Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 08-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
This truck has been out for all of 6 days. It will take more than 1 week to get it perfected. I spent roughly 18 hours working on a setup this weekend and think its pretty good with and without sway bars.
^ I can attest to that since I saw him at the track both Saturday and Sunday I want to say, not only is Ryan helpful here on the forum, but if you see him in the pits at your local track and you have questions, don't be afraid to introduce yourself and ask him. He (and all the TLR guys) are very helpful and willing to answer your questions to help you get your vehicles set up. Thanks Ryan, for all that you do for us online and at the track!
This setup should be a good place to start and drive for us common folk.
Hey Ryan, can you put that into a PDF file so I can post it on the front page?
Originally Posted by vito View Post
will it pull the front end up with a 5700 4 pole motor in mid motor if the slipper all the way tight
on the asphalt/cement probably yes, on the dirt, no. I put a CC 1410 system into my friends SC10 and that thing wheelied all the way down the street lol Just remember, wheelies are only cool in the street for your friends and neighbors, on track, it's slowing you down.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

it will be ran in the street. i can back the slippr out some
Old 08-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

[QUOTE=ScottKelly911;11144206]^ I can attest to that since I saw him at the track both Saturday and Sunday I want to say, not only is Ryan helpful here on the forum, but if you see him in the pits at your local track and you have questions, don't be afraid to introduce yourself and ask him. He (and all the TLR guys) are very helpful and willing to answer your questions to help you get your vehicles set up. Thanks Ryan, for all that you do for us online and at the track!

Its always my pleasure...thats the part I really enjoy. I got a lot of help when I was a kid and intend to pay it all back.

Hey Ryan, can you put that into a PDF file so I can post it on the front page?

I would but the pdf was too big to attach and thats why I had to do that.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just an FYI, when you go to break in the diff, you might want to first purchase the rear diff adj. tool. If you don't, you will have to pop off the ball cup connector, drop the drive shaft out of the diff cup to get into the nut to tighten up the rear diff between each break in cycle.

Buy the tool first and save yourself the hassle. Other than that the build was great and I can't wait to get some practice laps at the local track to see how this thing drives.

The build is the most fun and the test and tune in a close second, love to see what you can get out of a new vehicle.

Hi, my name is Ron and I'm an RC addict...............LOL!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So I know most people here in ca, don't run mid motor but is there anyone out there running it. Do you have any set ups? are you running weight in the rear. I'm kinda liking the mid motor, yea you loose a little forward bite but its shur hooked up the the infield.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motobigalow View Post
rifle I say, and pics of king pins and weights for you phreak

Thanks bud!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would but the pdf was too big to attach and thats why I had to do that.
No worries, I just put it on the first page with a link to the jpg file. when you click on it, it allows you to make it bigger so you can read it full size. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

how soon until a fix is in for the ball cups? these stockers are seriously lacking. i can't even adjust camber without having them pop off. yes, i did the trimming method.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
how soon until a fix is in for the ball cups? these stockers are seriously lacking. i can't even adjust camber without having them pop off. yes, i did the trimming method.
I used my power drill and ran them in and out a few times, I use a bar of soap on the threads and they work great. But yea if you just put them on 1 time and dont lube them they will pop right off
Old 08-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

you must be doing something wrong. Losi says to us that it might happen only in extreme situations.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Once you work them in and out a couple times the threads will loosen up and you will be able to adjust them without having them pop off.

I am curious if those having issues with the ball cups on the rack are hitting something when they pop off or are they popping off at random.
I race on a very rough surface with huge 1/8 scale size jumps and after 3 heats and a main I never had one pop off...I did not trim the ball cups either. I took a couple tumbles but nothing major, even hit a couple pipes with the front tires turned....just curious why some are having a real issue with this.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Maybe they have elephantitus !
Old 08-28-2012, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I had the same problem with my tlr22 buggy, with the ball cups popping off when trying to adj the caster,camber and toe. Took all the ball cups off and used bar soap on the threads and re-installed and have never had a problem since. With that being said, I must say that these ball cups, if there the same as the 22 are very durable, I've never had one pop off my tlr22 and without a servo saver that's pretty impressive.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

That's a good tip May take mine off and soap them
Old 08-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah building mine now. Trimmed the steering balls cups and they just pop right off while adjusting them. Nice.

Going to dig through my box tonigt for some captures links. Has anyone tried the link ends from the SCTE?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.