Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 08-29-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Sorry for the confusion, I blew out, I was referring to both. If running without, I would consider buggy yellow springs on the rear.
So without sway bars I need yellow springs?? I already ordered the whites
Old 08-29-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Where is everyone measuring their ride height? 29mm is higher than I set my 1/8th scale.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Not sure just what you guys are hitting to pop the ball cups off but I had no problems racing tonight..and the other 3 SCT22's had no problems either..all I can say is WOW..this truck is bad a**.. I'm done with 4x4 SC..this was way more fun! Big thanks to John Shultz for the help at the track tonight..as always you rock!
I'm wondering if this explanation isn't part of the issue some are having, as I've had this issue on a number of totally unrelated (different mfg's) cars

The links and cups are really, really tight to adjust when new. So tight in fact, that they simply pop off when doing final adjustment. Some just get them to an acceptable length and pop them on.

If you do the latter, and you can't roll the steering links between your finger and feel full range movement, both fore and aft, when you compress the suspension violently, the link and cup are so tight, that they have no choice but to pop off.

I always use a little Losi green lube on the links and cups when new. It makes them easy to adjust immediately. I also make sure that I get full range, forward to back rotation of the cup movement on the ball stud.

As I look at my compressed suspension, the cups are fully clearing all obstacles at both ends. As a matter of fact, I can still rotate the cup/link a pinch while fully compressed (it's close). The only way for that cup to pop off is if I break an arm or shock tower - the cups coming off at that point anyway.

This make sense to anyone? I'm not suggesting anyone is doing anything wrong, I've made this same oversight. It happened to me once, I make sure I have free rotation of the cup/link pair and it's not happened to me since.

A hard, hard, crash? Sure...the cups coming off - that doesn't count.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by celt View Post
The links and cups are really, really tight to adjust when new. So tight in fact, that they simply pop off when doing final adjustment. Some just get them to an acceptable length and pop them on..
So I worked on my ball ends quite a bit last night. Never really had to do this before.

First, I pulled all the ball ends off the links and reamed out the very end of the link, first with a body reamer and the with an exacto. Basically opening up the hole that the turnbuckle threads into. This allows for extra clearance when adjusting the turnbuckle all the way in.

Second, I worked each ball cup in and out on the turnbuckle to break in the threads. I used Chapstick as lube and did all 10 ball cups in and out about 5-6 times if not more. The idea here is to make them easier to adjust so they don't pop off.

End result is they stay on better while adjusting.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Anybody notice how little clearance there is between the trailing spindle and the front suspension arm. If I add in any more droop it will definately rub. The spindle is centered as per Ryan's last setup sheet.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:19 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by easye View Post
Hopefully before Trackside specktrum race at the end of october. Other wise setup sheets posted are useless. Can you post sizes of the bars by the color.
White = 1.0mm
Yellow = 1.2mm
Pink = 1.5mm

Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
Everyone having issues with the ball cups popping off I have a fix for you.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...nd-Servo-Saver
Since removing the servo saver from the steering rack from the old design on the xxx platform, this has been a known problem from day one with the steering rack on the new 22 platform. Not as bad with the 22 buggy since it has smaller lighter front tires. It's been an issue with the 22T and now the 22SCT. This is nothing new to TLR they just havent come up with a solution.
The lack of a servo saver is not the issue.

Originally Posted by xlayedoutx View Post
Quick question as I just picked up mine today but which one of these hexs would I need in order to run SCTE wheels?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/webapp/w...pe=productgrid

Also would these work?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...CT-to-TEN-SCTE
The kit hexes will work fine with Ten-SCTE wheels, no other hexes are required.

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Where is everyone measuring their ride height? 29mm is higher than I set my 1/8th scale.
Yes, it really has to do with the bone and arm angles based on the diameter of the tire. Since SC tires and the same diameter as 1/8th (more or less), then the ride height is in the same range as well.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So where do I measure it. Lol
Old 08-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian L View Post
So this is why you are so fast. Did you you run our 22SCT last night and what set-up if you did?
Hey Brian, Pretty much stock setup with a few tweaks. 30wt oil in front shocks, 5 degree caster block, inner bottom rear shock, rest is stock setup.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F_ME View Post
Note to self....run serrated locking axle nuts expecially when running wheel dish covers.
Did the same thing and wheels still fell off. Don't use the wheel disc.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

is there two set of wheels in the kit?
Old 08-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito View Post
is there two set of wheels in the kit?
Yep. 8 total wheels (4 pair). They give you a full set (4) of fake bead locks as well as a full set (4) of wheel disks as well. (wheels are black, covers and rings are yellow).
Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Yep. 8 total wheels (4 pair). They give you a full set (4) of fake bead locks as well as a full set (4) of wheel disks as well. (wheels are black, covers and rings are yellow).
thanks the rims are black with yellow rings
Old 08-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
front page request:

it would be nice to have all of the spring rates/colors (and TLR part numbers) available for the truck. this being my first 22, there seems to be a lot of options with buggy springs, truck springs, etc and people recommending either type.
Made this myself yesterday.. I have the Excel file as well, if anyone is interested.. PM me your email and I'll send it to ya.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the disc is probally spinning in the wheel. couple drops of ca glue on the outer edge of the disc and score the flange of the wheel nut with a cut off wheel should cure this. just a small amount of glue and you should still be able to pop them off if needed. the disc are cool.....
Old 08-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, because the discs spin freely on the wheels the use of serrated nuts is pretty much negated.

The discs need to be keyed to the rims somehow, either by glue or an unlikely redesign. That way the serrated nuts are "locked" to the discs which are "locked" to the wheels.

I wish they would just make one piece dish wheels, in yellow of course

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.