Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 08-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

thanks in the info says all vents are cut out
Old 08-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin View Post
I'm glad to hear some of you had a good first outing with the truck, but I wasnt so lucky. The ball cups on the steering came off 3 times and the rear end was really loose. The track is a loose, bumpy, dusty, 1/8 outdoor. I put the kit setup in and did the tranny shim trick. Any help on how to get the rear end planted would be great!!
Do this easy mod
http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2012/...-ball-cup.html

This was a known issue but they decided to release the truck with this "service annoucement" instead of delaying the truck a couple months because of it. It is very easy to do and a simple fix. It is only needed for the steering link ball cups!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by vito View Post
thanks in the info says all vents are cut out
Where does it say that. I am not disputing you just don't know where you read that. My kit came with a diagram of what to cut out in the sticker bag with a diagram on what holes to cut in the body.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR8061
Old 08-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Prophet

They released this body after the first one. This is a different part number they also have the body without vents cut which is what you can buy today and is what comes with the kit.

We get the TLR8060 with the kit. Exact same body but vents not cut out.

The 61 pre cut body is scheduled for release in november.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR8060
Old 08-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That is the OPTIONAL Pre-cut body available separately. That is not the body that comes in the kit. The kit body is not cut out.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

thanks guys
Old 08-26-2012, 12:36 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mototech View Post
Anybody know if a Spektrum S6040 requires an extension wire in rear motor? Thanks
No, the RX is mounted right behind the Servo.

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
Does 18/86 for 7.5 and 20/86 for 8.5 sound Right?
I suggest 17/86 for a 7.5T and 18/86 for an 8.5T

Originally Posted by thefatkid View Post
Yes, the 22sct has the kick built in (no shims). If you want less then 30 kick you must use the 22 front hinge and the shims to come with it.

To bad they don't have a shim that you could reverse to take a little of the 30 kick out
You can't make a reverse shim without drastically changing the roll center of the front end.

Originally Posted by Mototech View Post
Ooops! My bad. ESC to receiver. Tekin RS to Futaba receiver. I had to run one on my 22. Thanks
I expect most ESC's to require a 3" extension, I know it is required for the Orion R10 Pro.

Originally Posted by AlienModified View Post
Next time I'm getting the pre-cut body....
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
The pre cut body does not have the vent holes cut , just the sides and wheel arches are cut .
First off, TLR8061 does come with all the vent holes cut, except the rectangle in the back of the rear fenders, which can help reliability. It is awesome, so fast and easy.

Originally Posted by Jimmy Lauri View Post
Mike thankyou very much! I got one more question to ask. I just bought the Losi xxx sct roller kit and the new 22sct kit. I will be racing at Rc madness in Connecticut. The indoor carpet track. Both trucks in mod class. whats a good motor,esc,pinion and spur to run? and yep im a newb. I have a little 1/8 nitro buggy time about 8 yrs ago. Congestive heart failure has me back in the hobby...i love it! 43 yrs old...aint ready to stop now!
Motor: Orion 6.5T VST Pro
ESC: Orion R10 Pro (ORI65102)
Pinion: 16T
Spur: 86T

Originally Posted by Wildrcracn View Post
First off , hats off to losi
Great truck
Great instruction manual
Very very happy
Question to the pros on here, what servo are u guys running on the 22sct?
The servo I'm running is Align 610 which is just like a savox 1257, I believe that number is right.
Anyways the servo rubs on the link, and is too close for me , are u guys running a smaller servo , that is flater in the front ?
Thanks for the help
Ps I use no shims, also my tekin rs is glitching so now have to run a cap
I run the Spektrum S6040 servo and I love it.

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin View Post
I'm glad to hear some of you had a good first outing with the truck, but I wasnt so lucky. The ball cups on the steering came off 3 times and the rear end was really loose. The track is a loose, bumpy, dusty, 1/8 outdoor. I put the kit setup in and did the tranny shim trick. Any help on how to get the rear end planted would be great!!
Did you do the modification to the ball up? Check it out here, that should take care of the issue.

How was the truck loose? What type of track, maybe a youtube video link? What tires did you run, and what tires to the fast guys at your track run? Was the truck loose entry, middle, or exit? Was it not rolling into the grip enough, or rolling too hard, dumping and sliding?
Old 08-26-2012, 12:37 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
They released this body after the first one. This is a different part number they also have the body without vents cut which is what you can buy today and is what comes with the kit.

TLR8061 is already shipping...
Old 08-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post

That's weird my local hobby shop got 4 of the precut bodies in a week ago.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I did the quick mod to the ball cups and still pop off with the suspention compressed. So to fix that even futher I tapered the edge of the rack with my dremel and the ball cup right where the hex ends and dips down to the cup. Wish I could take a pic of it. Basiclly compress te suspention and watch the ball cup hit the rack and pop the cup off.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Does anybody have a dialed setup for a loose outdoor track? I tried the box setup and it seemed a bit loose..... Its the same surface track as rc madness........
Running aka super soft enduros on the front and gridirons on back!

Last edited by dougo96; 08-26-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default sorry if this has been posted i tried looking for it

What do i have to do to change my 22t over to the sct.I bought this 22t thinking the class was going to take off but never so id like to switch it over.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Did you do the modification to the ball up? Check it out here, that should take care of the issue.

How was the truck loose? What type of track, maybe a youtube video link? What tires did you run, and what tires to the fast guys at your track run? Was the truck loose entry, middle, or exit? Was it not rolling into the grip enough, or rolling too hard, dumping and sliding?[/QUOTE]

I did do the ball cup mod but may have taken alittle too much off of one of them I'll try getting some new ones..

I'll try to get a video next week we have a race on labor day. Here's a link to the track page you can at least see what the track looks like in the photos.
http://www.clarkrcpark.com/

I also installed the aluminum steering rack and it completely bound up, it must have gouged the plastic and just got stuck I intstalled the plastic one just as a quick fix so I need to look into that also.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What's the mod to the transmission do? Change the roll center?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.