Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 09-24-2012, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for everyone that had suggestions with my Diff.

Turns out it just wasnt tight enough!

I tightened the diff up about 1 complete wheel turn and the barking stopped, car seems a fair bit faster now as well.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Thanks for everyone that had suggestions with my Diff.

Turns out it just wasnt tight enough!

I tightened the diff up about 1 complete wheel turn and the barking stopped, car seems a fair bit faster now as well.
If it was that loose you mind as well rebuild the diff now . Once you let the diff bark and slip flat spots have created on the diff balls .
Old 09-24-2012, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
If it was that loose you mind as well rebuild the diff now . Once you let the diff bark and slip flat spots have created on the diff balls .
Will do once my B-Fast Diff balls get here.

At the moment got nothing to replace them with.

Oh well Ill run it till it busts.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Guch View Post
It's not wearing in I'm worried about, it's wearing out is when I think things will get worse. My ball cups are so tight I still have to use pliers to snap them and I have the ninja grip. You should of seen the corner marshel trying to snap my ball cup back together. He had to press the truck against his hip and grit his teeth. And he was a big guy. Still investigating even going to captured ends from a different vendor. At least the outer ends.
I feel your pain ran AAA mains and the first 2 my ball cup came off. JR Mitch had one pop off in the mod Main also. Aside from that I love this truck.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Why does the new proline chassis for the traxxas slash look so much like the TLR 22SCT?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kass View Post
Why does the new proline chassis for the traxxas slash look so much like the TLR 22SCT?
Because they copied it .
Old 09-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my first race with the truck (club race) and I loved it man it has im proved my lap times a lot. Running Losi 13.5 with a Tekin RS and Spektrum 6040.

One of the local guys who usually laps me in about 4 to 5 laps didn't get to lap me at all and he was running a 22SCT also. Man this truck hooks so well. Can't wait for the sway bar to come out it can only improve it.

I have a Spektrum DX2S and my steering wheel spring broke anyone know of a good tutorial for the fix? I am gonna switch radios now after this but I would like to fix this one for my son to upgrade him.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlienModified View Post
Mine came with the kit
where were they in the kit? maybe i just havnt looked hard enough.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elecRC23 View Post
where were they in the kit? maybe i just havnt looked hard enough.
If I remember right, bag e. They were in with all the stickers and manuals. About a 5"x5" square.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adubaz7 View Post
Hey guys I have a big race coming up next weekend and need a little help on tire choice. I am running in a series that is going to an indoor hard pack track. I ran out there both friday and yesturday and the kit setup seems to work pretty good for me with just a few small changes but mostly all kit setup, the race director for some reason waters the track very lightly between almost every race. When he waters lightly then runs a heat and another without watering and then I am say the third race and he doesnt water my truck works great with HB beams on the rear and proline square fuzzies on the front, the stearing is a little aggresive in the bumps but I am going to try blue barcodes on the front to smooth out the steering but my main problem is if I am the race up right after he mist the track I cant find a tire that will work on the rear everything is just slick as hell for at least the first third of the race and even by the end of the race it is only ok traction so I am having to hold back so much. Please give any suggestion for a tire that works on a very hard pack smooth track just after a very light sprinkle
Does anyone have a suggestion I saw one say maybe suburbs but I doubt it because I have tried the other beam type tires and they work when the track isn't moist but slide all over right after being watered. I have very little experience with this hard pack indoor with water on it type track but I know a lot of you guys only run the hard pack indoor type and understand most of the time you run it is probably dry but what do you put on if your up right after the track is sprinkled
Old 09-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guch View Post
It's not wearing in I'm worried about, it's wearing out is when I think things will get worse. My ball cups are so tight I still have to use pliers to snap them and I have the ninja grip. You should of seen the corner marshel trying to snap my ball cup back together. He had to press the truck against his hip and grit his teeth. And he was a big guy. Still investigating even going to captured ends from a different vendor. At least the outer ends.
Originally Posted by fastford View Post
I feel your pain ran AAA mains and the first 2 my ball cup came off. JR Mitch had one pop off in the mod Main also. Aside from that I love this truck.
To All, If you contact customer service at Horizon, they do have the updated ball cups to send out now. This will help some. Second, once one pops like this, because of the way they pop, it stretches the cup length wise. This makes it feel hard to pop on, but will come off easier in the long run.

Also, I suggest grinding the hex portion of both ball studs on the inside and outside. After I did this and put fresh ball cups on, havent had any issues at all.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Are the ball cups free?
Old 09-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
To All, If you contact customer service at Horizon, they do have the updated ball cups to send out now. This will help some. Second, once one pops like this, because of the way they pop, it stretches the cup length wise. This makes it feel hard to pop on, but will come off easier in the long run.

Also, I suggest grinding the hex portion of both ball studs on the inside and outside. After I did this and put fresh ball cups on, havent had any issues at all.
Will e-mail work? What proof do you need if any at all that you own one?
Old 09-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ryan - just spoke to customer support and they are sending out the new cups to me. Thanks.

Question - are you still modding the new cups?
Old 09-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Ryan - just spoke to customer support and they are sending out the new cups to me. Thanks.

Question - are you still modding the new cups?
No newball cups are already "cut down" is my understanding.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.