Wiki Posts
Search

MMP with a Pro4 4600 in an SCTE

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default MMP with a Pro4 4600 in an SCTE

Just wondering if anyone is running the Mamba Max Pro with a Tekin Pro 4 4600 in their Losi SCTE?
If so what does your profile look like drag brake , brake amount, Max forward power, are you using the punch control, if so what%, also are you using the torque limiter?

I am currently using version 1.33 Beta
Brake amount 50%
Drag Brake 20%
Max Forward Power 100%
Punch control disabled 0%
Torque limit disabled
Throttle dead band 0.1000ms
Start Power Low
sensorless motor timing low=0
Motor Type Smartsense brushless
CHEAT Disabled

Any help would be great, I race on a track that is very large 1/8 scale size with loose conditions that creates lots of wheelspin.
'Any help with the settings would be great.
Thanks
Old 06-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIGMAN
Just wondering if anyone is running the Mamba Max Pro with a Tekin Pro 4 4600 in their Losi SCTE?
If so what does your profile look like drag brake , brake amount, Max forward power, are you using the punch control, if so what%, also are you using the torque limiter?

I am currently using version 1.33 Beta
Brake amount 50%
Drag Brake 20%
Max Forward Power 100%
Punch control disabled 0%
Torque limit disabled
Throttle dead band 0.1000ms
Start Power Low
sensorless motor timing low=0
Motor Type Smartsense brushless
CHEAT Disabled

Any help would be great, I race on a track that is very large 1/8 scale size with loose conditions that creates lots of wheelspin.
'Any help with the settings would be great.
Thanks
I know that if your having temp issues, which most people running a Pro 4 4600 in the SCTE seem to run on the warm side 160*+, you can get rid of the drag break. I also believe a slight increase to your punch control would be okay, this will help limit the slip. It has been a while since I have run a MMP with my SCTE, so take it for what its worth.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey man, I will take whatever help I can get, I have been having heat issues with every motor/esc combo I have tried in this thing. Last race was the best I have had heat wise came off after the 7 minute main at 178 geared 40/13 I did have to pushit pretty hard the last couple minutes after I screwed the pooch with a 2 second lead and was trying to catch back up. I was running an RX8 then though, I had to pull it out to go in the 8ight e, It was this or the havoc pro sc w/ xdrive, I lit the last havoc pro on fire in 2 minutes though so I figured this was a better choice......LOL
I did hear after I lit it on fire though that the 4600 won't work with the older havocs (would have been handy info beforehand LOL)

I ran it a little on my backyard track tonight...seems to work ok but I was hoping for some setup info from someone who has run or is running this combo.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIGMAN
Hey man, I will take whatever help I can get, I have been having heat issues with every motor/esc combo I have tried in this thing. Last race was the best I have had heat wise came off after the 7 minute main at 178 geared 40/13 I did have to pushit pretty hard the last couple minutes after I screwed the pooch with a 2 second lead and was trying to catch back up. I was running an RX8 then though, I had to pull it out to go in the 8ight e, It was this or the havoc pro sc w/ xdrive, I lit the last havoc pro on fire in 2 minutes though so I figured this was a better choice......LOL
I did hear after I lit it on fire though that the 4600 won't work with the older havocs (would have been handy info beforehand LOL)

I ran it a little on my backyard track tonight...seems to work ok but I was hoping for some setup info from someone who has run or is running this combo.

Thanks again for the help.
My kid and I race the scte and He had the MMP and a Tekin pro 4000 but the MMP just had to many problems so he went with a RX8, no prob's now. I Run a pro4 4600 with a RX8 and it runs great.

No esc timing or sometimes not over 30.
Start rpm 8171
Finish rpm 18014
No drag brake
current limit 60
14 pinion
Temps are good, don't remember but I can keep my fingers on it after a 8 min main
Old 06-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I dont run the Pro4, but I run the Fantom Fusion2 4.5. Its a crazy fast motor that pulls a ton of amps like the Pro4. Its 5200 kv. I was having some issues with heat as well. 180 motor, 150 esc with basic settings. I switched it to Smart Sense mode and it dropped everything by 10 degrees and ran just as fast and smooth. If you are interested I can post my entire esc settings.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

I run a Castle 4 pole 4600 with a MMP ESC. Heat was always an issue with my 4wd slash. Got rid of that and put the electronics in a 2wd lcg slash. Heat issues defenetely dropped and speed was never an issue. However I got rid of the 2wd slash and am looking to throw these electronics in a wraith.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:25 PM
dtr
Tech Master

I agree with ach86 in removing drag brake but instead of punch control I would add some torque limit.