Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
mains of e 1/8 buggy and truggy???? >

mains of e 1/8 buggy and truggy????

mains of e 1/8 buggy and truggy????

Old 06-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
I like the idea of 1 seeding qual and then 3 mains... How would the mains work as far as overall winner? Most laps? Can rcscoring pro b setup to do this? Like triple main setup of some sort??
3 mains. 3 winners. Score it just like 3 regular races if you keep a point tally.

Don't really need an overall winner. The racers can figure that out themselfs anyways.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For "club" races I much prefer 3 5min qualifiers and one 10 min main. No need for double or triple mains at club races. Tires and gear is too expensive for that.

Brian

Last edited by SUPERLOOPER; 06-07-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Only need 1 qual. Everyone was on the track during practice anyways. After the 1st main you can use the results as the starting order for the next main. run the starting order for the last main backwards. (slowest car in TQ)

There's alot of cool things that can be done. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, is the definition of insanity. If we want RC to grow again, then trying something different and fun may be a good idea.
I've been saying this forever. One of the reasons I think there aren't as many racers is that the race days are too long. I'd race every weekend if it didn't require a 12-15 hour commitmentment. Most of the time wasted is running 3 qualifiers. I get it at regional/big races, but it is just stupid at club racers imho.

There have to be some innovative ways to run races more efficiently and fun. RC seems to be stuck in a time warp when it comes to rules, tradtions, etc.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Il just let you know why a lot of tracks run 3 heats and longer mains its mostly because the nitro guys want to run longer mains like 20 + . Not the electric guys which were fine with 10 to 15 min mains thats all i can handle lol.

And theres guys who travel from 2 hours and do not like the fact if a track is running only two heats and shorter mains and do not want to come back i cant blame them really. If i traveled that far and spent all that money on gas/tolls i would expect a longer day.

Oh yea i dint mention this but im not a fan of them Ifmar starts during qualifying !
Old 06-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

I've been advocating a 2 qual/2 main format for electric but most of the clubs I run at don't usually separate the electrics from Nitros which is fine too. I'd rather see an A-C main than one main each for electric and nitro. If there is only one main there there really is no reason to run qualifiers.

Ditto what others have said about race day length. I'd like to see club tracks run short format evening races. Maybe limit classes (buggy/truggy one night, SCT another night) so that two qualifiers and a 10 minute main can be knocked out in a few hours. Like a lot of guys I have other hobbies and a family. I race outdoor less and less every year because I can't spend a whole day on it.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Many tracks are cutting classes to improve racing. Trying to group everyone into just a couple classes. I think more and more tracks are insisting on at least 6-7 cars per class. I think they should jump to 9-10.

The 5qual, 5qual, 5qual, 30main format can still be used for nitro. While 5qual, 10main, 10main, 10main can be used for electric on the same day.

Let's face it, nitro and electric are being combined and the times are being set by the lowest denominator anyways. So the nitro guys better get used to short mains on club days. They usually travel to large events with long mains anyways.

Tracks may need to start earlier and move quicker to keep people happy.