Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adubaz7
I might have missed it further back but what the question I was answering was the truck comes off jumps front end high and he said he could not get it to bring the nose down not that it was coming off jumps nose down. If the truck was nose down then I would look at brakes being too aggresive or too much drag brake yes, but the truck like most 2wd SC trucks do tends to come off jumps nose up and no matter how much brake you have it will struggle bring the nose down with alot of weight to the back of the truck. This is why I tried running short pack all the way forward so there is less weight to the back of the truck making it want to come off the jump less nose high and if it is nose high it is easier to get it to rotate to flat or nose down with brakes. This worked great for me as I just raced a track with massive tripples so I was flying high in the air and had great control of the truck while in the air. As I stated before though give it a try because it will not work for everyone because rear traction may suffer a bit, for me the truck still had plenty but if you like the way it flys but need more rear bite you should be able to go one softer on the rear spring due to less weight in the rear of truck.
Let me know if you try it and like it. This work great for me.
SC likes to catch wind if you come off the lip on throttle... no matter what you do

When I run a track with a big jump you need motor... and lots of it. Come in to the jump a little hotter than normal and get off the gas sooner than normal. You can always use the throttle to get the front end back up but once the wind has grabbed the body no way a little brake is going to get it back down

The triple at OCRC is pretty dam big right now but my truc never had an issue over it at Surf City
Old 09-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver04RS
I d look to the common parts used between the two

could be a bad servo, motor, battery... or the radio dropping out
servo worked fine on previous vehicle(never overheated, no binds) motor well I am unsure it's a friends, I don't have radio issues on my other vehicles..I will re attach the power wire that came off the motor, then change the sensor plug and see what happens, then I will change the rx out if it still occurs. If none of that works I will try adding a cap(eventhough I don't think an xp 1015 should pull to much current from the esc)

yea sc's will catch air even with the bodies cut out, your best bet is to come a little hotter and let off before the lip should be about level(if it's not then tap brakes). I must say my 22SCT jumps pretty darn good even off the triple @ oc/rc without vents in the body it jumps level.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

So, kinda off subject but when are those Losi SCT Digit tires coming out that they show the 22sct with in the ad pics?
Old 09-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

the front body hole marks line up the mid motor rear marks are off some?
Old 09-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

need a small novak esc to fit in mid motor and a 6.5 trun
Old 09-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
need a small novak esc to fit in mid motor and a 6.5 trun
Novak Impact ESC (Which is pretty small) with the Ballistic 6.5, you're lookin at about $270 for the combo. A good deal IMO for a "small" ESC/motor combo would be the Novak Edge 2s system with a 10.5. Its a good system for stock racing and I believe it has no ESC timing advance, $160 for that combo and the 10.5 Ballistic is still 4200kv, which is more than enough. Just a thought
Old 09-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Losi818
Novak Impact ESC (Which is pretty small) with the Ballistic 6.5, you're lookin at about $270 for the combo. A good deal IMO for a "small" ESC/motor combo would be the Novak Edge 2s system with a 10.5. Its a good system for stock racing and I believe it has no ESC timing advance, $160 for that combo and the 10.5 Ballistic is still 4200kv, which is more than enough. Just a thought
novak says as low as a 7.5 trun for the impact thanks post some links ty
Old 09-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am running the Travis Brock setup and have an issue with the front end being too high in the air off the bigger jumps. All of the other sct's are not experiencing this issue (including my ultima sc-r) as bad as the two 22sct's at my track. It's kind of nice in a way, I can see how there is more ability to move the truck in the air. But all that goes out the window when you hit the ground and the rear of the body digs in and throws you off setting up for the next corner. Should I try different front or rear spring? Should I add weight in the front? I'm not sure.... But this is the main thing keeping me from using my sc-r in the race.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vito
novak says as low as a 7.5 trun for the impact thanks post some links ty
I read the specs on Stormerhobbies.com, didnt show a motor limit, or I've had a few too many Tecate's tonight, LoL. Check out Stormerhobbies.com, they got some good stuff on there for good prices.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jammnjeff
the avid 87 spur will rub the gear cover you have to use the 84
Are there many of you guys that want an 86? For my SC10 I always run 84 to reduce the pendulum effect and move the motor FWD just a bit.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by drtdino
I am running the Travis Brock setup and have an issue with the front end being too high in the air off the bigger jumps. All of the other sct's are not experiencing this issue (including my ultima sc-r) as bad as the two 22sct's at my track. It's kind of nice in a way, I can see how there is more ability to move the truck in the air. But all that goes out the window when you hit the ground and the rear of the body digs in and throws you off setting up for the next corner. Should I try different front or rear spring? Should I add weight in the front? I'm not sure.... But this is the main thing keeping me from using my sc-r in the race.
I have not received my 22SCT yet, but I had the same issue with my XXX-SCT, all I would do is let off right before the top of the jump and it helped keep it level. My 22T kinda had a nose-up attitude when I built it to kit spec, I put 1/2 ounce on top of the servo and it helped quite a bit.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vr6cj
Just installed the Avid clutch on this bad boy. I'll let you know how it does next week after a race. It held up pretty good so far in the street with a 6.5 Sonic. Didnt get as hot as the stock clutch. Still messing with it and adjusting.

Although not as critical on a 22 as a SC10 due to the longer 22 topshaft.... I see that your outer drive plate has the centering cutout facing out. Make sure that the round washer fits into the groove to keep the plate centered. If you look on the instructions pic, the cutouts on the 2 outer plates face each other, with the washer stack (flat-cone-flat) in between. It may function fine the way you have it but just to be safe I'd swap things around
Old 09-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vr6cj
On the subject as over rotation....you guys might be chasing something that is a easy fix. Have you guys even considered your brakes?

Might be as easy as adjusting your brake strengh. To much drag brake can cause this too. Try just reducing you brakes a bit and soften them up so you dont lock up the tires. Maybe check into that before chasing a setup.
I agree 100% I was having over rotation problems on my 22SCT conversion, turned out, I was running too much drag brake which was great for certain areas, but the really tight stuff it would feel like it was diffing out. I took out the drag brake at the advice of Jayson (NitroLuver) and the over-rotating became nearly non-existant.
Originally Posted by NitroLuver
Well today was a crappy day @ oc/rc had esc issues all day, both my viper and tekin speedo's just kept resetting..I wonder what would cause this?

The truck felt great was a little slick but manageable
Jayson, you're truck looked great! It's too bad that it died on you while you were leading the race man. I don't know if this is it and I don't know anything about the Viper stuff, but with your Tekin, Rory had the same thing happening to him on his Buggy. Turned out his battery leads were hitting the reset button because they crossed over his ESC. It only happened when he landed certain jumps. Randy from Tekin told him to switch his esc around and low and behold, it totally fixed the problem. Ask Rory about it, it's funny to hear him tell the story. But I know it's a long shot, but take a look at it and see if that's what's possibly causing the problem. Again tho man, your truck looked dialed and you were wheelin the heck out of it, shame that electrical put you out, especially while you're in the lead. Hope to see you again next weekend bro.
Originally Posted by kdub
Are there many of you guys that want an 86? For my SC10 I always run 84 to reduce the pendulum effect and move the motor FWD just a bit.
Kdub, welcome to the 22SCT thread! Great to have you here as I know several of us have already put your slipper onto our 22sct's. I haven't run mine yet, will get to it next week for sure though! I did a calculation and even though it's not exact, I think my final drive ratio is really close to the stock 86T pinion using the 84T. You just have to go down a tooth with the pinion to achieve a similar FDR. Example, I run a 86T spur and 16T pinion on my 6.5 yielding a 13.06 FDR, went to the 84T Triad spur and a 15T pinion and now yielding a 13.60 FDR, so it's close enough that I don't think anybody even the very astute pros would recognize a difference. On the front page, I put the method of figuring out which pinion size you would need to use with the different gear size to achieve same/similar FDR's. That being said, there's always going to be some people who don't like to deviate from the stock sizes, so if you did come out with an 86T spur for the Triad system geared more toward the 22SCT user, I'm sure that many people would use it.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Fellas,

Here is a guy at my track that has got his 22SCT pretty dialed....I know it was over rotating originally but take a look now.......still not perfect.....but I've driven it and it gets better every race day!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:10 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how to clearance the rear hubs for a long and low E-1 setup as i cant seem to find any info

Thanks fellas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.