Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 09-04-2012, 07:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elecRC23 View Post
I don't know what your experience was, but when my charger stopped charging at 5a, I emailed them about it, sent it to them, and they sent me a brand new one the next week. From what I have experienced, their customer service is great!! They even tested the charger to make sure it works properly.
+1, same here!

I broke a diff screw and thrust washer in my 22T first time out, user error, bought a new one and it was fixed. Didn't think about calling TLR to "discuss" the problem... But for a lil over $8, problem was fixed, thankfully my LHS has TLR well stocked!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi b View Post
Im not an an expert diff builder but I've built a lot of Losi/TLR diffs. I always take a long time breaking the diff in and tend to run my slipper on the looser side. With that bring said, I had my inner thrust washer come apart on my 22SCT. I've never had this happen and I'm not trying to place blame on parts.
My question is, what causes the thrust washer to come apart?
Brian

Exact same thing happened to me tonight. Getting the truck dialed in and was really feeling good, only to have the diff give out on me. Took it apart and the inner thrust washer was shattered. I've built far too many diffs to really think it user error by over tightening or whatnot as I hadn't touched the diff after thoroughly breaking in on the bench. Basically I had ran about 6 packs or so over two days.

The diff/outdrives wobble in the bearings more than any other vehicle in memory. Not sure that would account for the thrust washer exploding or not, but something worth noting.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Man that's good to hear. I'm glad there are some people that had good results. I hope I have as good of an experience with my next call.
I have also had no problems with Horizons customer service, i recently sent in some receivers that were not yet a year old(spektrum), They replaced one that was bad and resoldered a wire on the other one no questions asked.

Ask for a replacement for a bad part you get a replacement....tell them you broke it you buy the new part.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Man that's good to hear. I'm glad there are some people that had good results. I hope I have as good of an experience with my next call.
yeah,me too. Hope they keep it up.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi b View Post
Im not an an expert diff builder but I've built a lot of Losi/TLR diffs. I always take a long time breaking the diff in and tend to run my slipper on the looser side. With that bring said, I had my inner thrust washer come apart on my 22SCT. I've never had this happen and I'm not trying to place blame on parts.
My question is, what causes the thrust washer to come apart?
Brian
Had the same issue with the 22T. I used the AE diff nut, bolt, spring and washers and all seems fine.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post
yes, I own a sc10 too so I tried it for u and others.

Nice lid did you have to do any mods to get it to fit. I bought the proline tundra for time being. Just wondering if I would waste money on this awesome body not fitting on my sc10
Old 09-05-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

What would the reason be to not use captured steering rod ends?

I picked up some from another brand and they seem to give the full amount of travel with the angle mod on the rack?

I just used some longer screws to match the same amount of threads.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevntri View Post
What would the reason be to not use captured steering rod ends?

I picked up some from another brand and they seem to give the full amount of travel with the angle mod on the rack?

I just used some longer screws to match the same amount of threads.
With no servo saver you'd be looking at stripping servo gears in a good crash. I suppose that's ok for a sponsored pro driver that gets servos for free, but I don't mind a DNF if the alternative is a busted servo.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
With no servo saver you'd be looking at stripping servo gears in a good crash. I suppose that's ok for a sponsored pro driver that gets servos for free, but I don't mind a DNF if the alternative is a busted servo.
I'll take the opposite - A wrecked servo instead of a DNF
Old 09-05-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
+1
Old 09-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Definitely!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

From my experience it's the same..you strip the gears in your servo you aren't going anywhere..at least with a ball cup it can be popped back on..
Old 09-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

If you are not getting any binding with the captured rod ends, use them. I had rigged up a set for my SCT, but found that they did bind up more than ballcups and put them on the backburner for now.

Generally if I dont take a good hit I can finish races with the modified ballcup/rack setup. Still pops far too easy (compared to every other car), but workable until a real solution appears.

With the captured ends if you hit something hard enough will just break something else (something has to give - servo, spindle, rack.. something). But servos are pretty strong these days.

I'm with the others as for finishing races over life span of a servo - I'd rather my servo turn into a pile of shattered gears than have my car pulled out of the main for a popped ballcup after spending all day at the track.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm confused on the logic of wanting a wrecked servo instead of a dnf. If u wreck a servo u will get a dnf right???
Old 09-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lonslo View Post
I'm confused on the logic of wanting a wrecked servo instead of a dnf. If u wreck a servo u will get a dnf right???
Yes, in the case that a servo is 'wrecked' then you'll DNF. But I guess the logic is that *if* I'm going to DNF - something better be well broken.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.