Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Fan not working on Mamba Monster? >

Fan not working on Mamba Monster?

Fan not working on Mamba Monster?

Old 06-09-2012, 04:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Fan not working on Mamba Monster?

The fan is not running on my Mamba Monster. Should the fan start when powering up and then turn off? After heavy running the fan is not running, but it is not overheated. How can I check if the fan is OK?
Old 06-09-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larsen2000
The fan is not running on my Mamba Monster. Should the fan start when powering up and then turn off? After heavy running the fan is not running, but it is not overheated. How can I check if the fan is OK?

The fan will run until the speed control is armed. After the speed control arms, it will shut down until speed controller reaches 150°; If your speed control is running under 150° F, the fan will never turn on.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Ooops.. the fan is not running before the ESC is armed so I guess it is something wrong, then? Is it possible to just replace the fan?
Old 06-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Rookie

It voids the warranty undoing the case, but the fan just unclips from the housing and then unplug the 3 pin connector. Really simple.

PM'd.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Initiate

So it is possible just to buy the fan?
Old 06-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d4ns
It voids the warranty undoing the case, but the fan just unclips from the housing and then unplug the 3 pin connector. Really simple.

PM'd.
Actually thats not true , the only thing that will truely void the warranty is soldering on the board or altering it some other way . Replacing the fan is perfectly fine as long as you dont damage the board doing it .

You can either buy a new case/fan kit from castle or your LHS or just replace the original fan with a better one . I like the ones from manicrcfans.com they last a long time and have the right plug on them so you dont have to splice on the plug from the original fan .

Here is a link too manic rc and the replacement fan for the Mamba Monster ESC .

http://manicrcfans.com/index_files/Page420.htm
Old 06-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Actually thats not true , the only thing that will truely void the warranty is soldering on the board or altering it some other way . Replacing the fan is perfectly fine as long as you dont damage the board doing it .

You can either buy a new case/fan kit from castle or your LHS or just replace the original fan with a better one . I like the ones from manicrcfans.com they last a long time and have the right plug on them so you dont have to splice on the plug from the original fan .

Here is a link too manic rc and the replacement fan for the Mamba Monster ESC .

http://manicrcfans.com/index_files/Page420.htm
Does anyone know the specs on the stock fan for the Mamba Monster as far as RPM's and the CFM on that particular fan? Thanks,Huck50
Old 06-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

IDK about specs but the Mamba Monster fan is a cheap brass bushing fan and the one from Manic is a ball bearing fan .
Old 06-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've replaced a few MMM fans over the last couple of years. Pretty easy. Castles website actually has directions on how to do it. But before you buy a new fan try to blast out the old fan with an air compressor. Sometimes there is just a little something lodged in there preventing the fan from spinning.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
IDK about specs but the Mamba Monster fan is a cheap brass bushing fan and the one from Manic is a ball bearing fan .
In your opinion,would it be worth it to change out my new Castle fan for a Manic fan right off,or wait till the Castle fan goes bye-bye?! Thanks,Huck50
Old 06-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

I would wait , but if it happens during a race then that would be a bummer .