Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 09-24-2012, 10:45 AM
  #3166  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
ScottKelly911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,736
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I love this truck!

TQ and win in 2wd Mod. While some of the fastest guys in the area weren't there, I still had a blast running the truck. Trophys were for qualifier position only. TQ in 2wd and 4th in 4wd. Barnstormers RC in Chester NY - great people and great track!
Congrats!
Originally Posted by adubaz7 View Post
Does anyone have a suggestion I saw one say maybe suburbs but I doubt it because I have tried the other beam type tires and they work when the track isn't moist but slide all over right after being watered. I have very little experience with this hard pack indoor with water on it type track but I know a lot of you guys only run the hard pack indoor type and understand most of the time you run it is probably dry but what do you put on if your up right after the track is sprinkled
I like to run JConcepts Pressure Points on lightly wet clay, they hook up well when the barcodes get loose. Then when the barcodes are hooking up, the Pressure Points start to go away, so in my opinion, they're perfectly complimentary to each other.
Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
Are the ball cups free?
Yep, they sure are!
ScottKelly911 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:55 AM
  #3167  
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

how do i get the new ball cups?
vito is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:59 AM
  #3168  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vito View Post
how do i get the new ball cups?
Close your eyes and wish real hard and think about the ball cups until they magically appear.









Or just read Ryan's post like 5 posts up and call Horizon customer support.
Grandturk is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:09 AM
  #3169  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vito View Post
how do i get the new ball cups?
Do the Magic Ball Cup Dance then call Horizon:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...der-contact-us

Product Support - Radio Control:

877-504-0233

Customer Support Hours of Operation:

Monday Saturday: 8:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M. CST
Sunday: 12:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M. CST
Product Support Hours of Operation - Radio Control:

Monday Friday: 8:00 A.M. 7:00 P.M. CST
Saturday: 8:00 A.M. 5:00 P.M CST
Sunday: 12:00 P.M. 5:00 P.M. CST


Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
To All, If you contact customer service at Horizon, they do have the updated ball cups to send out now. This will help some. Second, once one pops like this, because of the way they pop, it stretches the cup length wise. This makes it feel hard to pop on, but will come off easier in the long run.
goehm is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:18 AM
  #3170  
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Ryan - just spoke to customer support and they are sending out the new cups to me. Thanks.

Question - are you still modding the new cups?
me too called back east. there in ca one but there coming thanks. call the one in ca .
vito is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:20 AM
  #3171  
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Do the Magic Ball Cup Dance then call Horizon:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...der-contact-us

Product Support - Radio Control:

877-504-0233

Customer Support Hours of Operation:

Monday – Saturday: 8:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M. CST
Sunday: 12:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M. CST
Product Support Hours of Operation - Radio Control:

Monday – Friday: 8:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M. CST
Saturday: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M CST
Sunday: 12:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M. CST
just got off the phone with them thanks call the the ca one

Last edited by vito; 09-24-2012 at 12:00 PM.
vito is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:12 PM
  #3172  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vito View Post
just got off the phone with them thanks call the the ca one
What is the CA one? The product support line is an 877 number, and sales is an 800 number.

Thanks.
goehm is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:18 PM
  #3173  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 178
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Do the Magic Ball Cup Dance then call Horizon:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...der-contact-us

Product Support - Radio Control:

877-504-0233 option 4

Customer Support Hours of Operation:

Monday Saturday: 8:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M. CST
Sunday: 12:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M. CST
Product Support Hours of Operation - Radio Control:

Monday Friday: 8:00 A.M. 7:00 P.M. CST
Saturday: 8:00 A.M. 5:00 P.M CST
Sunday: 12:00 P.M. 5:00 P.M. CST

try not to fall asleep with the hold music. also, mine are on the way from cali.
gen3busonoma is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:30 PM
  #3174  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
elecRC23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 506
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by thefatkid View Post
If I remember right, bag e. They were in with all the stickers and manuals. About a 5"x5" square.
wow, the one place I don't look. I already started painting, so can I just spraypaint them and put them on the outside?
elecRC23 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
  #3175  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by elecRC23 View Post
wow, the one place I don't look. I already started painting, so can I just spraypaint them and put them on the outside?
?

You put the window masks on the inside to keep the window clear.
Grandturk is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:43 PM
  #3176  
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
What is the CA one? The product support line is an 877 number, and sales is an 800 number.

Thanks.
there in the calif. house i called back east one and they took my in fo and there not there in house just in calif one .
vito is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:45 PM
  #3177  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Connectict
Posts: 267
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Excellent customer service from Horrizon.
Jimmy Lauri is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 02:04 PM
  #3178  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
elecRC23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 506
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
?

You put the window masks on the inside to keep the window clear.
yeah but i already started to paint so could i put them on the outside to make it look like it has silver windows like that instead of on the inside?
elecRC23 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 02:34 PM
  #3179  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by elecRC23 View Post
yeah but i already started to paint so could i put them on the outside to make it look like it has silver windows like that instead of on the inside?
You can paint it pink and call it Malibu Barbie's Dream Truck if you want.
Grandturk is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 02:48 PM
  #3180  
Tech Adept
 
fastford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: jacksonville
Posts: 178
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
To All, If you contact customer service at Horizon, they do have the updated ball cups to send out now. This will help some. Second, once one pops like this, because of the way they pop, it stretches the cup length wise. This makes it feel hard to pop on, but will come off easier in the long run.

Also, I suggest grinding the hex portion of both ball studs on the inside and outside. After I did this and put fresh ball cups on, havent had any issues at all.
Called and got them ordered. Thanks
fastford is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.