Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 09-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Tire choice

Hey Eagle your tire size is correct. Proline snipers m3s are my choice along with proline protrac wheels.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

GNS, your gonna love this, could'nt stand not being able to make the big double with the 17.5, so I ordered a new motor and it's lost in the mail......LOL! So put an 8 yar old Novak SS 10.5 and tuned it up with the Tekin RS PRO, should be interesting to see if the old Novak holds together, It has'nt seen any run time for at least 5 years......LOL!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tipperjackson View Post
Plannig on going over for some practice tomorrow. Doct. appt in the A.M., I'm gonna skip out on the last part of the day, so I should be at CD's at 5pm with the 22sct and the 22 for a long night of test and tune. See Ya There?
yes i am, but are u sure he has the track open friday,, i cant find my schedual he gave me...
Old 09-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GNS Racing 86 View Post
yes i am, but are u sure he has the track open friday,, i cant find my schedual he gave me...
Yep, Friday Practice open 5pm to 10pm........5hrs of test and tune, should be able to get the 22sct pretty close to where I want it......except for the motor
Old 09-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Yep, Friday Practice open 5pm to 10pm........5hrs of test and tune, should be able to get the 22sct pretty close to where I want it......except for the motor
ok thanks, ill bring my batteries to work and get em charged up. be there a little after 6pm
Old 09-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

well I have a 22b,22t,22sct,scte,xxx-scb, and even a micro sct might as well get rid of my parts boxes that don't say losi now. So Frank might like me a little, lol.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

GNS, your gonna love this, could'nt stand not being able to make the big double with the 17.5, so I ordered a new motor and it's lost in the mail......LOL! So put an 8 yar old Novak SS 10.5 and tuned it up with the Tekin RS PRO, should be interesting to see if the old Novak holds together, It has'nt seen any run time for at least 5 years......LOL!

novak ss sweet!!!!!!!!

i got the avid slipper coming. should be here tommorow...
Old 09-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

novak ss sweet!!!!!!!!

i got the avid slipper coming. should be here tommorow...
I knew I never should have mentioned that to you. Gonna start putting a pit matt over my stuff when I walk away so you won't peak......LMAO!

Your gonna love the Avid Slipper clutch, the smoothest and most consistant I've ever run. Put one on the 22 also.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eagle1114 View Post
4. I want to buy tires. I AM NOT ASKING FOR A TIRE RECOMMENDATION (unless you have one) But when I look at tire sizes I find for example Pro-Line Hole Shot 2.0 M4 SC 2.2"/3.0" Truck Tires. IS THAT THE RIGHT SIZE? If it matters for your answer, the track is outdoors, mid traction when watered, otherwise loose.
A good option might also be to buy premount tires. 22SCT uses zero offset wheels, so they're the same design of the TEN-SCTE so you might have better luck finding combinations for that truck simply because it's been out longer (some websites might not have updated product descriptions).

Also, a lot of sites group tires by application so look for SCT tires if you buy non-premount. The SCT tires themselves should be a universal fit across all SCT wheels.

But to clarify, and generally speaking:
  • Any SCT tire should fit any SCT wheel
  • Not all SCT wheels properly fit all SCT trucks
  • Look for zero offset, or TEN-SCTE / 22SCT based wheels
Old 09-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
A good option might also be to buy premount tires. 22SCT uses zero offset wheels, so they're the same design of the TEN-SCTE so you might have better luck finding combinations for that truck simply because it's been out longer (some websites might not have updated product descriptions).

Also, a lot of sites group tires by application so look for SCT tires if you buy non-premount. The SCT tires themselves should be a universal fit across all SCT wheels.

But to clarify, and generally speaking:
  • Any SCT tire should fit any SCT wheel
  • Not all SCT wheels properly fit all SCT trucks
  • Look for zero offset, or TEN-SCTE / 22SCT based wheels
Nice disclamer Goehm, you must be a liar, I mean a Lawyer....LOL!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 230 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito View Post
can start the build the kit with out a streeing srevo?
Sure can.

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Start on the rear end. But you really can't do the front without.
Why not? We built 2 trucks complete without servos and then installed them later.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

I knew I never should have mentioned that to you. Gonna start putting a pit matt over my stuff when I walk away so you won't peak......LMAO!

Your gonna love the Avid Slipper clutch, the smoothest and most consistant I've ever run. Put one on the 22 also.
.oh, i never new you had one, must have tuned that part out LOL..just thought you did the ae bolt. i was going to put my gear cover back on and hide it, but i cant keep my mouth shut LOL
Old 09-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Nice disclamer Goehm, you must be a liar, I mean a Lawyer....LOL!
I'm not a lawyer but I do make my living writing small print disclaimers on cereal boxes, McDonald's coffee cups and plastic bags. It's a decent enough living, but I'm going blind proof-reading all my work!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

.oh, i never new you had one, must have tuned that part out LOL..just thought you did the ae bolt. i was going to put my gear cover back on and hide it, but i cant keep my mouth shut LOL
You said it, not me
Old 09-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Is anyone having problems with the ball diff? I snapped my first, put in the second and it just doesn't seem tight enough. It feels great out of the truck. I have the slipper tightened down enough.. Let me know if any thoughts. It just doesn't have the torque.. Starts off slow..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.