Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 09-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post
you can probably walk into any local vinyl shop and ask to buy some or google it and you get stuff like. It's like a big sheet of sticker. Cut it out or whatever.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...sl_o0447wqpn_b
oh, okay. I'll see about getting these for my truck. Thanks!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
is the diff screw metric thread on the 22sct?
Not sure if it's metric or not, I just know that when I tried to screw the AE diff bolt into the Losi lock block it felt too snug, so I used the AE Lock Block and it worked perfectly.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Originally Posted by elecRC23 View Post
did you cut it to fit like that or did it come like that because it looks perfect!

yes I cut it.http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Twill-Wea...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 09-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well I called Horizon Hobbies about my broken diff bolt. I even told them I prob broke it by over tighting it. They told me they didnt think it was a bad bolt, so it wasnt there prob. I wasnt trying to get a free bolt, but they didnt even offer to sell me a new one. So I will get my LHS to order one or maby a gear diff. I for sure wont buy any more Losi products. This was my 5 th car from losi.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sgtlt View Post
Well I called Horizon Hobbies about my broken diff bolt. I even told them I prob broke it by over tighting it. They told me they didnt think it was a bad bolt, so it wasnt there prob. I wasnt trying to get a free bolt, but they didnt even offer to sell me a new one. So I will get my LHS to order one or maby a gear diff. I for sure wont buy any more Losi products. This was my 5 th car from losi.
So you call them and admit it was likely user error that caused the part to fail and then get upset they don't offer to sell you a replacement. I'd much rather order a part through my LHS than over the phone...
Old 09-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ya horizon kind of sucks with customer service. The tlr guys on here are an exception and for that I'm grateful.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes, that is passive aggressive - why didn't u just ask them for a free bolt, then Ask them to purchase a replacement. Not their fault, it would be nice I they had a little grace but they can't read ur mind either. Losi still a great product , every car has their issues. Not trying to be a butt, just from what u posted doe yet sounded like u expected them to know what u wanted
Old 09-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I guess I did everything all wrong so it must have been wrong to post on here just to tell about my dealings with a company that anyone on here might need to deal with at some point.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Ya horizon kind of sucks with customer service. The tlr guys on here are an exception and for that I'm grateful.
I don't know what your experience was, but when my charger stopped charging at 5a, I emailed them about it, sent it to them, and they sent me a brand new one the next week. From what I have experienced, their customer service is great!! They even tested the charger to make sure it works properly.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I don't know what your experience was, but when my charger stopped charging at 5a, I emailed them about it, sent it to them, and they sent me a brand new one the next week. From what I have experienced, their customer service is great!! They even tested the charger to make sure it works properly.
+1 I've had good luck with Horizon also.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Diff thrust washer exploded

Im not an an expert diff builder but I've built a lot of Losi/TLR diffs. I always take a long time breaking the diff in and tend to run my slipper on the looser side. With that bring said, I had my inner thrust washer come apart on my 22SCT. I've never had this happen and I'm not trying to place blame on parts.
My question is, what causes the thrust washer to come apart?
Brian
Old 09-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin View Post
Any tips on how to get more forward bite??
Softer rear spring, Move the hubs forward or raise the inside of the rear ball stud are all things to try.

Originally Posted by tipperjackson View Post
Not sure if it's metric or not, I just know that when I tried to screw the AE diff bolt into the Losi lock block it felt too snug, so I used the AE Lock Block and it worked perfectly.
TLR uses a metric bolt AE uses a std bolt.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sgtlt View Post
Yeah I guess I did everything all wrong so it must have been wrong to post on here just to tell about my dealings with a company that anyone on here might need to deal with at some point.
If you call them and tell them you want to order a diff screw, you will get a diff screw. But if you call and tell them you want to DISCUSS a broken diff screw, you will be transferred to Tech Support. People in Tech Support are not order takers, they are there to help you solve problems. You told them you probably overtightened it and they undoubtedly agreed. Their job is now done! Problem solved. On to the next phone call.

Last edited by TheBackmarker; 09-04-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 09-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

ill have my kit in 2 days
Old 09-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Man that's good to hear. I'm glad there are some people that had good results. I hope I have as good of an experience with my next call.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.