Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 09-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Stock body design

I wish losi would of taken some of the design ques from Proline. Every engineer learns that displacing material adds rigidity. Thats why automobiles have ribs in the floor panels and other structural areas. Every body vent in my flotek body is surrounded by displaced material to make it strong. After cutting the holes in my so called high performance losi body it feels super flimsy. Cutting holes in flat areas of the body just weakens the whole thing. After a couple of hits this thing is going to crack all over the place. Maybe I should do the old drywall mesh and shoe goo trick.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

finally got mine built today..took it around for three laps then headed home...monster headache tonight anyway here are a couple of pics

Old 09-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vito View Post
ok guys from losi or some one help me out with few? on set up
1 ball stud on tower in mid motor inside or out side hole and spacer on the one under the ball on tower? and hud back side b hole?
2 will sway bars fit in the rear mid motor.
thanks
caspeer help or the losi guys
Old 09-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Even happier I didn't buy the support kit, then. No need for extra springs and servo horns.
Got my support kit in the Speedtechrc.com deal, buy the truck and support kit tossed in free.
Pretty sure the deal is off the table now but those guys are still the place to shop for deals.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will the gear diff part#LOSA2954 work in the xxx-sct also?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Did your support kit come with shorter springs than what came on the truck? I tried to use the pink ones and the hock screw had to be all the way down just to to get 24mm ride.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimmy Lauri View Post
Will the gear diff part#LOSA2954 work in the xxx-sct also?
NO.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer View Post
We set ours like Matt Castellano does in his 22 video. Set the truck on a table, hold both rear tires, blip the throttle, tighten the slipper until it pulls the front tires off the table. If it barks the diff before it pulls the front end up then the diff is too loose.
Thanks...

I'll try that out. It's ok now but I want it good..
Old 09-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmackhurry View Post
Did your support kit come with shorter springs than what came on the truck? I tried to use the pink ones and the hock screw had to be all the way down just to to get 24mm ride.
huh thats weird, i put the pinks on last night at the track. set at 29 mm and still have adjustment left. the spring came out of the support kit..
Old 09-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmackhurry View Post
yes, the rear springs in my support kit are the same length as the buggy rears which are shorter than the SCT rears.
It was explained to me that the shorter spring of the same color/rate is more progressive which is what the SCT responds better to. Kinda same reason they run sway bars on higher traction surfaces.
My collars are down near the bottom also, running full size battery pack, ride height rear 28mm front 29mm.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Had 4 hours of practice and tune with GNS Racing and others last night. The 22SCT is amazing fast lap for the night was a 16.6, super fast, I never broke into the 16 second bracket all night, but was able to turn some very consistant laps 5 17.0 in a row with traffic.

Question to Frank or Casper, the truck feels very planted, but is a little lazy in the corners (alot of body roll), currently have front and rear mounts set at the inside/2 mounting position. If I move both front and rear to the inside/1, mounting position, will it keep the same handling characteristics but reduce the body roll?

I should have tried this last night, but didn't think of it until today!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Oh.......Just wanted to tell GNS Racing 86........You SUCK for getting fast lap of the night......LMFAO!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tipperjackson View Post
Oh.......Just wanted to tell GNS Racing 86........You SUCK for getting fast lap of the night......LMFAO!
Am I going to have to come up there and separate you two. I can't beat ya on the track but at least I can get between ya.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tipperjackson View Post
Had 4 hours of practice and tune with GNS Racing and others last night. The 22SCT is amazing fast lap for the night was a 16.6, super fast, I never broke into the 16 second bracket all night, but was able to turn some very consistant laps 5 17.0 in a row with traffic.

Question to Frank or Casper, the truck feels very planted, but is a little lazy in the corners (alot of body roll), currently have front and rear mounts set at the inside/2 mounting position. If I move both front and rear to the inside/1, mounting position, will it keep the same handling characteristics but reduce the body roll?

I should have tried this last night, but didn't think of it until today!
Try moving the rear shock mounting out 1 or 2 on the top. I found this reducing body roll and gained rear grip. This maybe need now since we do not have rear sway bars yet.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vito View Post
Miss print in manual on the finish picture of bag B. It show rear motor setup, it is mid motor latout, but it shows 2 rear motor layouts. The caption shows mid setup but picture of rear motor, instead of mid motor?
did you see this 2 in the book

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.