I'm running the kit setup, with these changes:
White rear springs
5* front caster blacks
Moved tops of rear shocks out one hole.

My times are getting better every run, but I'm pushing in the corners. It's on a hard pack track with a light dusting on top.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

How much does the diff factor in to steering into the corner? I'm running the kit setup, with these changes:
White rear springs
5* front caster blacks
Moved tops of rear shocks out one hole.

My times are getting better every run, but I'm pushing in the corners. It's on a hard pack track with a light dusting on top.
I have exactly the same track, running a completely stock kit with a 5300mah battery all the way to the back and AKA Grid Irons in Soft on all four corners.

I dont push in corners.

Biggest thing to get right first off is Tyres.

What tyres are you running? Are you running different fronts to rears? Change them round and see how you go.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

I have exactly the same track, running a completely stock kit with a 5300mah battery all the way to the back and AKA Grid Irons in Soft on all four corners.

I dont push in corners.

Biggest thing to get right first off is Tyres.

What tyres are you running? Are you running different fronts to rears? Change them round and see how you go.
Barcodes, Switches, 3Ds, CityBlocks. Tried them all. It wants to go wide every time.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
To All, If you contact customer service at Horizon, they do have the updated ball cups to send out now. This will help some. Second, once one pops like this, because of the way they pop, it stretches the cup length wise. This makes it feel hard to pop on, but will come off easier in the long run.

Also, I suggest grinding the hex portion of both ball studs on the inside and outside. After I did this and put fresh ball cups on, havent had any issues at all.
Talk about product support! I called in and the guy already knew who I was and my address! Nice to hear companies are actually using caller ID!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
You can paint it pink and call it Malibu Barbie's Dream Truck if you want.
Hahahha dont give me any ideas, I run at the same track as him. I'm gonna conspire with his dad on that one!!! Watch out Kyle, keep ur truck body with you at all times...be warned!!!
Barcodes, Switches, 3Ds, CityBlocks. Tried them all. It wants to go wide every time.
I dont know which set up ur using but try moving the rear arms forward by moving the all the washers that sit on the rear hingepins to behind the arms. Also u may want to try using the inside holes on the bottom shock mount. But remember one setup change T a time so u know what it does to ur truck. Also remember what one change does to a vehicle on one surface may actually have the opposite effect on a different surface and driving style. So dont be afraid to play with the tuning options.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Also try moving ur battery all the way forward
Old 09-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Ok thanks.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caguilar4 View Post
Talk about product support! I called in and the guy already knew who I was and my address! Nice to hear companies are actually using caller ID!
Wow. Horizon CS is so good, it borders on reverse stalking..

Old 09-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Stoked on this truck! just wanted to say thanks Scott for this thread, and his race tips last night at the track.
Happy to just read that TLR has already got new ballcups produced and sending them out, sounds like the ballcup issue is no longer an issue. I know it hasn't been for me at all after the modifications.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Question on the Foam Spacers.

I notice they are stick.... where is everyone putting theres? Sticking to together?

I have a 5cm space from where my battery sits all the way at the back and where the battery stop is at the front.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Question on the Foam Spacers.

I notice they are stick.... where is everyone putting theres? Sticking to together?

I have a 5cm space from where my battery sits all the way at the back and where the battery stop is at the front.
I run my battery all the way forward so four spacers behind the battery. I didn't stick them together - just left the paper on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.