Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 09-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin View Post
http://image.4wheeloffroad.com/f/958...road_truck.jpg

Here's a link for you too see that it's not so unrealistic as you may think.
You really need too get with the times..Thats old school stuff right there.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:21 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
So what is a good starting set up for very loose, rough, outdoor tracks? Hard pack with dust on top. Pretty slick would be the best description.

Not the nice groomed indoor tracks that many of you run on
I have heard many say then enjoy the Cory Bernardo setup on their buggies, I'd suggest that.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-1 View Post
You really need too get with the times..Thats old school stuff right there.
I know it's just the first picture I found.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by adubaz7 View Post
Hey guys I have a big race coming up next weekend and need a little help on tire choice. I am running in a series that is going to an indoor hard pack track. I ran out there both friday and yesturday and the kit setup seems to work pretty good for me with just a few small changes but mostly all kit setup, the race director for some reason waters the track very lightly between almost every race. When he waters lightly then runs a heat and another without watering and then I am say the third race and he doesnt water my truck works great with HB beams on the rear and proline square fuzzies on the front, the stearing is a little aggresive in the bumps but I am going to try blue barcodes on the front to smooth out the steering but my main problem is if I am the race up right after he mist the track I cant find a tire that will work on the rear everything is just slick as hell for at least the first third of the race and even by the end of the race it is only ok traction so I am having to hold back so much. Please give any suggestion for a tire that works on a very hard pack smooth track just after a very light sprinkle
suburbs maybe?
Old 09-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin View Post
I know it's just the first picture I found.
If you knew then why did you post it? When is the last time you have seen that done on a 1:1 truck unless it was in muddy conditions???
Old 09-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I love this truck!

TQ and win in 2wd Mod. While some of the fastest guys in the area weren't there, I still had a blast running the truck. Trophys were for qualifier position only. TQ in 2wd and 4th in 4wd. Barnstormers RC in Chester NY - great people and great track!

Old 09-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fastford View Post
What gearing are you guys running for 17.5?
My boy is running a 28/78 in his. He has a tekin rs with a redline 17.5 in blinky. Temps are about 150ish after 5 mins
Old 09-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default Ball Cup Hell

Ok my first time out with my 22SCT(last weekend) I had no problems with any of my front steering ball cups popping except on my last lap. I crossed the finish line and came to a stop at about the same time I turned into the drainage tile that lines the sides of the track and POP. I stood there and said "really, I was almost stopped and still popped a ball cup. Holly SH#T". Now my second trip out (this weekend) at a different track. This track is outside, rough, dusty, and slick as ice. Popped every race and cost me second place in the amain. I once even had to run from the driver stand to fix my truck to continue racing. Another time the corner marshel pulled my truck and I yelled to check the left front ball cup. He snapped it back on and I finished a lap down. Yes, I have shaved my inner and outer ball cups and ground the steering rack. My problem is always with the outer left cup. I have the team set up so you know how my shocks and front end are set up. HELP, I'M LIVING IN BALL CUP HELL!!!!!!!!!! Last time I can even remeber having any kind of ball cup issue was about tweny years ago with my JRX2pro. Thank goodness RPM came out with HD ball cups back then. Some of the young guys at my track have never seen one pop off, it's that rare any more. Thanks Losi for reminding me of the good old days. Wait this is 2012 and us engineers have this fancy SolidWorks software that models every part on this car and how they function together. I know alot of peolpe out there don't have $8500 SolidWorks software but it's what I do for a living so I will start to model the front end and put the parts into motion to see if there is some kind of design issue. With the mods that Losi has allready suggested, I'm not so sure it's a binding issue but more of a "drastic angle force". Something like suspension fully compressed, full turn to the left, and another truck hits you in the front left tire. Sound like alot of stuff has to happen all at the same time but when it does POP goes the weasle. Could be something as simple as a couple of orings on the front shock shafts to limit downward travel.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default chassis dimensions

Does anyone know the exact chassis measurments. Looking for a custom cut chassis protector just not sure how much longer it is than the 22t chassis.

Also are there any new setups going around? Just wondering as i see mitch and evans doing well at the clash and wondering what setup they are running.

Thanks,
Old 09-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Guch View Post
Ok my first time out with my 22SCT(last weekend) I had no problems with any of my front steering ball cups popping except on my last lap. I crossed the finish line and came to a stop at about the same time I turned into the drainage tile that lines the sides of the track and POP. I stood there and said "really, I was almost stopped and still popped a ball cup. Holly SH#T". Now my second trip out (this weekend) at a different track. This track is outside, rough, dusty, and slick as ice. Popped every race and cost me second place in the amain. I once even had to run from the driver stand to fix my truck to continue racing. Another time the corner marshel pulled my truck and I yelled to check the left front ball cup. He snapped it back on and I finished a lap down. Yes, I have shaved my inner and outer ball cups and ground the steering rack. My problem is always with the outer left cup. I have the team set up so you know how my shocks and front end are set up. HELP, I'M LIVING IN BALL CUP HELL!!!!!!!!!! Last time I can even remeber having any kind of ball cup issue was about tweny years ago with my JRX2pro. Thank goodness RPM came out with HD ball cups back then. Some of the young guys at my track have never seen one pop off, it's that rare any more. Thanks Losi for reminding me of the good old days. Wait this is 2012 and us engineers have this fancy SolidWorks software that models every part on this car and how they function together. I know alot of peolpe out there don't have $8500 SolidWorks software but it's what I do for a living so I will start to model the front end and put the parts into motion to see if there is some kind of design issue. With the mods that Losi has allready suggested, I'm not so sure it's a binding issue but more of a "drastic angle force". Something like suspension fully compressed, full turn to the left, and another truck hits you in the front left tire. Sound like alot of stuff has to happen all at the same time but when it does POP goes the weasle. Could be something as simple as a couple of orings on the front shock shafts to limit downward travel.
After my first two race days having ball popping issues, it seems to have gone away - perhaps as the parts wear in? I beat on my truck today in the A3 - since I took A1 & A2 - smacking pipes and going for the big jumps, and I didn't have any trouble. Worst that happened was I think I caught a rock and lost steering for a minute.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default Shock shafts

Anyone running the new black diamond shock shafts from proline. What orings do you think one should run? The standard or the low friction orings?
Old 09-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Ball cups

It's not wearing in I'm worried about, it's wearing out is when I think things will get worse. My ball cups are so tight I still have to use pliers to snap them and I have the ninja grip. You should of seen the corner marshel trying to snap my ball cup back together. He had to press the truck against his hip and grit his teeth. And he was a big guy. Still investigating even going to captured ends from a different vendor. At least the outer ends.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guch View Post
It's not wearing in I'm worried about, it's wearing out is when I think things will get worse. My ball cups are so tight I still have to use pliers to snap them and I have the ninja grip. You should of seen the corner marshel trying to snap my ball cup back together. He had to press the truck against his hip and grit his teeth. And he was a big guy. Still investigating even going to captured ends from a different vendor. At least the outer ends.
Thats norm and has been with the 22t and 22. I have 4 races days and nothing but love for this truck. Not one cup pop.

If anything I had pronlems with its been running a 6.5 in it and keeping the clutch from slipping. So I went to a boosted 9.5 fixed that.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I love this truck!

TQ and win in 2wd Mod. While some of the fastest guys in the area weren't there, I still had a blast running the truck. Trophys were for qualifier position only. TQ in 2wd and 4th in 4wd. Barnstormers RC in Chester NY - great people and great track!

where did you get the window masks? mine didnt come with any.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elecRC23 View Post
where did you get the window masks? mine didnt come with any.
Mine came with the kit

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.