opinions on Kyosho Inferno VE 4WD

Old 06-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default opinions on Kyosho Inferno VE 4WD

any body have input on this buggy?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

For bashing probably one of the best. Its heavy, real heavy, but can take a general beating OK.

For racing not so much. The first time I jumped this thing the two front rods holding the A Arms snapped in two places.

The second jump the back ones snapped. Replaced both and now have had no problems.

The front and rear suspension carriers bend in seconds, hit a gnat at 10mph and they bend. Got some upgraded ones, albeit from a second hand shop, and they also bent.

The two front hub carriers both stripped out on me, this was after the screws just fell out, and I HAD locktited them.

If you have kyosho parts support, for the MP7.5/777 then you should be fine for parts, if not, then youll have to order everything online.

All in all was disappointed in this car. Never snapped an A arm front or back, but all the little things that went wrong.

Do yourself a favor and get a xray 808E or mugen because those are tanks that can take a godly beating and go on.

Or better yet buy a kit that has really good support in your area.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for taking the time and giving such a great reply I appreciate it. I'm new to rc and have been eye balling the xray, but fear I may not be able to put it together. I have been looking at the vorza also.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by BigBallin View Post
Thanks for taking the time and giving such a great reply I appreciate it. I'm new to rc and have been eye balling the xray, but fear I may not be able to put it together. I have been looking at the vorza also.
Get that XRAY 808E! The instructions given by Xray for there vehicles are second to none!

AND its a blast to put one together. Not only fun but if (I say if because xrays are tanks) something breaks youve put it all together so you know how to get it apart.

Plus you can get second hand ESC/Motor combos (I have an RX8/2250kv motor for sale) for much cheaper then full price here on RCTECH for sale area.

Servos are about 60 to 100 bucks, Id suggest the Savox 1258tg, I use it in my xray and its fast and powerful.

Ask anything you need here, the people on RCTECH are usually friendly and helpful!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The chassis is great. Gears, arms, shafts, etc. The shocks and shock towers are no good. The shocks towers bend on the slightest impact.

I changed to a MP9e after a month and I love it! Also had a RC8Be and didn't like the handling. MP9e is the best ride for me. Add RX8 combo and Savox 1258 and you're good to go!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Initiate

I have an Inferno . Like the others said , the stock shocks are junk . I replaced them wit D8 hotbodies shocks , new Savox 1267 servo and I put a Losi 50T spur on the ctr diff , great basher I use the Castle MMM 2200 system on 4S lipo .

Very similar to a Vorza , I have one too . The dogbones all around on the Kyosho are much thicker though .
Old 06-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ive been going through the same question i too was looking at this car. Its tempting at the price point but its definately you get what you pay for product. Im holding out and saving my pennies to buy the mugen. Ive wanted one since about 1985 or so. I figure it will be worth the wait. Its like getting that broken christmas present as a kid. You get all excited to see your new buggy (the kyosho) and the first time you do anything it breaks...lol.