Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 09-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adubaz7 View Post
I am running the stock setup on my truck with a shorty pack as far forward as you can get it and it works great. I have good rear traction and great steering and where I notice the biggest advantage is when coming off of jumps if it is a little nose high the truck will rotate easier in the air I suggest giving it a try if rear traction is good.
ok so shorty pack ..so what your saying is that the added length of the full size pack he is running creates to much weight bias ?? he is running it all the way foward as well ..thanks
if you want to come out to our track its in buckeye az ..jackrabbit track
will try it !!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azwheelman View Post
ok so shorty pack ..so what your saying is that the added length of the full size pack he is running creates to much weight bias ?? he is running it all the way foward as well ..thanks
if you want to come out to our track its in buckeye az ..jackrabbit track
will try it !!
On the subject as over rotation....you guys might be chasing something that is a easy fix. Have you guys even considered your brakes?

Might be as easy as adjusting your brake strengh. To much drag brake can cause this too. Try just reducing you brakes a bit and soften them up so you dont lock up the tires. Maybe check into that before chasing a setup.

I only like the shorty pack in stock racing if running mod the added weight helps alot for stability.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jimmy Lauri View Post
Ive been trying to get a hold of slick1....RCRD....to buy his brass trans shims. No response. Any body know him or to contact him let him know im looking. I sent some pm's and emails. Thanks in advance. Jimmy
Ok...slick 1 got ahold of me. It was my bad on sending messeges....thanks slick1 for getting ahold of me,im stoked to get the 1.0 brass shims.And once again sorry about that!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimmy Lauri View Post
Ok...slick 1 got ahold of me. It was my bad on sending messeges....thanks slick1 for getting ahold of me,im stoked to get the 1.0 brass shims.And once again sorry about that!
glad to hear, I told him you where looking for him. ha
Old 09-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post
On the subject as over rotation....you guys might be chasing something that is a easy fix. Have you guys even considered your brakes?

Might be as easy as adjusting your brake strengh. To much drag brake can cause this too. Try just reducing you brakes a bit and soften them up so you dont lock up the tires. Maybe check into that before chasing a setup.

I only like the shorty pack in stock racing if running mod the added weight helps alot for stability.
great ideas!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Well today was a crappy day @ oc/rc had esc issues all day, both my viper and tekin speedo's just kept resetting..I wonder what would cause this?

The truck felt great was a little slick but manageable
Old 09-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

my 22 sc kit is all done now thank you guys for the help. time for a esc and motor and last is tires
Old 09-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

glad to hear, I told him you where looking for him. ha
Thanks!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ran dunfords setup along with my own made up sway bar in front truck was great. But I having trouble with the truck some times nose high off a big triple and cant get it pulled out( landing on the rear bumper). Cant tell if adding drag brake is causing this or to much total brakes or set up or?!?!?!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by easye View Post
Ran dunfords setup along with my own made up sway bar in front truck was great. But I having trouble with the truck some times nose high off a big triple and cant get it pulled out( landing on the rear bumper). Cant tell if adding drag brake is causing this or to much total brakes or set up or?!?!?!
Nose high would mean you're on the throttle too much in the air. Adding brake could cause nose down.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Nose high would mean you're on the throttle too much in the air. Adding brake could cause nose down.
Off the throttle a foot before the triple. No problems with my 22t making it,
Old 09-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Suspended

Anyone have any recommendations on oil thickness for a gear diff? 5,000?
Edit: For a medium grip too loose track and its rear motor.

Last edited by RC-1; 09-09-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

mid motor set up is all done nice kit need a new esc for it and motor that fits better
Old 09-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I might have missed it further back but what the question I was answering was the truck comes off jumps front end high and he said he could not get it to bring the nose down not that it was coming off jumps nose down. If the truck was nose down then I would look at brakes being too aggresive or too much drag brake yes, but the truck like most 2wd SC trucks do tends to come off jumps nose up and no matter how much brake you have it will struggle bring the nose down with alot of weight to the back of the truck. This is why I tried running short pack all the way forward so there is less weight to the back of the truck making it want to come off the jump less nose high and if it is nose high it is easier to get it to rotate to flat or nose down with brakes. This worked great for me as I just raced a track with massive tripples so I was flying high in the air and had great control of the truck while in the air. As I stated before though give it a try because it will not work for everyone because rear traction may suffer a bit, for me the truck still had plenty but if you like the way it flys but need more rear bite you should be able to go one softer on the rear spring due to less weight in the rear of truck.
Let me know if you try it and like it. This work great for me.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
Well today was a crappy day @ oc/rc had esc issues all day, both my viper and tekin speedo's just kept resetting..I wonder what would cause this?

The truck felt great was a little slick but manageable
I d look to the common parts used between the two

could be a bad servo, motor, battery... or the radio dropping out

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.